caterpillar38

"The forgotten dogs"[Radio+Notice board were editted.]

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theforgottendogs

:idea: [We currently have (29/30) members. There'll be more slots when we'll have our own server.]

~Somewhere around Chernarus~

9sdsae.jpg

"... a small group of brave and loyal men.. we're very well supplied with food, drinks, weapons and medical supplies. We're always looking for more survivors that need help or can help others. We'll be passing by the shore today, so if you're interested leave a note at the lighthouse and we'll b*The speakers suddenly go off*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so that was some realistic intro right there.

Now, I would like to intreduce you "The forgotten dogs" crew, a crew of several men and women that work togher in order to survive as much as possible without lossing humanity and sanity.

In order to join us, you must have the following attributes: You need to speak English pretty well, you MUST have a microphone so we could communicate via voice direct channel, this is a RPG group of players that are kinda "forced" to keep it real- which means: You must Role Play your character, and you must talk and act/reaact as you were him.

This is made for a couple of reasons, such as: A more exciting in game experience, adding some spice to the DayZ atmosphere, and most importantly is that people will follow their ethics and will not murder for no realistic reason.

Although we're pretty strict about RPing most of the time.You'll always be able to discuss off-game or out-of-character stuff from time to time if you wish, but belive me- you'll love the RP thing.

So if you would like to join, just post your Steam/Skype here and I'll get to you.

Also if there're any questions- go for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

~ ~ ~

Q&A section:

~ ~ ~

Q: Do you play on veteran servers (disabled 3rd person/crosshairs/nameplates)?

A: Yes we do, we usually enter 3rd off and ch off servers. (We'll be also hosting one at the end of July.)

Q:is this a primarily EU or NA group?

A: ATM most of our members are playing around the EU time zone although we're looking for players from all the timezones inorder to keep the group rolling 24/7 or atleast the majority of the day.

Q: Do you guys have a home server?

A: We're going to host our own server at the end of Julay probably.

Q:Im shit at RP can I still join?

A: Sure, you'll get used to it very fast. (If you obey the rules of the group of course.)

(Post more questions and there'll be more answers.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The structure of the crew. (Its not complete at the moment).

The "elder"; The so-called elder is the head of the group, he makes the decisions and noone is above him. In-case the "elder" dies there will be another man or woman that will be chosen by democratic votes. If the elder is still alive, he'll never be removed from his title UNLESS he decides that he can't handle the job and HE choses his hier, or he can call up a vote for the next elder.

(Side facts, - * If the elder is assasinated by a member of the crew he'll be executed, [The tradition is chopping his head off with a hatchet if possible] or killed on sight.

* Everyone must obey the elders rules and commands, without asking any questions. [Those who disagree with the elder can form a friendly protest against him if the advisor agrees with it.]

*The elder must be well protected, he's the source of moral and many other things- his most loyal men the advisor and the commanders will protect him with their lifes. Thats based on the RP concept.

*Recives a radio deviece.)

The advisor. The "advisor" is the one who gives advises to the elder, members that are not the "Elder" and the "Commanders" should obey his words.

The Advisor is the closest man to the "Elder" and they both decide what to do.

(Side facts- *The advisor becomes the head of the group once the "Elder" is not awake or out of Chernarus.

*The advisor doesn't automaticly becomes the "Elder" when the "Elder" dies.

*Once the advisor dies, the Elder chooses a new advisor.

*The murderer of the advisor should be also executed or killed on sight.

*Once the advisor dies he can immediatly come back with the same name and character as a made man.

*Also recives a radio device.)

The Commanders:The commanders are those who been working a lot for the elder and they showed their loyality, bravery and responssebilety to the Elder and the advisor.

They are usually chosen by both the advisor and the Elder.

Those men/women are making sure everything is in place and everyone does what they need to do. When the Elder gives a command to a make a raid on a certain place or anything like that the commanders should collect their own small crew (That contains the regular members of the group) and complete the mission. They will choose their own tactics and methoods to finish the "elder's" mission.

(Side facts- * The commanders are in charge for all the regular members, they own a huge ressposebility and they should be obeyed all the time.

*The elder and the advisor choose the man/woman who fits this rank.

*The murderer of the commander should be also executed or killed on sight.

*Once the commander dies he can immediatly come back with the same name and character as a made man.

*The commander also recieves a radio device.)

The "made men": The made men are those who have done a lot for the group and they are honored by all the group, made men use as the Elder's and Advisor's bodyguards.

The made men are trusted and loyal. Made men have a much higher chance to become a commander/leader/advisor than regular members.

(Side facts-* Once a made man dies he can immediatly come back as a Soldier.)

Soldiers: Soldiers are the most common men of the group, they showed the Elder what they worth.

Those men are usually been given with basic weapons and ammo, they hunt for food, scavenge in small crews and most of the time they protect their leaders and join raids and missions.

"Fresh meat" : Those guys are new in the group, they're given with some food and water. Mainly they help small crews in scavenging or sometimes they gain the permission to join a raid. They help in dirty jobs such as helping at building a camp, cooking food and entertaining the group (By all the meanings).

These men's attributes are yet to be discovered, and noone trusts them much.

(Side facts-*Noone should hurt the new guys, sexually/mentaly or physicly unless the new commer must be punished for some reason.

*New commers, MOST of the time are not allowed to walk with guns inside the camp or even during scavenging .)

Communication.(This section is not complete yet.)

okc4y.jpg

The "forgotten dogs" group took the communication system to a new level.

