booyah

New Guy

So here is what's going on. I've been stalking these forums for a long, long time. Since 2012, and the only reason I have not played this game is because my laptop is a macbook....

Just bought a desktop today JUST to play Day Z, was waiting for standalone but I figured i could get a jumpstart and practice with the MOD.

• Like 4

I'm just glad you got a real computer..

Macs are for sissies and people who are obviously richer than me :p

• Like 1

Welcome fellow survivor

Just don't give up at first, you'll get better  :D

Macs are for losers (and by "losers" I mean rich people that make me feel like a loser)

Anyway: Welcome Booyah, and may all roads lead you to warm sands... or some Catfolk bull**** like that.

• Like 1

So here is what's going on. I've been stalking these forums for a long, long time. Since 2012, and the only reason I have not played this game is because my laptop is a macbook....

Just bought a desktop today JUST to play Day Z, was waiting for standalone but I figured i could get a jumpstart and practice with the MOD.

Welcome when I first came here I bitched about not having a laptop that could run dayz.

Now I do! and am a much better member of the form (Right?) for it!

welcome to the island enjoy your stay!

-snip-

*Sniff* I still don't have a "good" laptop... (so I just sit in a tree with a sniper rifle where lag doesn't matter. Yay for bandit camping!)

Congrats on the purchase.  There's a ton of useful info on these forums to help you, but the best piece of advice is to go through some of the ARMA boot camp and familiarize yourself with the mechanics... only take a few minutes and will help a hell of a lot.

If you have any questions or are looking for people to play with, you know where to find us!

Edited by TheLastEmp

Thanks for the welcome everyone. What server should I play on, and would anyone be interested in teaming with me?

Welcome to the forums fellow friend! 

Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Btw, you should try Vanilla servers first. And make a topic in the Recruitment forum to see if people will play!  :D  :thumbsup:

Edited by Zedertone

Thanks for the welcome everyone. What server should I play on, and would anyone be interested in teaming with me?

I recommend public vanilla hive.  TMW has two such servers, EU2419 and US 1503.  As far as playing with people, feel free to hang out on our teamspeak ts.tmwdayz.com and find people there.

Greetings, young platypus.

Watch your step, and stay away from Diddums.