wayne (DayZ)

elektro/cherno intended to be manditory?

love the mod, just curious how others feel/providing feedback..

with how rare food seems to be in the smaller towns, is it intended that you'll likely need to head to a city before heading north (and starving)?

i've played a lot the last few days, and it seems if you aren't gunning for these cities, you'll just waste time and risk dying for nothing but flares.

edit:

also, any time i make it to a high-yield spawn, it's been cleaned up.. even in a server with only a few players. are people jumping server to server to catch loot spawns?

As the current game stands, I feel it's almost impossible to get anywhere without going to Electro/Cherno first, get a start kit there (morphine & guns mostly) and only THEN can you move into the wild. Leaving shore without morphine is pretty much suicide.

I did fine just looting deer stands and farms on my way north, but that was in.. 1.7.1.3 I guess. I don't know what the drops are like now.

I had to respawn the other night after popping in debug forest with all my gear gone and I flat ran to the NW airfield without so much stopping to pick up food, drink or a weapon along the way.

Just saying... moving inland without visiting those two CAN be done. I've found that I actually get better gear more quickly if I just head straight inland without bothering with Cherno / Elektro.

Things aren't perfect, there's still tweaks to be made... but it's definitely heading in the right direction.

No problem here, spawned in Kamenka and went directly north to Zelenogorsk. Got supplies, and headed into the wilderness. Still haven't headed south, still in no danger of running out of supplies. You have to know where to look, it doesn't really have to do with whether you're on the coast or inland. If you feel you're forced to go into a major city - you're doing something wrong.

No problem here' date=' spawned in Kamenka and went directly north to Zelenogorsk. Got supplies, and headed into the wilderness. Still haven't headed south, still in no danger of running out of supplies. You have to know where to look, it doesn't really have to do with whether you're on the coast or inland. If you feel you're forced to go into a major city - you're doing something wrong.

[/quote']

Until you break a leg. :)

Never been in either, and I have done just fine. The longest I have been alive was 15 days and I have only really been killed because I have been careless.

Going into either of those alone would be just that imho.

No problem here' date=' spawned in Kamenka and went directly north to Zelenogorsk. Got supplies, and headed into the wilderness. Still haven't headed south, still in no danger of running out of supplies. You have to know where to look, it doesn't really have to do with whether you're on the coast or inland. If you feel you're forced to go into a major city - you're doing something wrong.

[/quote']

i know exactly where to check, and i'm talking about the small towns. even still-- you're without medical supplies, and you have had to rely on some online map rather than exploration.

the fact of the matter is, the new player is spawned by otherwise empty or pillaged towns.. and you imply that they're not even supposed to search through them?

Depends on your luck with item piles and whether or not they have recently been looted by other players in my experience.

For example on one session the red residential buildings in Cherno are filled with weapons, on another session it is only empty cans and bandages.

Some players seem prone to be making blanket statements about how you can just go into a certain location and get certain loot. Which clearly is not the case and misleads newer players.

i know exactly where to check' date=' and i'm talking about the small towns. even still-- you're without medical supplies, and you have had to rely on map rather than exploration.

[/quote']

Apparently not, or you wouldn't be having these problems. If anything there's an over-abundance of supplies. I've never been close to dying of starvation or dehydration, and I always carry backup medical supplies. You'd have to either be incredibly unlucky, incredibly inexperienced, or clinically braindead to die from these sources.

Additionally, no - I don't use a map to hunt, and hunting is one of the best ways to stay alive without having to go into cities. Hunting relies entirely on exploration. Water I can get from lakes (I carry multiple canteens), don't have to go into a city for that either. I do have to go into a city to get medical supplies, but only rarely, and it's fairly low risk in a place like Berezino. Learn the routes, learn the landscape, learn the locations - and surviving becomes easy, far too easy.

Until you break a leg. :)

Think they're implying if you're breaking your legs you're also doing it wrong. I only loot Electro or Cherno if I spawn there and if I am, I'm bolting through it like a bat out of hell, Don't bother with firestations or apartments, only check large houses, restaurants, back of hospital, and schools. If I'm in there for more than 10 mins I'm not being smart. If you're going into Cherno or Elektro with a starter character expecting to live, your expectations are too high. Only thing that offsets this is that you have nothing to lose. And I actually find towns like Kamenka and Kamyshovo are decent places to loot just cause the impatient masses just rush in and die hoping to respawn near Cherno or Elektro. I've repeatedly found chech packs in the outhouse on the north side of Kamenka, so I never leave there without at least checking that spot.

