Mrjackyoung

Returning to dayz but were is it ?

Recently I thought I'd return to dayz so I reinstalled arma downloaded six installed dayz mod. And now I can't find any normal severs ? I just to play normal dayz in normal cherno but it seemed like all the old servers has gone ? Either this or six is being stupid ?. What's the best way to go about playing dayz now ie dayz commander,six ect? .also there is so many different versions of dayz now what is the difference and what's the best ?

I'd go with Commander.  There's still vanilla servers out there (mostly the public hives and a couple private hives).  I've not played any of the submods but Epoch seams to be the most popular currently.

Epoch what dose it offer over the original ? I need to get back into dayz as the holidays are coming up and I'm going to have a ton of spare time on my hands

Epoch what dose it offer over the original ? I need to get back into dayz as the holidays are coming up and I'm going to have a ton of spare time on my hands

Epoch is original DayZ but there is currency and you can build bases, aswell as trade. 

Here: ClickMe

Sounds good ! Do you have to be white listed to play ?

Nope. Maybe on some servers.

I'd stick with using Playwithsix (Commander sucks).

Anyway, what do you mean "The normal servers are gone" ? As in you can only find the stupid-as-hell Epoch/Origins/Overwatch/BreakingPoint/9millionothermodsthatneedtogoaway? Or do you mean you can't find a single DayZ server at all?

I can't quite figure out why you believe Commander sucks...  I've never used WithSix, but commander is so damn easy to use I can't really imagine anything working better....

• Like 1

Maybe he means all the 5million vehicle+++ bs you see even if you filter out unoffical servers.  I hate that .  During my online time it is nearly impossible to find a true vannila server with anyone on it.

I don't know were it is. I may know where it us, but i'm not sure.

US 3480, vanilla public hive usually has plenty of players.

• Like 1

US 3480, vanilla public hive usually has plenty of players.

Cheers, Flux.  As always, appreciate the nod of approval.