Sign in to follow this  
JayMeHD

Where are the vehicles?

Before I start this isn't a "somebody please link me or show me where vehicle spawns are" type of post, I have a brain I can Google maps quickly.

The question is, after over 75 hours in-game I have yet to see a vehicle. I've not seen one spawned randomly, I haven't seen anybody driving them, I haven't found them hidden anywhere, what's wrong?

I tend to do a fair amount of server hopping, laggy servers, timezone issues etc. so it's not as if I've been on one server that happens to have bugged vehicles.

Are there specific servers that have vehicles enabled/disabled?

Do the admins have power over whether vehicles spawn at all?

Do some servers bug out and cannot have vehicles?

Also, I have looked, believe me I've looked!

So could anybody explain how the vehicle system works for servers and clients?

EDIT: I just found two ATV's at the mountain between elektro and cherno!

THE WAIT IS OVER!

Build one.

Do you mean repair broken ones? I haven't seen a repairable vehicle either.

I found a peddle bike once and another time a jeep on the side of the road with a ton of ammo in it. I couldn't get in and drive it although it looked like like it was in perfect condition. My only options were to rearm, search or get in the back.

Here you go :P

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles

I've owned multiple tractors' date=' bycicles, UAZ's, buses... Just gotta know where to look

[/quote']

I've used about 4 different maps and cannot find where the vehicles are. I've checked in over 10 places (out of the way places, vehicles in town just get taken instantly) and never found one.

Guess I will have to just keep looking.

I found a working bus yesterday which I promptly brought up to top speed and crashed into a barrier. Few minutes later found 2 crashed heli's full of amazing stuff. Few minutes later 2 shotted by a single glitched zombie. Such is life.

I found a bicycle on my first day of play. I saw an Ural, saw a bus, drove a blue van.

OOqXz.gif

Fuck you all with your fucking vehicles I hope you all crash and burn.

I have found three vehicles total while playing so far. One was in a fairly obvious point parked under a car port next to a house. The other two where completely random out in the middle of the woods with no structures anywhere near them. Of the three I found, only one was in perfect condition and ready to drive the moment I found it. It was a little white pick up truck. For an added bonus, inside the gear for the truck, there was a Coyote pack. They are out there.

We are one of the lucky ones on our server who have a chopper. I have unlimited fun flying around writing down coordinates of vehicles as I fly along using the radar.

Then, I throw all my stuff in the chopper and get dropped off. Pick up all the vehicles in the area (with a buddy of mine) drive them to places like Electro etc and leave them with gear and gas.

Cracks me up every time. This game has a really vicious learning curve, from the beginning of the game lifes hard. Then when you've got SD M4 and NVG's the game turns into a 'really fricken easy' festive zombie slaughter.

So I guess the least we can do is make it fun for others. (btw all vehicles are thieved from hidden areas and tree lines, then filled with loot from the local tents that are near them before driven to electro / cherno and dumped for new players to pick up)

I guess its just one of those fun things we can do when we're bored. A lot of the guys are actually taking up suicide just to chase down new players with an axe. HILARIOUS to watch 4-5 torches running past and some guy screaming with an axe running them down.

I just found two ATV's at the mountain between elektro and cherno!

THE WAIT IS OVER!