Sign in to follow this  
law1977

Standalone voting has the delay effected

Has the release delay changed your view of Dayz:Standalone  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Has the delay to standalone effected your decision to buy the game?

• Nope do not care when it's released will buy it anyway
    • Actually the delay has made me trust the developers more because they are taking their time to get it right
    • Disappointed it's not out sooner but understand the problems and happy to purchase game before end of year
    • If it doesn`t come out this year, going to sulk heavily and then maybe buy it, 50/50
    • Going to wait a few weeks after release before handing over my cash
    • Going to wait until beta or full release
    • Hypetrain is derailed for me and I will not buy it

I remember posting this topic back in March when June was  looking possible I can`t even remember why we thought June. Here is said link if you want to refer back to the voting or check how you voted:-

March Poll

I had a good response last time, 147 members cast a vote and some discussion was had, so now I am actually quite interested to see this vote. I have added a few more options this time and we shall see if we get the same amount of interest and if the voting has changed. I am going to vote the same thing i`ll buy it as soon as its release no matter what, dayz mod was the best "game" I have played in a long time and am looking forward to seeing all the changes.

So cast a vote for the option fits you the most and put a comment down if you want to say something about why you voted

I'm not really sure the purpose of this, players that DON'T want to play it anymore probably don't frequent the forum anymore - it's going to be overwhelmingly positive for the 'I'm buying it' camp.

Edited by Rossums
  • Like 2

Useless thread is useless.

I wonder if thinking of content to create for this forum is as painful as it is to read the attempts.

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 5

I'm not really sure the purpose of this, players that DON'T want to play it anymore probably don't frequent the forum anymore - it's going to be overwhelmingly positive for the 'I'm buying it' camp.

Indeed, good things come to those who wait

Edited by Guest

101000010010101011000100101011110010101010101001000101001011100011111100101010101010111000100100011000100100101001010101010010000100001000011101010101010101010100000101010101100110110010100

mixing it up

I wonder if thinking of content to create for this forum is as painful as it is to read the attempts.

• Like 3

I voted not to buy it, but I'm sure I will buy it if it's good and everyone else moves over to it. However, I don't think it will be a success as it's sounding like it's going to be a tedious boring affair.

The Rocketman character has completely messed up things IMO, he's obviously tried to prolong his stay as 'head of project'  by insisting on more features that are hugely time consuming. This, I predict, will massively backfire for him as the hype left on the last space shuttle some years ago.

As I understood it, the SA was meant to be a project to get the hugely popular mod into a single file game so gamers wanting to play DayZ didn't have to buy two games, download the mod files and then faff about getting it to work only to be faced with huge waits trying to get in the fecking game. That and some obvious bug fixes and a few new subtle features like skins.

But as we all know the SA isn't here yet, and there isn't a sniff of when it's going to be out. I believe Rocket has suggested a wear and tear system for the characters' shoe soles, meaning that anyone surviving for a long time will have to find a cow to kill and craft new soles from its hide, but you need to craft the thread for stitching first and that won't be worked on until the Spring, then the team will start work on the needle. But the biggest surprise of all is that BI have bought into it.

Edited by Rapid12

Guys, lay off of him. At least he wasn't making a trash/blam thread or trolling. If you don't have an opinion to share pertaining to the topic of the thread, don't post. It's that easy. Giving something no attention is better than giving it negative attention. >.>

ANYWAY: It's affected my decision to purchase it, absolutely. I used to be pretty gung-ho about it, and I am for a few days every time there's a devblog, but every DayZ (mod) update makes me less and less excited to play the SA; I don't like the direction it's been going in, lately, and the lack of information pertaining the SA has left me rather indifferent.

• Like 1

The Rocketman character has completely messed up things IMO, he's obviously tried to prolong his stay as 'head of project'  by insisting on more features that are hugely time consuming. This, I predict, will massively backfire for him as the hype left on the last space shuttle some years ago.

Affect, not effect.

