Sign in to follow this  
Tmerc44

First DayZ experience

After an hour of frustration tryig to figure out how to run the game and the best play style for me, I finally found myself in a decent server. It was vanilla DayZ realism starting with nothing but a bandage And flares somewhere on the coast.

I awake in a daze, knowing the world I just entered was a violent and unforgiving one I quickly ran into the forest. I scanned my surroundings, not quite clear where north and south was I took a glance up at the sun. I didn't have a watch but judging from the sun placement it must have been noon. Ok so I'll head north along the tree line but with the coast still in few.

My first abandoned town was quite big, i carefully navigated around the undead and found a few supplies that could help me last. My next goal was getting refreshments. I left the small town back into the forest and repeated this with every pair of houses and small town I saw. So far so good.

After an hour or so I peaked into my pockets, I had 2 soda, some canned foods, bullets for numerous weapons, a bandage, painkillers, and a few other useless items. (Btw I was already having a blast with the survival feel this game creates). I kept walking, this time a little farther from the coast but with a relative idea of where I was. Suddenly in the horizon I spotted something new, hangers! I was overjoyed, perhaps I could find more items that would solidify my survival in these parts! I scanned the area with my naked eyes and saw only undead. Great! I made my way past the poor chaps who died defending against the hordes and the ones who came back. There was a radio tower that I had made my new short goal. I crawled closely to it, thinking of the loot I could grab when something whizzed by me and hit the ground next to me... I froze... Another hit by my hand, "omg" I thought, I was being shot at for the first time! I got up and ran toward tower and jumped into the door. I closed it behind me hoping i didn't attract any undead. However my attacker most likely saw where I was. I searched the area for anything I could grab, a backpack...great!!! Some soda? Amazing! A map!!! Even better.....a compass? YES!! Now I could navigate around this hell, but my attAcker... What of my attacker!?

I went to the top of the tower to poke my head out, I did this for only a moment, I was to frightened. I went back downstairs with plans to burst through the door and hightail it out of there. Walking carefully down the stairs I heard a lone shot, very close, then some movement upstairs, then nothing.. What the hell happened??? I went back upstairs slowly as possible an peaked. Then I saw something I had never see in my life.. A man laying in a pool of blood with a gunshot wound to the head. I adjusted myself for a moment then realized he probably won't need anything he has anymore. I grabbed his pack and lee enfield with a few bullets. I checked his pack and a full water bottle caught my eye, I had worked up a thirst since I arrived at this seemingly military base. I sat at the bottom entrance of the watchtower while still keeping an eye on the stairs and door, my enfield pointed at the door for whoever was shooting at us in the tower... Will he come?

• Like 4

Wow my first time was walking up the coast getting shot by a bandit then bleeding out.

IT was awsome.

Alright, here's my first survival experience in DayZ. It might be long, but in my opinion worth the read.

I got into this random server just excited that I bought the game. Apparently it was a german server so I jumped up on team speak and before you know it, I was in a team with 4-5 other guys. We all got into one car, well, most of us, anyways. We just picked up gear and whatnot and our main job was ramming cows on the street and yelling in team speak, also in German, there's a cow, HIT IT!

Best experience in a game I ever had.

• Like 1

Wall. Of . Fucking. Text.

Pretty nice story :)

Enjoy the feeling you get the first few times you play. It will all go away as you get more experienced.

Got on, ran around not knowing where anything was.. Died of zombies a couple times, considering I came out of WarZ.. DayZ zombies compared to WarZ are like World War Z zombies.. O.O

Pretty nice story :)

Enjoy the feeling you get the first few times you play. It will all go away as you get more experienced.

This makes me sadder than you know, I miss the first time I played, it felt so awesome finally being able to play the game I've heard so much about, gathering loot up and down the coast. Putting together a clan renewed that feeling, we acted like the police on the server we played on! Then one day I got on, and sure it was still fun, but it didn't give me that feeling of, "What new and awesome thing will I do today, will I kill some bandits, some a couple of survivors, or finally fix up that helicopter at the airfield?!" I had played it so much, that it eventually stopped bringing me back to it. Yeah, I still play it, but not as much as those first few months.

This is why I can't wait for standalone to come out, I hope it'll renew the sense of adventure inside me.

A couple things guys....

How the hell do i type in chat globally?? My "/" button doesnt work, it is only a group chat..

I have a mic, when exactly can i use it and how?  Say i see a guy and want to stick him up, how does it work??

You have to switch channels, although some channels are banned from certain servers like Side Chat(In your words, global chat)

Usually, well at least for me, pressing "," or "." switches the channel.

Well, not first experience, I died by zombies a few times trying to get the hang of the time. But my first actual kill was on a Bandit on top of the hills of Elektro overlooking the powerplant firestation.

Good enough for me.

A couple things guys....

How the hell do i type in chat globally?? My "/" button doesnt work, it is only a group chat..

I have a mic, when exactly can i use it and how?  Say i see a guy and want to stick him up, how does it work??

As Ratsmon said its "," or ""." to change channels.

Use Caps Lock to talk, Most servers only allow you to use your mic in the direct channel, which just broadcasts 100m around and the vehicle channel,