Since this is a realistic group based on Role Play, players are forced to maintain the realisem.

How do we do that? Normal members (under the commander rank) are forced to use direct channel and the message board[Will be added soon], while the commanders, the advisor and the elder use a radio communication system. It works simply, every commander/advisor/elder enters our TS3 room, and sets his voice chat on a hotkey(push to talk system) and this way they can communicate with each other.

Why can't you just allow all the members to use "radios"?

Basicly because in real life you wouldn't find 30 radios that interact on huge distances and you actually won't need to have one because:

Every commander [There're around 4-6 commanders] recieves a radio and a small group of 4-6 men. The Elder calls a raid/meeting and the commander grabs his men and preforms the mission, he could communicate with other commanders too if he needs backup or anything elese.

But then again, this is a democratic group which means that anyone can vote against it if he wills to. {If the majority of the votes will be against the idea it'll be removed.}

14toqgx.jpg

The way it works;[ Section is still under working.]

The message board is a steam group in which members leave realistic notes by simply commenting on the group's page.

Why is this featured?

I decieded to add it because not everyone has a radio, and in order to know where everyone are I "placed" a notice board inside our camp so everyone can leave a note before the go looting somewhere or if they leave the group or anything elese that they want the other members to know.

Message board group;

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tfdnb

{Currently invites only group, PM me if I forgot to invite you.}

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Group info;

The group starts once at least 10 players are attending the "First day" event.

The maximum players allowed in the group is currently 30.

A new group was created on steam, "The forgotten dogs"[OOC]. Join it to stay tuned, (PM/Post your steam in the theard please.)

My steam: CaterpillaR

Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theforgottendogs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MEDIA & EVENTS;[ Upcomming events will be posted here, pics/vids of our gameplay would also be posted here.]

Event #1 ~"The first day"~

Intro;It was a dark night, a small crew arrived to cap golova. They slowly walk up the hill towards the lighthouse. One of the men holstered his sidearm as he grabbed a road flare out of his left jeans pocket. He made a step towards the lighthouse and lighted up the flare, he moved it around the lighthouse's wall. You could see different notes roughly scratched on the wall. The man went up the lighthouse, he attached the flare to the window of the lighthouse using a simple duck tape.

Moments after that, individuals started walking down the forest. You could see the flashlights sparkling through the woods as they slowly came closer to the lighthouse.

The man who appeared to be the leader of the crew went down the lighthouse and welcomed the individuals he ordered his men to supply food and water to the individuals. The men took of their bags and grabbed some canes and gently handed them to the individuals.

The leader of the crew took out a small piece of paper covered with blood and passed it around all the men.

bijaer.jpg

[The rest of the story depends on what happens in-game.]

Event info; The event will take part tommorow [sunday], the exact time is given in our steam group. The server is also been given privately to avoid unnecessary deathmatch.

Vids/pics will be showen here after the event is done.

If you have any questions please PM me on steam/forum.

:exclamation: {The "first day" event is moved to the 27th of June, because only 6 players attended to it and it didn't worked out quite well P;

Although it was nice to meet you guys, was pretty hilarious at the end.}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

. ws7cpy.jpg

[Post edited on 25th of June 2012.]

Also please remember to post your STEAM here please, I'm having hard time with the PM section it doesn't work well for me.

Im shit at RP but if your crew wish's to help a lost and broken Soul then that would be a mighty fine thing to do!

Same question I ask other groups: do you play on veteran servers (disabled 3rd person/crosshairs/nameplates)?

Also, is this a primarily EU or NA group?

I'd like to join in some time.

I started playing yesterday, so I'm obviously no pro, but I think I'm decent.

My english isn't perfect, but good enough. And I like playing the game as "realistic" as possible, like in RP.

I'm Hantypen on steam.

You just posted in my other thread.

Steam: Squirtle

I'll share my skype if you guys let me in. Thanks!

Steam: Skaterkidd92

I have been looking for a band of survivalist for a while. Do you guys have a home server?

Sorry I couldn't answer your questions yet, I just have my last test tomorrow before the holiday ( It starts at 23 June in my country) so I didn't have any time for that.

I'll post the answers on the theard, some kind of a Q&A section...

I'll add you all tomorrow.

sounds intresting indeed.

my steam is sinsprophecy. if you could add me that would be great. i would like to ask a few questions

Sounds interesting enough. I think i'll bite :) (also, first post)

steam ID: opuri

Easier way to get tuned with the group, also I want to collect everyone into this steam group so we can start events easily.

Since the first event starts soon, tomorrow or on sunday you better get one and add me.

CaterpillaR

I found you on steam but I cant add you because I have a "limited account".

steam name: sivart212

Edit: I was able to add you after purchasing a game

My name is Helton in game and steam is grocman1 send an inivite if you can or want willing to fight for you all.

Man... fix the spelling if you want to be considered remotely serious.

Well I'm sorry that the theard may contain several spelling issues, English is not my main language. I tried to put effort to it, maybe I misspelt here and there but I don't understand why you think my theard isn't "remotely" serious.

Thanks for criticising it anyway, I'll fix it.

Cheers,

Mike

If there is still place in your community I'm game.. I may not be best at RP but I see fun in that and I would like to be part of nice group.

steam: zayl91

Steam: irandoivi

I'm really looking for a good group of people to play with. I think this is the right place to be. I hope to meet some nice people and survive together. :) See you out there fellow survivors.