Darkthunder

Starting with a Czech Vest Pouch?

(re)spawning with a Czech Vest Pouch would give you the feeling that you start with nearly nothing.

It would also put the Czech Vest Pouch in (more) use instead of being left behind in a loot pile because it has 6-slots.

Agree!

I don't get it why do we get a chance to find some backpack that is WAY WORSE than our starting one... I just don't get it.

I could also would like to see spawning WITHOUT any backpack.

I would like to see people spawn without any backpacks and the chance of the pack to spawn inversely correlated to its size.

Alternately, if its size were edited to 8 slots people might exchange it for the camouflage improvement over the brown Coyote and improve its usefulness.

Keep everything as is but make the Czech Vest Pouch the only pack you can use with the Ghillie Suit.

NO. we already start with so little, lacking any way to defend against zombies, and we can only survive one hit from a zombie, because we have just one bandage. not to mention the extremely useful but ridiculously rare morphine, or even painkillers. we already start with so little. i think the mass spawning hatchets are an awesome idea, because it not only DOESNT give new survivors a weapon to go on killing sprees with, it gives them something to actually fight zombies with.

if anything, we should at the VERY LEAST start with a crowbar. it takes 2-3 hits to kill. melee weapon only. if we don't have a backpack, then we should at least start with that.

I approve of not spawning with any backpack.

I guess it depends if rocket writes up an intro.

My guess is you lost ur memory washed up on a beach.

In that case. Yes... why not start with absolutely nothing.

Id say its a more realistic situation.

As for defence against zeds, its really not that hard to avoid them all together.

Your best defence is not to agro them in the first place.

If you agro them then you stuffed up,

weapons against zeds are Basicly mistake fixers.

Weapons are really more for defence against other players.

Im up for spawning with nothing.....and why cant the vest pack be used in comni with a regular pack....isnt that the point of it in the first place?

Hell no. You should at least have a weak melee weapon like the crowbar or something similar like a baseball bat. And you need Bandages, or you're dead when you start bleeding. Flashlight is absolutely necessary on Nighttime Servers, to atleast find some basic gear like road flares or chemlights

Im up for spawning with nothing.....and why cant the vest pack be used in comni with a regular pack....isnt that the point of it in the first place?

This raises a brilliant point' date='

Why can't we use the vest and a backpack at the same time?

The vest as an extension of your pack would go from junk to gold!

An Alice and vest combo would be awesome.

And it makes practical sense.

Perhaps with it equipped pack has a dropdown menu to change access in gear menu.

[hr']

Flashlight is absolutely necessary on Nighttime Servers' date=' to atleast find some basic gear like road flares or chemlights

[/quote']

While I still think you should start with nothing, this does raise a very valid point.

A torch on ur toolbelt... but only if it can detect your at night when u start new.

Otherwise I'd say nothing in the day.

As for bandages, weapon, etc... none of this is necessary if you avoid detection within the first 20-40mins of play.

People need to learn to rely more on their surroundings and movements than be lazy and rely too much on equipment.

While I still think you should start with nothing' date=' this does raise a very valid point.

A torch on ur toolbelt... but only if it can detect your at night when u start new.

Otherwise I'd say nothing in the day.

As for bandages, weapon, etc... none of this is necessary if you avoid detection within the first 20-40mins of play.

People need to learn to rely more on their surroundings and movements than be lazy and rely too much on equipment.

[/quote']

Completely agree, the flashlight should not be on you if you spawn on a day server. Now it's just a piece of useless loot since everyone already has one. As for spawning without a pack....I'm okay with that, but I don't think it's that necessary to implement. Would make more sense to start with a civilian pack than a military patrol pack though.

no backpack/ no problem....i dont know how many hours i played before i realized my inventory and my backpack were two separate things and that my backpack ws actually empty :)