Sign in to follow this  
Blaster271

HELP! mouse and keyboard freeze, computer still works

Guys, i really need help on this, recently i have bought my computer which should be this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-desktop-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/6957737.p?id=1218817157052&skuId=6957737#tab=overview (there should be some of the stats) and my mouse has been freezing alot, it turns on and off (does it a whole lot faster and more when i play games such as dayz skyrim tf2 cs s) once my mouse freezes enough times, my keyboard locks up, it wont type anything it wont do anything, i tried blowing out the dust from my computer and from the usb ports, but it still does it. i had suggestions about a virus that affects the mouse and keyboard, my gpu is under powered (nivida gtx 630) my computer still works when both the mouse and the keyboard freezes, it makes sounds and i see everyone else running around shooting each other with a face full of lead, it gets frustrating, i cant play any of the games i paid for anymore, if you know what has happened please tell me step by step how to fix it, i'm not that smart with computers. it took me 4 times to type this thread in because my keyboard keeps freezing!!!!!  >:( 

Might be an issue with the motherboard or dust got into the USB plug.

Edited by Hosty

Is it a wireless mouse/keyboard?

Try different USB ports and see what happens. If it's a recent purchase, just take it back and exchangeit.

i did try all of my usb ports, the computer is only 200+ days old, it hasn't even reached 300, it is a usb mouse and keyboard

The phrase, "You get what you pay for." comes to mind when dealing with Best Buy. Are you using the mouse/keyboard that came with the machine? If so have you tried using a different mouse and/or keyboard? Have you updated the drivers for the mouse or keyboard?