Sign in to follow this  
Arkham

Can the height before breaking a leg be adjusted?

I was in a castle last night, having ifnally got some decent gear. I'm on my way down the central keep's staircase when somehow i fell off from about the halfway point to the next level, a total height of about maybe 3-4 feet. However as a result of this my leg broke. Highly aggrivating as i didnt have anything to heal me. Grr.

Can the height from which we break a leg be increased a bit, to maybe 15-20 feet?

+1

Broke my leg falling off the lower steps in a barn! It seriously looked like I feel 2 feet.

At a complete guess, I'd say this wouldn't be modifiable as I expect it works from the Real Virtuality's physics engine.

You didn't have any morphine? You should have been searching a hospital not a castle. :-P Seriously, bandages and morphine are important gear!! If I run out of either then finding them is top priority. I also think 15 to 20 feet would be a bit much. That is a good chance of death irl.

I can understand a fall from 4 feet breaking a leg, that happens irl all the time...now my buddy breaking bones cause one of us bumped him into a tree while running in the woods...that was a bit much...but funny and we all had plenty of supplies to fix him up.

Breaking a bone from 4 feet is unrealistic unless you are thrown. Simply walking off a 4 foot drop would not break a normal, healthy, human leg!

Breaking a bone from 4 feet is unrealistic unless you are thrown. Simply walking off a 4 foot drop would not break a normal' date=' healthy, human leg!

[/quote']

Technically if you didn't brace for it, it actually easily could. Go jump off four feet with your leg straight and tell me how it works.

That being said it's unrealistic that we can't brace for falls.

I'd like to see the crawling across a room = broken leg fixed even more so. That's how my avatar got his broken leg and I've crawled over 8km so far over two days, checked several towns several times, checked numerous deer stands and too many buildings to count yet no morphine. In fact, during my hunt for morphine, I've had my leg rebroken several times just by crawling through buildings looking for morphine. Not as if there is much about or I'd have found some by now.

If my options are to go into a city to a hospital to get morphine then that will be fun, all that time spent looking for morphine and then having to crawl down to a city to get shot will be well worth my time. If it's better to check military tents... well same problem. I'll get shot and that'll be time wasted.

Miss judged the last 2 steps in a barn and bam broken legs! Managed to crawl to another barn, wouldn't let me and then some how aggro'd a load of z's which ate me grrrr!!!

+1

Broke my leg falling off the lower steps in a barn! It seriously looked like I feel 2 feet.

This, several times. Not only silly, but very embarassing!

Id like to see small falls giving you a sprain = limp but still walking, cured by morphine.

Serious accidents a break. Maybe needs morphine and a splint ?

Or maybe painkillers for a sprain and still morphine for a break.

Same for zombie attacks.

Breaking a bone from 4 feet is unrealistic unless you are thrown. Simply walking off a 4 foot drop would not break a normal' date=' healthy, human leg!

[/quote']

Technically if you didn't brace for it, it actually easily could. Go jump off four feet with your leg straight and tell me how it works.

That being said it's unrealistic that we can't brace for falls.

As a former, national level competitive Judo athlete I could dive off a four foot drop and walk away without too much trouble. Not saying I wouldn't have a few bruises but I doubt I'd break a major bone. So falling off a couple steps and snapping my femur in two is a bit hard to swallow.

You didn't have any morphine? You should have been searching a hospital not a castle. :-P Seriously' date=' bandages and morphine are important gear!! If I run out of either then finding them is top priority. I also think 15 to 20 feet would be a bit much. That is a good chance of death irl.

I can understand a fall from 4 feet breaking a leg, that happens irl all the time...now my buddy breaking bones cause one of us bumped him into a tree while running in the woods...that was a bit much...but funny and we all had plenty of supplies to fix him up.

[/quote']

Breaking a leg from a 4 feet drop? That must be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Unless you're made of glass or 100+ years old, it wont happen.

Yeah I agree very much that this should be looked over, not sure how much Rocket can do about it without modding the engine though.

Being that I was in the middle of nowhere and it would take me ages to get to town, i just opted to respawn a new character. Annoying too as i finaly got a rifle and some decent gear.

*grump*

Breaking your leg while crawling seriously needs to be fixed. I can't imagine any scenario where I would be able to break my leg while crawling. I just had mine break while crawling through an empty parking lot, and I went unconscious. At first I thought damn, I got shot, oh well, but then I woke up, no bleeding, no shock, no zombies. I just hurt myself crawling over a pebble.

This problem frustrates me to no end, it reminds me of Battlefield 2 - if you so much as jump from a wall you're practically committing suicide. It's ridiculous and I can't see why game developers implement these vertical restrictions on movement.

As if moving indoors in ARMA2 wasn't awkward enough, you also have to glue to the side of the stairs so you don't fall three feet and break a bone.

Honestly feels like you weigh a tonne.

Editing because I cannot delete my original post which was in poor taste. I didn't read the article in the link I posted before posting. Simply liked the picture in it. Won't happen again.

arma 2 doesnt have physics, so it has no way of checking how far you fell.

the crawling over doorknobs breaking your foot is pretty stupid though, and so is crawling into stairs giving you a concussion / loose blood