Sign in to follow this  
REDMAGE628

For crying out loud give us something!

A crowbar, a hatchet, a spork something so that if we draw aggro we can defend ourselves. It doesn't have to be a good weapon just something. Aggro is so buggy atm it almost impossible to find a gun to defend yourself with before you're < 6k life.

Be more careful then. I usually only crawl when I am near Buildings.

But that would force him to require patience and common sense. Much easier to QQ on the forums.

It's not the perspective that's the problem. I see and hear the zombies just fine in either 1st or 3rd person. It's the detection. Basing it on LoS is an awesome idea but these are some eagle eyed fucking zombies.

Then when you do draw aggro you'd better pray to god there's a building nearby or else you literally can't deal with them. Even if you started with a crap melee weapon that had to hit 3+ times to kill them it would be better than this.

To find a weapon you have to sneak past zombies without making a single mistake. What's the point of even having weapons? If you're good enough to get to one then you don't need it.

1) Third Person

2) Prone Everywhere

Solved!

Oh so many alternatives to tackle a problem /facepalm

A crowbar' date=' a hatchet, a spork something so that if we draw aggro we can defend ourselves. It doesn't have to be a good weapon just something. Aggro is so buggy atm it almost impossible to find a gun to defend yourself with before you're < 6k life.

[/quote']

I got a solution: Play better.

Or to be more specific: Find a good town to loot, sneak around zeds, obtain weapon, continue to be sneaky.

If it works for the rest of us, it can work for you.

Or to be more specific: Find a good town to loot' date=' sneak around zeds, obtain weapon, continue to be sneaky.

[u']If it works for the rest of us, it can work for you.

Wow I hadn't thought of this until now. Thanks for your help!

Wow I hadn't thought of this until now. Thanks for your help!

Can't tell if sarcastic...

@OP

1st of all do NOT aggro zombies. There is absolutely no reason to attack zombies.

Plan before you go into village/town. Watch zeds, plot routes - be sneaky and smart! Tin cans are more useful then weapon.

During night zombies are almost blind. You can easily sneak around them or throw a flare to distract them.

Read tutorials, hints and watch let's plays how other people survive.

At the start, your best survival tool is your legs. Run from zombies.

Some people enjoy various methods of dealing with a problem instead of being forcefed the only option worth while. Figure that.

Really? Now that you can lose zombies via LoS?

I used to fear aggro., crawling for ages to get a drink of water.

Now I just run into any city or town, repeatedly. Losing aggro is very easy.

Either way, breaking a leg is the real game-finisher. That and other players, as always.

1) Third Person

2) Prone Everywhere

Solved!

Oh so many alternatives to tackle a problem /facepalm

This is a problem? Since when? *Shrugs* Must be just me, I have no problems finding weapons and gearing up.

Now everyone and their grandmother killing you on sight, now that sucks.

ignore people saying to sneak around zombies, its a complete and utter waste of time unless you feel like crawling everywhere(which to me is the most boring aspect of any game ive ever played before, but thats just me). the aggro range is just ridiculous since 1.7.1.1

best thing is just sprint from building to building and log out and in to drop zombie aggro

Be more careful then. I usually only crawl when I am near Buildings.

But that would force him to require patience and common sense. Much easier to QQ on the forums.

Jik' date='

you know how I feel about this but I am always as of late I am drawing aggro from every zombie in a 50m radius (whether I am prone or not)

and of course to top it off, I can not find a weapon to save my game life. I am in electro!!! and I can't find a gun.. I can find engine parts... and ammo... NO guns though.

[hr']

I agree, we need something. I understand Rocket is following his own vision and that is cool. but at the same time, they need something to balance this back out.

Anyways I just read the post where rocket explained detection is fucked and they're fixing it. So hopefully it'll get better soon. Judging from everyone's response the best option to deal with the fucked up detection is to crawl everywhere I go chucking tin cans. So I don't think I'll be playing until the next hotfix.

It's about as easy as being an asshole on the forums is...

My sneaking is just fine btw. I am patient and I have common sense. Detection is fucked and fresh spawns are defenseless. That's the QQ. Please stop telling me to sneak, and please don't respond with troll bullshit like the above quote.

....best thing is just sprint from building to building and log out and in to drop zombie aggro

You're kidding, right? You would use an exploit to do something simple enough to do in game, as designed?

I have not noticed any significant change in drawing aggro, but I've always been *really* paranoid. I have noticed dropping it is freaking easy.

....best thing is just sprint from building to building and log out and in to drop zombie aggro

You're kidding' date=' right? You would use an exploit to do something simple enough to do in game, as designed?

I have not noticed any significant change in drawing aggro, but I've always been *really* paranoid. I have noticed dropping it is freaking easy.

[/quote']

Have you been playing with the latest version? The only time I can drop aggro is running into a building with 2 exits.

I found everything I needed pretty easily. It took some time, and I had to be careful, but that was my play style previously.

I have on rare occasions just said eff it and run into a building, grabbed stuff and run out the other side, finding a way to lose the zombies that followed me...

But the game is much more interesting now, without a starting weapon.

I prefer starting with nothing.

I also think that the respawn button should not be there. We should have to play out every life to it's extreme. Also, I think they should bind the 'shock' effect to ALT-F4. It forces you unconscious when you reconnect.

I found everything I needed pretty easily. It took some time' date=' and I had to be careful, but that was my play style previously.

I have on rare occasions just said eff it and run into a building, grabbed stuff and run out the other side, finding a way to lose the zombies that followed me...

But the game is much more interesting now, without a starting weapon.

I prefer starting with nothing.

I also think that the respawn button should not be there. We should have to play out every life to it's extreme. Also, I think they should bind the 'shock' effect to ALT-F4. It forces you unconscious when you reconnect.

[/quote']

I liked the idea of not starting with something as well at first, but the more I think about it I think there should be someway to defend yourself, even if its a really crappy one. It's more realistic. Even if you had no weapons irl you would be able to shove them around.

I used a hatchet for the first time yesterday and I found it pretty balanced. You aren't limited by ammo however being a melee weapon they have to get close before you can take them out, and they'll almost always get a few hits in before they go down. So maybe start everyone with some type of melee weapon?

A crowbar' date=' a hatchet, a spork something so that if we draw aggro we can defend ourselves. It doesn't have to be a good weapon just something. Aggro is so buggy atm it almost impossible to find a gun to defend yourself with before you're < 6k life.

[/quote']

Or to be more specific: Find a good town to loot, sneak around zeds, obtain weapon, continue to be sneaky.

If it works for the rest of us, it can work for you.

THAATS JORDEN *catchy music plays saying jorden over and over*

But seriously....the guy complaining has a point....zombies eye sight should not be good at all they are degrading flesh...their eye sight should be complete shit (as seen when prone) they should follow LOS rules for a distance of 1-5 meters while everything past 10 meters (if your standing they can see you 10 meters away) would rely solely on audible cues. Crouch movement should be more of an option.

Prone should be for moving through the thick of the zombies but right now zombies see you while scouting near a town in crouch mode it is a bit silly.