Sign in to follow this  
xJellyBeans

Way too many problems with startup. Help needed!

I've followed about 10 different install tutorials on installing the mod all get the same outcome. Although Some has improved over the last but still results in the one message "Connecting Failed" when trying the join the server. I've used Dayz Commander, Steam DayZ, play withsix. I've install/re-installed this countless times still getting the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by xJellyBeans

Step 1: Download ArmA 2, Operation Arrowhead and Operation Arrowhead beta.

Step 2: Run Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead at least once.

Step 3: Download DayZ Commander

Step 4: In the top right corner of DayZ Commander press "Install/Update".

Step 5: Install the latest DayZ and ArmA 2 patches.

I really hope this helps :)

• Like 1

Also make sure you've run ArmA II and Operation Arrowhead at least once prior to launching DayZ.

Step 1: Download ArmA 2, Operation Arrowhead and Operation Arrowhead beta.

Step 2: Run Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead at least once.

Step 3: Download DayZ Commander

Step 4: In the top right corner of DayZ Commander press "Install/Update".

Step 5: Install the latest DayZ and ArmA 2 patches.

I really hope this helps :)

A i have already tried this multiple times im going to try again because i dont fancy like wasting 25 pound for nothing! So ill just un-install everything and follow your steps again. Wish me luck!

One last question. Would you recommend me downloading the British armed forces and private military company too?

Edited by xJellyBeans

Can you join normal arma 2 missions or is it just when trying to play dayz?

If you're sure everything is installed correctly maybe its an issue with your firewall or router, try restarting your router and as a test disable your firewall.

Also one common mistake is that you need to make sure you run arma 2 and arma 2 oa before you install the arma beta patch.

• Like 1

Can you join normal arma 2 missions or is it just when trying to play dayz?

If you're sure everything is installed correctly maybe its an issue with your firewall or router, try restarting your router and as a test disable your firewall.

Also one common mistake is that you need to make sure you run arma 2 and arma 2 oa before you install the arma beta patch.

I only tested join dayz servers sorry :/

I only tested join dayz servers sorry :/

Ok, to test, run arma 2 oa, go to expansions and make sure dayz is disabled and beta is enabled, then back at the main menu select mutilplayer check that Address: is set to internet and that theres nothing in the filter box and you should see a list of arma missions.just try a few to see if you can join ok.

Also regarding the BAF and PMC dlc, you dont need them to play the game so just leave them for now, all they add to dayz is extra HD textures.

Edited by Fluxley

Ok, to test, run arma 2 oa, go to expansions and make sure dayz is disabled and beta is enabled, then back at the main menu select mutilplayer check that Address: is set to internet and that theres nothing in the filter box and you should see a list of arma missions.just try a few to see if you can join ok.

Also regarding the BAF and PMC dlc, you dont need them to play the game so just leave them for now, all they add to dayz is extra HD textures.

http://gyazo.com/a111f99bfff00ee795a7fcd687d56f3a

http://gyazo.com/c490f40d53e26561e1e73bcfd68edcb0

This comes up when trying to run.

Edited by xJellyBeans