Confus

Non-enterable Houses

They are planning on 80-90+ % enterable houses for ArmA 3, as is the case for the Operation Arrowhead maps, Takistan and Zargabad.

Until then, I highly doubt they will dedicate dev time and resources to adding enterable buildings to Chernarus. So I like the idea of being able to loot non-enterable buildings so long as you have a hatchet. BUT - I'd like to modify the idea with the suggestion that as well as taking time, it generates noise, that doesn't aggro the Zeds, but makes them come explore, as audio already does.

They are planning on 80-90+ % enterable houses for ArmA 3' date=' as is the case for the Operation Arrowhead maps, Takistan and Zargabad.

Until then, I highly doubt they will dedicate dev time and resources to adding enterable buildings to Chernarus. So I like the idea of being able to loot non-enterable buildings so long as you have a hatchet. BUT - I'd like to modify the idea with the suggestion that as well as taking time, it generates noise, that doesn't aggro the Zeds, but makes them come explore, as audio already does.

[/quote']

I like your idea. That would probably make breaking in more tense but not necessarily a guaranteed aggro.

Non-enterable Houses are Non-enterable

this houses are just empty, they are just textured boxes...

the only option is to wait for Arma 3 where all the houses will be enterable

Non-enterable Houses are Non-enterable

this houses are just empty' date=' they are just textured boxes...

the only option is to wait for Arma 3 where all the houses will be enterable

[/quote']

Or Arma 2 could be updated, which is what Bohemia has done ever since 2009.

EDIT: Or my suggestion could be implemented, which is a workaround that simulates entering and looting a house, but without the actual "entering" part.

Arma 3, just wait. Dayz cannot do anything to fix this. Arma 3 90% of building will be enterable and guess what! Dayz is suppose to be compatiable with Arma 3!

Arma 3' date=' just wait. Dayz cannot do anything to fix this. Arma 3 90% of building will be enterable and guess what! Dayz is suppose to be compatiable with Arma 3!

[/quote']

So you're saying that the DayZ dev team (who obviously are very closely related to Bohemia) can't update the map for one of the most moddable games in recent times, a game that they even made themselves?

And I'm not even suggesting fully enterable buildings, my suggestion is a workaround that simulates looting a house. It seems like you really missed the point of this entire thread.

Or add a "Gear" action at the locked doors, that allows you to see the houses "inventory", resp. 1 loot spawn. Might be empty, might be not.

While I think overcomplicating things shouldnt be done, an update for all the houses in Arma would be the high art, but i dont reckon this will come.

Love the idea, loot count definitely needs to stay the same though. More open buildings = more randomly spawning loot locations = less farming = more exploring.

Instead of loot spawning outside of the front door, I say all garbage bins should be loot able and have a chance to have some food or water inside as well as some other random items.

Funny thing is, if all the houses were accessible you couldn't have loot in all of them, so the complains would be "damm have to search all those houses and most of them are empty".