Sign in to follow this  
Insannik

How to make the game work from your SSD? (Steam Version)

Hello again,

A few days ago I made a topic about my friend having problems with the game.

He gets a random "receiving" screen every now and then. And it doesn't go away until he closes the game.

In that topic, people told me to tell him to put the game on his SSD to make it run faster.

He has te steam version of the game so we took the folders "Arma2" and "Arma2OA" and dragged it from Steam/Steamapps/common to his SSD.

But now, there's a new problem.

After opening both games manually and seperately a few times, Dayzcommander still doesn't find his game folder.

We tried overriding the file locations and putting them in manually but nothing works. Dayzcommander keeps saying the game is not installed.

Because of this, he can't launch the game through the commander, he can't update the game or any of the mods and if we try to lauch ArmaOA and enable the mods manually, the game fails to initialize BattleEye when he tries to join a server.

I'm sure some of you have the steam version and have put them on your SSD. So can anyone help us on this matter so he can finally play and enjoy the game like all of us?

Thanks in advance

Greets, --Insannik.

DayZCommander doesn't recognise it being somewhere else, because you manually dragged it. This means that Windows still thinks it's in the old location, where it was originally installed in.

Try updating the gamelocation / path in DayZCommander manually.

If that doesn't work reinstall the game using Steam, but make sure to install it on the SSD from the very first step.

• Like 1

When trying to install it to a different location on his SSD. Steam says the SSD is not writeable..

Any ideas?

Has he formatted the SSD and given it a drive letter? If it's a new drive, you'll likely need to do this first.

Try right clicking "My computer" and then click "manage", then select "disk management" in the left side of the window.

Your SSD should show up there if connected. You can initialize the drive from there.

GL.

His SSD works, he uses it for his OS.. so there's nothing wrong with that..

We're gonna try and use steam mover to move it after installing it.

Does anyone here have any experience using the Steam Mover? If so? let me know if it works or if it's worth giving a shot? :)

I didnt bother with steam mover here .. just rename your arma folders so they don't get messed with, and then delete from steam library, Start a reinstall  thru steam onto your ssd, and then stop it so you can just copy the renamed folders into the new ones on ssd.  You may have to verify files once your done.