Some excellent foruming going on in this thread.

If the game is good it will be successful, that is all that matters at this point. They are not going to great lengths to hype the game up to inflate sales to people who are not truly interested, it will either grow or die by word of mouth and merit which is the way it should be.

Some excellent foruming going on in this thread.

If the game is good it will be successful, that is all that matters at this point. They are not going to great lengths to hype the game up to inflate sales to people who are not truly interested, it will either grow or die by word of mouth and merit which is the way it should be.

..and your post was a shining beacon of hope and logic.

The fact is that any results you get here won't be representative of anything.

It's like going to an Apple forum and saying 'Hey, what's better, iPhone 5S or Nexus 4' -you know before you even ask that the answers will be heavily skewed in a specific direction - players that aren't going to play won't exactly be sticking around in droves on a DayZ forum.

• Like 2

Delay is a bit annoying as I had been looking forward to it, but I don't really care how long it takes provided it's better than the mod. DayZ is about the only thing in this genre that has actually done it somewhat right.

Edited by Tyrone Chicken

The game had an unimaginable amount of momentum. Dayz was the next best thing. I have never seen another developer totally destroy his hype-train so ridiculously as this. It has been delayed, and delayed and delayed for negligible  reasons such as Item degradation, and magazine packing. I would completely understand if he was taking his time on the arma 3 engine, but not even that. He stuck with the arma 2 engine which gets older by the day and can't be compared to any recent engines. Every devblog that has come out has left me more and more disappointed  and any strong fanbase dayz had has already vanished and is currently consumed by other generic triple A titles. 

All he had to do was port it over with some reduced hacking measures and it could have been set to go December 2012. We are approaching 2014 and we still have no word of an alpha release date. While I still hop on every once and a while, Dayz has completely passed me by, along with any friends I made in my adventures of dayz. 

It pains me to see such a unique game with so much potential be shattered by over ambitious dreams. 

I would completely understand if he was taking his time on the arma 3 engine, but not even that. He stuck with the arma 2 engine which gets older by the day

Yes, lets branch off of and modify an engine that was more than a year off of its official release. Using something like the Arma III engine that early and majorly modifying it would have been extremely stupid and extremely time consuming, because when you want to merge back to the stable branch, even with version control systems like git, there could be A LOT of conflicts due to how much could change in that period of time.

Would neg you if I could.

Edited by Tyrone Chicken
  • Like 2

Guys, lay off of him. At least he wasn't making a trash/blam thread or trolling. If you don't have an opinion to share pertaining to the topic of the thread, don't post. It's that easy. Giving something no attention is better than giving it negative attention. >.>

ANYWAY: It's affected my decision to purchase it, absolutely. I used to be pretty gung-ho about it, and I am for a few days every time there's a devblog, but every DayZ (mod) update makes me less and less excited to play the SA; I don't like the direction it's been going in, lately, and the lack of information pertaining the SA has left me rather indifferent.

cheers for that mate, honestly I am not fussed if people think its a dead thread fair enough. Why they need to comment and say that an waste more time on a thread they do not like then well whatever...

Anyway back to the vote, vast proportion of people still pretty positive interesting thou that 4 people said they wouldn`t buy it at time of typing, interesting thou a lot of people here are putting negative comments.

Like applejaxc the delay has effected peoples opinion of the game but I feel if the game stands on its own merit as a good game people will always buy it

71Dv1Vb.jpg

Edited by Creep-

..and your post was a shining beacon of hope and logic.

The fact is that any results you get here won't be representative of anything.

It's like going to an Apple forum and saying 'Hey, what's better, iPhone 5S or Nexus 4' -you know before you even ask that the answers will be heavily skewed in a specific direction - players that aren't going to play won't exactly be sticking around in droves on a DayZ forum.

True, but the forum is largely dead anyways so what does it really harm to allow for some useless posts as long as they are somewhat on topic? I can not dispute your logic, but I can easily dispute your level of giving a shit.