Sign in to follow this  
jwo7777777

TWO HIVES

Hive 1: All servers with friendly fire turned on.

Hive 2: All servers with friendly fire turned off.

By implication, those who want the full experience play on servers with ff on. Bandit averse people play on servers with ff off.

Characters cannot migrate, preventing contamination of ff on servers with people who jumped to ff off servers to gain gear. Therefore each UID can have two characters, one on the ff on and one on the ff off.

Yeah because at this time of the development it's such a priority to cater to everyone's little needs -_-

nah, would totally ruin part of what makes this game so special.PVP is hard, can happen at any time and if you die, you lose. That's what it should be, shouldn't be an option. We should all learn to enjoy the power of the frustration, anger, and exitement this game offers you, and learn from your mistakes. (Not trying to get personal it's just my view, and why i disagree :))

PVP is needed. Without PVP it would not be so thrilling... Just imagine - you have all the best equip, you will have cars, helis, whatever... what to do next? Go and shoot zombies with machine gun?

Also a hive where you don't have to eat or drink... and another where everyone has infinite ammo.................................................

Yeah because at this time of the development it's such a priority to cater to everyone's little needs -_-

Obviously you misunderstand by thinking that suggestions are only for immediate, short term changes in the gameplay. Multiple hives is more of a long term gameplay suggestion.

There is no game without PvP. There is nothing there. You would loose interest in the game so fast. Kill zombies? How long before you have so much ammo and gear and tents with stuff that no amount of zombies matter? There is no one to take your gear, raid your tents or reset your progress.

The game is frustrating, unforgiving and punishing. Thats why its fun.

PVP is needed. Without PVP it would not be so thrilling... Just imagine - you have all the best equip' date=' you will have cars, helis, whatever... what to do next? Go and shoot zombies with machine gun?

[/quote']

Not everyone who plays DayZ is in it for the twitch shooting. There are players who want to explore the environment and the cooperative side of the mod as well. Presently there is no reliable way to build community within the mod due to players who are preprogrammed by the prevalence of deathmatch play in other multiplayer FPSs.

There is no game without PvP. There is nothing there. You would loose interest in the game so fast. Kill zombies? How long before you have so much ammo and gear and tents with stuff that no amount of zombies matter? There is no one to take your gear' date=' raid your tents or reset your progress.

The game is frustrating, unforgiving and punishing. Thats why its fun.

[/quote']

I find other aspects of the game fun and 90%+ of my deaths are due to zombie interactions and the way I choose to play. I'm sorry that you think that a different gameplay balance would be no fun, but you are also making the assumption that tents would remain and that weapon and ammo drops would be the same.

A ff off game would be COMPLETELY different and may require entirely different drops and ratios to maintain interest.

-------

At this point, I am finding most of the "NO" responses in reply to my idea to be kneejerk "Don't change my game, bro" responses.

So, then, what mechanism needs to be put in the game to create a strong incentive to band together? Human history is replete with mankind dealing with disasters by banding together, but there is presently minimal reward in the game to do so as compared to shooting your neighbor and stealing his stuff.

The reason why I said no was represented by your statement that it would need to be rebalanced completely. Why would devs work on two versions of the same game to cater to people who dont want to be shot by other players?

Rocket has already stated in interviews that his intention and his next focus will be team building. People talk as though this is a complete game. "Its completely unplayable, go back to the last build"... etc. Wouldnt you think it be more constructive to include feedback on how to immediately help out the game rather than offering something for the "long term"?

Not everyone who plays DayZ is in it for the twitch shooting. There are players who want to explore the environment and the cooperative side of the mod as well.

+1 . A lot of player have been brought to DayZ by videos like this one:

I'm now playing as a bandit because it's easier, safer and more rewarding

with how the game is for now, but having the choice beetween a PvP and a Co-Op gameplay would be nice.

Wouldnt you think it be more constructive to include feedback on how to immediately help out the game rather than offering something for the "long term"?

Our priorities are different. This is a good thing. Each of us brings a different perspective on this game.

I did have lots of shot term suggestions. Then I actually read the forum instructions, searched the posts, and found that someone had already posted the same or similar idea. There was no need to rehash the subjects.

To actually answer your question ... no. The game is in alpha. While in alpha, even the long term, basic game play and goals of the game are still subject to change. Once in beta, the devs focus on polishing the bugs out of the game and rarely touch the gameplay.

Also a hive where you don't have to eat or drink... and another where everyone has infinite ammo.................................................

Omg best comment here. This isn't a pve game that would ruin the game itself. Stop making numerous threads on this topic

PvE only servers would offer no challenge to any semi-decent players.