scaramoosh

Being able to choose where you spawn sucks.

If only life was as simple as that.

Well I'm sure Peter Molyneaux or Sid Meir didn't have these problems ;)

Too many cooks spoil the broth as they say.

lol they also have ppl who get paided meaning a hole different control. We have to compromise with the community even with the devs in the community.

as i said nothing is simple.

I don't know and i give up.

The simplest answer is the community don't know what they wont for every 200 ppl saying they wont we have 200 ppl saying they dont every pole every created has always returned 50/50. So we give options its up the guys paying for the servers to choose how they use the mod.

I was one of the main ppl who didn't wont it in. But yea that's another story altogether and it has nothing to do with Dean or Matt

Yea Razor, but DayZ isn't about giving people what they want but taking it away.

It is about following that vision, of creating a hard and unforgiving game - explicitly for hardcore gamers.

If you move towards the demands of the average player base, the game will become average.

Yea Razor, but DayZ isn't about giving people what they want but taking it away.

It is about following that vision, of creating a hard and unforgiving game - explicitly for hardcore gamers.

If you move towards the demands of the average player base, the game will become average.

Incorrect SA is that vision and SA will continue that vision.

We do what we can within the limits but as i said 7 times now it requires give and take to keep both the community and the devs who spend there time creating for your enjoyment happy.

Lets face it ppl who do stuff for free don't just fall of trees.

• Like 2

Isn't it good to have variety? 

I use DayZ commander and play vanilla DayZ (still a nub) and the servers I play are pretty good.  SOme server give you lots of weapons and packs and survivors item, some give you a little, and some give you none at all.  It all depends on what you want to play and your imagination.  Though I agree I would like to spawn somewhere random, I still click "Chernus" as a spawn location in my main server and I spawn in different places in the coast. 

There are huge reasons to make your way North!!  Just recently I geared up pretty well on the coast around Cherno, Elektro, and a few other smaller coastal cities and headed North to survive for a while.  I didn't have a compass and I got lost so I didn't know how far I made it, but I had a moment where I let my guard down and next thing I knew I was shot!  It was pretty upsetting but rewarding to!  Even in parts that I don't feel have players still could, and I was in the forest.  You head North once you can survive the long walk, then try to survive. 

Are people still working on the DayZ patching process??  Or are the rumors about a standalone DayZ true?  Whats the deal with all that?

Perhaps you could try the poll again but hide the results so it won't be 50/50 :)

Edit: It'd only be visible to yourself and then at the end of the poll, it  could be revealed with the amount of votes :)

Edited by TIC321

lol they also have ppl who get paided meaning a hole different control. We have to compromise with the community even with the devs in the community.

as i said nothing is simple.

Pay them with love? ;)

I've always thought that military loot should be extremely rare, i.e. m16's, ak47's

More common weapons should be like beretta's, hunting rifles, hunting shotguns, g17, all those.

It's like removing a death penalty, now I can spawn where I want and get back to where I died in 10 mins. At least before it was random so there was a chance you'd get heavily penalised if you spawned somewhere so far away. Now I just don't feel any tension in a fight, I don't care about gear as it is so easy to get it because zombie A.I is broken and I'm not afraid of them like I was when I first started, now I know they're not a threat. 

I just find the game boring, it's not harsh any more...

When I die I want to feel loss like I felt when playing EVE Online and losing my first battleship I saved up months for back in 2003. That is what makes your heart pump and I used to feel it in Dayz and I don't because I realised the zombies are broken and stuff like choosing where you spawn has has dumbed it down a bit. 

It's the same reason why I hate custom servers, you can get loot at the drop of a hat, if loot isn't rare then it isn't fun. If everyone is running around with military gear and all have cars in SA, then straight away it's shit. I want to spend months finding something like I used to in Dayz so when I lose it I'm gutted. 

I've still never found nvgs in game, but I don't see any value in them either as every servers seems to be day time all the time. It's another dumbing down thing that servers never used to do but they all do it now. I miss night time :\ 

I'm a little lost.. Is this about Day Z Standalone.. or is this still about the mod?

Servers can disable the Spawn selection function.

But DayZ is kinda a lot easier than it once was. If you want it to be go check out DayZ 2017. It's my favourite mod

I've always thought that military loot should be extremely rare, i.e. m16's, ak47's

More common weapons should be like beretta's, hunting rifles, hunting shotguns, g17, all those.

I concur. However, I would still like a dumb fire rocket launcher, at the very least, to be added to military spawns. All of this zombie apocalypse and the military in Chernarus doesn't have anything to quickly disable a vehicle with potential infected persons in it?

Yes, I know the M136 was removed because of the impracticality of the weapon. But hell, if you play in a comprehensive squad and you know you might run into a heavily-armored vehicle, it'd be great to use an RPG7 or RPG18. Not every great weapon is useful in every circumstance. If that were the case, everyone would be using an AS50 indoors to smoke bandits trying to get in their face.

Back on topic...

Selective spawning is a double-edged sword. I personally had a run in with it when a bandit smoked my three friends and I returned fire and killed him. I spent about 8 minutes gathering gear and stuffing it in a car before, sure enough, he spawned at Elektro, ran back to me, and started harrassing me with a Lee Enfield.

The pros of selective spawning is that, if you know the map fairly well, you know where to spawn to get some supplies before your trek north away from the coast. Also, it allows easy grouping up with friends or other survivors you've met outside of DayZ (such as on these forums). We all know that another pair of hands next to you is the arguably best tool in DayZ, especially with bloodbags.

The cons, however, outweigh the pros in my opinion. Many players use selective spawning as a stunted "get out of death free" card, so to speak. As a few players have posted, it's very easy to spawn in a town and know exactly where to go to return to your body. In my experience with it, stated above, it usually leads to players who have killed another player fair and square being killed while looting because the victim returns post-haste. It is also quite confusing for new players to understand where they are spawning without prior knowledge of the towns/names of the towns (thankfully, I am friends with a Ukrainian, so he can always translate what town I am spawning in/enter on foot :D )

Honestly, I can give a damn about the selective spawning system because, as pointed out, it's controlled by the server admin. If you don't like it, ask the admin to disable it. S/he says no, then find a different server. There's about two dozen mods and thousands of servers to play on. If it's made the norm in DayZ Standalone, I will be upset, yes. It will just further exacerbate the coast wars of Chernogorsk and Elektro.

tl;dr: Some people like selective spawning, some don't. Ask admins to do something about it if you don't like the server's usage of selective spawning.

Edited by JohnTheCynic