Badazarry

New buildings maybe different maps map editor

:thumbsup: I think that you should add new maps and buildings in to make things more interesting. Buildings built for deference and awesome things like that. another thing would be to have a world editor that you can create your own maps and post them.it would be awesome if you could add this in. maybe in the final game? :thumbsup:  :D 

Edited by Badazarry

You should try using the search function next time. This has been discussed in great lengths.

I highly doubt, (and hope) there won't be new maps added. I also would rather not see new buildings or POIs added, unless they were placed on the initial release.

• Like 1

From my understanding there won't be a Scenario Editor/Map builder (at least not at first) for security/antihack purposes.  The team wants to make more maps, but that's WAY off into the future (we're after the FULL release, not Alpha).

They ARE adding new buildings, they're extending the map size, and community-maps becoming "Officially" supported is planned for the future. Hopefully we'll see Namalsk professionally redone.

• Like 2

They ARE adding new buildings, they're extending the map size, and community-maps becoming "Officially" supported is planned for the future. Hopefully we'll see Namalsk professionally redone.

Me too, I enjoy playing Namalsk and is my favorite mod.

Oh and; I have posted something similar to this: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/121083-possible-new-buildings-serving-more-purposestandalone/#entry1153937

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

And so has 9 million other people. :) I made one for prisons/docks/wrecked ships 4 days before Rocket confirmed prisons and wrecked ships. He hasn't said anything about remade/new docks, so I can't call myself Nostradamus... yet.

And yeah, Namalsk is great. Especially for DaiZy/STALKER SP mod, for when you're feeling nostalgic but you're too lazy to reinstall the game.

So glad to hear that community map support is planned. Iv always hoped for this as there are so many great maps out there, one of my fave ones was Celle :)

As for editor, Yes we should have it....but with some heavy restrictions compared with A2 editor. So as not to turn the SA into what the mod has become, with players devided over many mods of a mod.

• Like 1

I would like sort of underground things.

You can play mods and stuff, but unless you deactivate them all or something you can't join regular hosted Chernarus plus servers, would that keep security up while also allowing a mod community to thrive? Ofcourse these mod servers would be less secure though.

A mod manager could be added.