Sign in to follow this  
sidekickman

Precious Values

I remember when bandits used to have honor, dignity - Now, it's just a haze of gunsmoke and lies. We used to hold you up, take your spoils, but we would never take your life. We would never kill without reason or option. We would grit our teeth, dig our heels in, and let you live. We showed mercy. For even though we would steal and ransack, we would never kill an innocent man - for even we had to cling on to the last breath of humanity. 

But on the day, the day the confused, frightened, and innocent man leveled his makarov at me, I understood. I understood why so many others would embrace this hell, this apocalypse. For no man is innocent forever, and it was me or him that would be the first to slay the other. Both of us afraid of the other, both of us brothers to the same world. And as I fired my rifle, it made sense. No man is innocent forever, and no man can remain sane in this world.

As his desperate cries for mercy rang in my ears, I strode across the damp wood floor of the rotted cabin to his body. Kneeling down, I inspected this lifeless carcass of the confused, frightened, and innocent man. As I pilfered his gear, his food, his drink, I came across the handgun that had moments ago intended to kill. 

It had been empty.

Anybody else have a story of their first cold-blooded murder?

• Like 3

...when the fuck did bandits ever have anything other than a gun and ammo? I don't know why people keep alluding to this "Golden age" of highway robbery; it's all murder, murder, murder...

• Like 2

...when the fuck did bandits ever have anything other than a gun and ammo? I don't know why people keep alluding to this "Golden age" of highway robbery; it's all murder, murder, murder...

I've been playing since the beginning. People used to hold you up if they could. KoS has always existed, but it was to a different degree; It was out of fear and zeal, it was seldom just to kill. Either way, holding people up is still more fun than shooting a man in the back.

I've been playing since the beginning. People used to hold you up if they could. KoS has always existed, but it was to a different degree; It was out of fear and zeal, it was seldom just to kill. Either way, holding people up is still more fun than shooting a man in the back.

ahhhh those were the days, the bandits were much better at fighting then believe it or not, its funny though the way I've seen it was that in the beginning the bandits didn't kill anyone and the heros were the killers, but only of bandits, the iron E

I have to agree with this. I think you're imagining a better time that never actually existed.

I remember it a guy shot at me with am aka rover so I flew my Huey into him and lived to tell the tale but he didn't and neither did the huey

So when did the "Golden Age" begin and stop?

I've only played since March, so I have only experienced KoS.

its funny though the way I've seen it was that in the beginning the bandits didn't kill anyone and the heros were the killers, but only of bandits, the iron E

Interesting theory lol

i take the viewpoint that all bandits are liars and thieves and if i see one i do everything in my power to kill him

heros are sometimes bandits so i am ready to shoot when i see a hero but i try to give them the benefit of doubt

survivors are usually bandits who haven't killed enough people to get the bandit skin which makes them twice as desperate and therefore more likely to kill so i shoot survivors dead every time i see them gun or no gun

its better to nip the bandit problem in the bud, get them on the beach

Exactly. I've been murdered/betrayed/shot in the back after a nice "friendly friendly" in chat more times by survivors than bandits. Shit, I've even teamed up with bandits and guess what, they didn't try to kill me at all. I too consider survivors more dangerous than bandits.

I commited my first murder last week. I've just been killed by one survivor and one bandit, trying to get to my corpse and as soon as I got back I found a survivor in the area. I remained hidden, but he had to come over, so I did fire a couple of rounds at him with my g17.

hmm... so long ago.  2017 had just come out so I figured I would give it a try.  Starving with nothing but a hatchet, I had to kill a poor soul in hopes he had food.  he did not, and I did not even have a knife, so eating him was not an option.  I died shortly there after to my own hunger.

I'm a bandit and a hero. I often rob, kill and pillage players who have high-tier gear and bases. At the same time I will patrol the beaches and pick up fresh spawns, tell them to grab whatever they want out of the car and Ill drop them off near the center of the map. I don't kill fresh spawns or KoS unless its a confirmed KoS'er. I'd rather be killed by a fresh-spawn with a hatchet and let him get my gear and feel like he wants to keep playing rather than stamp on his skull so much he refuses to play any more.