Sign in to follow this  
pythonmsh

My first dayz standalone experience.

I loaded up and it's night time with a bit of moonlight.

I spawn on the docks in cherno.

I end up finding somebody in one of the new enter-able buildings.

We both say we're friendly.

For the past 35 minutes our skype conversation went like this

"Dude what the fuck this building is enter-able too!"

"Yea dude this one too!"

I'm not a big fan of how my shovel isn't already ready to go when i bring it out. It's kind of buggy and we had a fairly bad experience with a zombie.

Ew... Skype...

Why the hell won't people just using the f**** chat that's already in-game?! It's there for a reason!

I loaded up and it's night time with a bit of moonlight.

I spawn on the docks in cherno.

I end up finding somebody in one of the new enter-able buildings.

We both say we're friendly.

For the past 35 minutes our skype conversation went like this

"Dude what the fuck this building is enter-able too!"

"Yea dude this one too!"

I'm not a big fan of how my shovel isn't already ready to go when i bring it out. It's kind of buggy and we had a fairly bad experience with a zombie.

Pretty nice you found somebody friendly.

Ew... Skype...

Why the hell won't people just using the f**** chat that's already in-game?! It's there for a reason!

Please, dont get this conversation started.

Please, dont get this conversation started.

The conversation never ended. Death to TeamSuck3 and all who use it.

Also how come my character reset? Both of us went to take a break and came back. His character was there but mine reset.

Also how come my character reset? Both of us went to take a break and came back. His character was there but mine reset.

This seems to be a problem with the hive, unless there is actually no hive, i think we need confirmation from the mods, but i think thats a bug.

EDIT: Kichi got it.

Edited by Henryllex~

It was similar in everyway to my first mod game, spawned in the dark. Ran around heard zombies and shit myself and logged out.

NOw waiting for the day workers to go to work, the kids at school to go to school and I will reacquaint myself with old DayZ.

On a side note I wonder how many sickies are pulled today?

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

The conversation never ended. Death to TeamSuck3 and all who use it.

I remember having this convosation about 6 months ago before I left. Still going on hey?

As much as I agree that the game would be way better if everyone used in game chat, it's completely unrealistic. I like to talk to friends a whole group of friends, some of which I'm in game with, some of which aren't. The sound quality in game is well below average, and I don't know where my friends are in game if I want to meet up.

Ew... Skype...

Not to add any fuel to the fire here lads but I always use Skype when it comes to gaming on my pc, never really have I ever used a form of in-game chat; especially that of an Arma mod. Due to the fact when on Skype with my friends whilst we're playing DayZ I'm normally talking to them about shit that isn't to do with playing the game and hearing it over the game chat would a) be annoying to other players and b) be completely fucking pointless.

There is something to be said in regards to not using Skype, skype breaks immersion way more than the in game voice.

Fuck the idea of "immersion" I'm in my room looking at my screen playing a video-game, how non-immersed can you get other than leaving your computer desk to go and get an actual meal rather than a tin of canned beans and some wood for the camp fire you've just built?

I don't come home from college to get "immersed" in the world of DayZ, I come home from college to get "geared up" and shoot da n00bieZ whilst having a laugh with my mates that isnt limited by the in-game chat of Day-Z which is polluted with morons over side chat -___-