Sign in to follow this  
chickychickson

super stupid arma n00b question - how to chat?

i am new to arma game and dayz mod, so thats why this question will be very stupid for the most of you.

i actually ran into a player that wanted to help me and while i was near to cry tears of happyness i recognized i couldn't chat with him. when i hit the chat key there is a global chat window but he didnt react to what i said. he asked me a few things but obviously my group chat was not readable for him. we parted our ways since i didnt want to kill him with my noobishness.

please help me... how can i chat with players standing next to me?

saludos

You can change the chat channels with the keys besides the chat key. In ES keyboards those keys are "," ".".

The pity is that the side chat (you can talk to everyone there) has been removed on the last DayZ updates and it is only working in some servers.

The problem is that the other chats (direct) doesn't work properly so it's pretty hard to chat to anybody in a server with side chat disabled.

yay, i switch to direct chat now, i hope this will work if i will ever meet another friendly survivor ^^

thanks a lot!

The problem is that the other chats (direct) doesn't work properly so it's pretty hard to chat to anybody in a server with side chat disabled.

Who told you this bullshit?

When the beta patch has been officially introduced to the DayZ, direct chat works 100% of the time.

Again - direct chat ,as of the beta patch, works without any problems, all the time.

Anyone stating otherwise is in a big mistake.

direct chat works 100%, but people never use it.

If someone is talking to you on the direct chat, you are almost dead lol.

Who told you this bullshit?

When the beta patch has been officially introduced to the DayZ' date=' direct chat works 100% of the time.

Again - direct chat ,as of the beta patch, works without any problems, all the time.

Anyone stating otherwise is in a big mistake.

[/quote']

Didn't know that. I've talked to two different people and none seemed to be able to read me. But thanks.

direct chat works 100%' date=' but people never use it.

[/quote']

I feel bad for you, anywhere you play.

I have a car, I already met 2 survivors on gas station and in the big warehouse. All of them were cooperative after 1 minute talking to them from behind the wall, pretty cool guys. None of them were greedy enough to try to kill me (despite my high-end equipment) nor they tried to steal my car.

I just offered them some supplies and talked for a while.

Either I have good luck, or you bad luck.

direct chat works 100%' date=' but people never use it.

[/quote']

Yes, that is 100% Right. The direct chat is unnecessary.