rooniedoo

Why are people complaining that SA is not coming out soon?

Because a bunch of impatient joykills want to derail the hype train and make us unhappy.

Six weeks is the end of the year. He says it has to be out before the end of the year at some press convention.

So yes standalone will come out  in six weeks or earlier.

That video was from 2012. a lot has changed since then.

• Like 1

Well, we did think it would come out around this time last year.  When I first heard about DayZ, it was around a time when people were like "should I buy ArmA II or just wait for the standalone?"

In all fairness, while Rocket hasn't actually set a release date, he has created a bit of a "we're just one more bug fix away from Alpha" vibe about the whole thing.

But really the reason people are complaining is that they like the DayZ mod and are really excited to play the new SA version.  Even if the SA is just the Mod with custom clothes, more enterable buildings, better zombies and some of the other stuff seen in the SA videos, that would still be pretty cool.

Although, seeing the recent 1 1/2 hour video, it does seem like there is still a lot of work to be done.  Mostly in a lot of little details.  But those details add up and make for the overall game experience. 

Well, we did think it would come out around this time last year.  When I first heard about DayZ, it was around a time when people were like "should I buy ArmA II or just wait for the standalone?"

In all fairness, while Rocket hasn't actually set a release date, he has created a bit of a "we're just one more bug fix away from Alpha" vibe about the whole thing.

But really the reason people are complaining is that they like the DayZ mod and are really excited to play the new SA version.  Even if the SA is just the Mod with custom clothes, more enterable buildings, better zombies and some of the other stuff seen in the SA videos, that would still be pretty cool.

Although, seeing the recent 1 1/2 hour video, it does seem like there is still a lot of work to be done.  Mostly in a lot of little details.  But those details add up and make for the overall game experience. 

I think that's part of the problem too, SA is constantly being talked about as nearly finished and about to be released only to see an update or vid showing that not only is it not close, but IMO (and it wont be a popular one here) it looks and sounds rather unimpressive considering the length of time that has passed since it was first announced.

When I watched Rocket stream the SA the other day my jaw dropped.... cause I thought this is where they were a year ago.

Look the simple fact is...... If dean released a shitty poorly optemized game with zombies what glitches through walls making you bleed out and zombies aren't a freat to your saftey. Who would enjoy it really?? Think about it we have the mod and people aren't happy with something's in it but it has improved in some areas, the standalone is a standalone from dayz as it is today, this is a new game built from the core engine up, reworked and more detailed environment. My fear is only that people's lack of understanding in to how much work has been done in so little time with the size of the team they have, people will play the alpha and say o this is shit it has bugs, no cars can't find weapons and zombies are to hard now. If we as dayz fans want a hardcore zombie survival just clam your farm don't read what goggle is saying its all people who make up what they want to hear and make young people who believe what they see or read without their own research to back it up, dayz will be release when dean puts it up on steam he won't tell us because he is worried people won't enjoy the game because they will think its broken when its not even a full release game. Their is still over 12months of work to go before its a full release game.

Dean said that it's coming out at least in 6 weeks or earlier ((End of the year)) and that isn't really that long of a wait.  

When did he say this?

I would rather that it took 3 years and was KICKASS. Than it take 3 weeks and it being horrible and glitchy. Don't know if you all, agree.