Sign in to follow this  
bozo97

Annoying Error Please Help!!

so I try run arma 2: OA and it comes up with this stupid message - bin/config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow. the game then crashes and it says - error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0. I have one the whole uninstall, verify solution but it still aint working. how do I fix

That would be annoying!

But I have no Idea what could be causing that This is just lanching normal arma2 OA not dayz right?

...what in the hell? Of all the error messages under the sky, I've never run into that.

• Have you tried googling?
  • Has the game, at any point, run correctly for you?
  • If so, what did you change in your PC/Steam/ArmA between the time it worked and didn't?
  • Is this following a recent beta patch? Does it happen to both ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead and A2OABeta?
  • Does this happen to A2OABeta WITHOUT ArmA 2 running inside it? (So JUST OA, not everything you need for DayZ)
Edited by Applejaxc

yea this happens when I launch OA by itself. I have googled the solution but it didn't work. I was playing it this morning, then went to play before and it popped up. It has happened to me before but I cant remember how I fixed it

Use Steam to validate the integrity of your game installation? I get a 50/50 chance of Steam trying to fix my bin files; I'm 90% kind of sort of sure the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta patches fix the bin... or at least do something to do. More likely just destroy it. 

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

• Like 1

run the game with admin rights if that doesn't work add the following to your command line "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;EXPANSION;ca"

• Like 2

run the game with admin rights if that doesn't work add the following to your command line "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;EXPANSION;ca"

Sneaky, sneaky wizard fingers.

• Like 2

yea im still friends with you on steam and ok I will try that Amber

I did what you said Amber and it worked. Thank you :). if it stops working or does another error I will reply here

• Like 2

I did what you said Amber and it worked. Thank you :). if it stops working or does another error I will reply here

Glad i could help mate 

• Like 1