Sign in to follow this  
AntohA (DayZ)

Dayz Crashes on win8?

so, i have been playin  dayz since it came out pretty much and it was fine, i recently installed win 8 pro and thats where the problems began, i cannot seem to play on any server, the game just constantly crashes during loadings...

i did manage to play once or twice but then the crashes came back.

i tried verifieng the arma 2 /OA files threw steam and "reinstalling" battleeye, nothin seem to help.

im tryin to paly on DayZ Epoch Panthera server.

Thnx in advance!

• Like 1

play normal arma 2 and see if that works.

Yeah I'm having this issue specifically it is BattleEyeClient Kicked for BattleEye Client No Response, or something along those lines.

Did you install win8 fresh, as in you formatted your hard drive or did you downgrade from a previously better OS?

fresh, formatted disc my systen petition beforehand, ran a steam "Fix" on both arma 2 and OA, launched them both in the same order, nothing, it just gets to ~60% loading and crashes.

Most of my problems with Win8 have stemmed from application restrictions that were not present (or they actually worked) in Win 7.

In order to solve these, you need to give administrative privileges to certain programs or they just won't run properly.

Find the folder of the program...In this case something like Steam/steamapps/common/ Arma2OA or DayZ if you are playing the standalone. Right click the exe, select properties and set it to 'run as administrator'.

If there is an exe for battleeye as well, that might be worth setting up too.

No guarantee that this will work, but it has solved a few issues with Win8 and programs not working, for me.

I'm done with Win8 though. Going back to Win7 this weekend. 8 is just not worth the hassle.

*EDIT* To add...Search for 'SmartScreen filter' and disable that crap, as that has a habit of randomly stopping legitimate programs from loading at all.

Also, disable UAC because it is also useless crap...and disable Windows firewall too and get

TinyWall or Comodo free firewall instead as they are much better (I use Comodo, but be careful about Comodo installing a bunch of other bundled software. Nothing dodgy, just not useful).

Edited by soapmak3r