Sign in to follow this  
darwish

Find friend

Heya, Me and a friend started playing Day Z but we've spent 45 minutes trying to find eachother now. Is there an easier way ? We don't know if we walk away from eachother or are on the same side of the island..

Need compas or map or something ;-)

Heya, Me and a friend started playing Day Z but we've spent 45 minutes trying to find eachother now. Is there an easier way ? We don't know if we walk away from eachother or are on the same side of the island..

Need compas or map or something ;-)

Enjoy the feeling as long as it lasts. :)

• Like 4

That didnt help at all, I want to play this game with a friend, and i probably will stop playing if its really that messed up.. The world is so big and its like impossible to know if you walk into the same direction or not.

• Like 1

That didnt help at all, I want to play this game with a friend, and i probably will stop playing if its really that messed up.. The world is so big and its like impossible to know if you walk into the same direction or not.

You are on a large map, locate land marks and youn will need to relay them to your friend and locate eachother.  You can also use the dayz DB map which is not completely accurate now but will give you at least an idea of where the towns are.

That is some usefull information. Thanks a lot Steak and Potatoes, the map will help indeed.

• Like 1

Actually, while you might not realise it at this early stage, that was probably some of the most sage advice you're going to get, regarding this game.

• Like 1

Teemo, 

I understand that this is a explore/survival game, but if you don't have a map and you play this game for the first time without any direction and you want to play with a friend it gets kinda annoying if you can't find eachother because you have no clue if you walk away from eachother or are not even on the same track. With the map Steak and patatoes gave i at least have some direction of where i can go etc.

I can't edit my post but I thought you were using the mod. I am assuming your in the SA version and I don't think DayZ Commander works with that. Sorry!

Teemo, 

I understand that this is a explore/survival game, but if you don't have a map and you play this game for the first time without any direction and you want to play with a friend it gets kinda annoying if you can't find eachother because you have no clue if you walk away from eachother or are not even on the same track. With the map Steak and patatoes gave i at least have some direction of where i can go etc.

Heh, don't take it the wrong way mate. Every single person who ever played this game, started out moaning about lack of starting with your friends, or how hard it was to find them...

Every. Single. One.

But once you get into the game... You cherish the time when you were lost. The sense of wonder seeing Cherno for the first time, would have.

Before you knew where to farm for gear, before your routine pick ups, and griefing... All you had, coming into this game, was a sense of foreboding, awe and suspense.

My only regret with this game, is that this feeling can't last longer than it does.

The sooner you use your off game maps, the sooner you tweak the gamma to see better at night, and the sooner you hole up with your friends, and just suicide rush buildings for loot, cus you know you can raid your own corpse later and get it back, is the sooner we get the "Kill on Sight" mentality back.

It stops being about suspense, and the magic fades.

Upon closer inspection, that beautiful diamond in your hands, sparkling with potential and atmosphere, is just another shard of glass.

A cold, ruthless pvp game that, while fun on it's own merit, in no way resembles the treasure your mind made it up to be.

It could have been so much more.

The longer you hold off from meta gaming, the longer you can hold on to that illusion.

Kilchilron was right.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

• Like 1

your best bet is going by Steak and Potatoes; additionally you can try using road signs to help you find your friend, and since you always spawn along the shore you can use sun positioning to figure out your direction. Remember Sun rises in the East sets in the West and the sun does change position in game so that the road signs and buildings and you can usually find each other eventually. Most iconic and easily spotted land mark are the apartments. Best bet is to gear up before hand cause you won't find much there and zombies spawn there frequently.

• Like 2

The game isn't messed up, your low patience threshold is.

The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Now you know where east and west are! If your near the coast you can use that too. Coast on the left---your running west, coast on the right---your running east.

The coastline has unique landmarks and landscapes. Lighthouse on a small island...your near Electro. See a string of islands...thats Kamy. See big cranes? Only certain area's have them.

Use dayzmap.com to find out what town your in as it has the in-game Russian names.

your best bet is going by Steak and Potatoes; additionally you can try using road signs to help you find your friend, and since you always spawn along the shore you can use sun positioning to figure out your direction. Remember Sun rises in the East sets in the West and the sun does change position in game so that the road signs and buildings and you can usually find each other eventually. Most iconic and easily spotted land mark are the apartments. Best bet is to gear up before hand cause you won't find much there and zombies spawn there frequently.

Great tip for you OP. Remember that one!!

lol well they don't have a GPS right now so that about all you can do if you have a map is look at road signs. but Yeah right off the bat you should know you direction since you spawn in the southern most area of the map. SO when you face the shore line you're facing south and east is to you left west right north behind you.