WTF? I started on the coast last night and by the time I logged out I was fully kitted out and I never set foot anywhere near Cherno or Elektro.

If you know where to look you can still find things in small towns and there are other large towns aside from Cherno and Elektro that are not warzones.

Those who say that Cherno and Elektro are a must need to L2P.

i know exactly where to check' date=' and i'm talking about the small towns. even still-- you're without medical supplies, and you have had to rely on map rather than exploration.

[/quote']

Apparently not, or you wouldn't be having these problems. If anything there's an over-abundance of supplies. I've never been close to dying of starvation or dehydration, and I always carry backup medical supplies. You'd have to either be incredibly unlucky, incredibly inexperienced, or clinically braindead to die from these sources.

Additionally, no - I don't use a map to hunt, and hunting is one of the best ways to stay alive without having to go into cities. Hunting relies entirely on exploration. Water I can get from lakes (I carry multiple canteens), don't have to go into a city for that either. I do have to go into a city to get medical supplies, but only rarely, and it's fairly low risk in a place like Berezino. Learn the routes, learn the landscape, learn the locations - and surviving becomes easy, far too easy.

you're so tough bro. are you done? you only came in here to brag, and it's almost embarrassing

anyway this isn't for me, i'm simply posing a question for discussion. i've been introducing friends lately, and naturally anyone would head to any sight of civilization.. and while scavenging these areas and surviving any zombies they're likely leave little to no reward.

edit:

let me elaborate; i'm in vent playing w/ others who know how to play. we are decked out and scouting around airfields in the north. my friends learning the game are searching the towns they start by, and they aren't finding anything (i've shown them the map, and explained what i can).. hmm, alright. later on, i start with one of them, and we meet up and search kamenka/komarovo.. it is desolate. prior to today, or recent patches, i had not had this problem.

loot tables have changed recently, if you were not aware

you're so tough bro. are you done? you only came in here to brag' date=' and it's almost embarrassing[/quote']

No - a question was posed and feedback was given. Can't handle it, leave.

Protip: Entirely a case of "Learn 2 play". Skipping the coastal towns is entirely possible.

this rhetorical concept is too difficult, so i'll play along;

how would i learn to play? i start off at a coast, and i see nothing but rooftops in the distance.. so i head to these

how should i know to do anything else? is it natural to take a leap of faith, and head away from the first buildings i see, and instead run into the mountains?

edit:

protip.. learn to play.. pre-alpha arma 2 mod elitests in here

bro, this game is anything but competitive. slow down kiddo

edit2:

scared 2 go to elektro bro? i come out with swag every time. i can actually aim, and maneuver around when there are other human players to deal with

sup now?

edit:

let me elaborate; i'm in vent playing w/ others who know how to play. we are decked out and scouting around airfields in the north. my friends learning the game are searching the towns they start by' date=' and they aren't finding anything (i've shown them the map, and explained what i can).. hmm, alright. later on, i start with one of them, and we meet up and search kamenka/komarovo.. it is desolate. prior to today, or recent patches, i had not had this problem.

loot tables have changed recently, if you were not aware

[/quote']

Actually it sounds like you're moving too fast. New loot doesn't spawn into areas that you're too close to, and loot spawns are linked to zombie spawns. If you're rushing in to get into town before the zombies spawn in, you're going to be messing up your loot chances. if you get in there and you don't even find empty cans in most of the loot spots, just completely empty, that means no one has been by there in a very long time and it's been cleaned up by the server. Sit on the edge of town for a minute, let your guy catch his breath, let the walkers spawn in. remember, no walkers, no new loot. And remember to check entryways to larger houses, the sides of sheds and in outhouses.

this rhetorical concept is too difficult' date=' so i'll play along;

how would i learn to play? i start off at a coast, and i see nothing but rooftops in the distance.. so i head to these

how should i know to do anything else? is it natural to take a leap of faith, and head away from the first buildings i see, and instead run into the mountains?

edit:

edit2:

scared 2 go to elektro bro? i come out with swag every time. i can actually aim, and maneuver around when there are other human players to deal with

sup now?

[/quote']

It's be a delight if you could construct your sentences in such a way that they can be understood by humans.

I've never gone to Cherno or Elektro with a surviving Character (LIES, maybe once or twice). Personally I dislike both and find it a major waste of time as there's to high a chance for me to die/shot in the back. I Hit only small towns and fair nicely with food. I Hit one town this morning and found 2 pasta, 4 beans in ONE Pile..... which made me suspicious...

I've never been to Elektro nor Cherno and I made a 16 days character.

One advice : crouch run. Standing sprint depletes your thirst and hunger much much faster for a little improvement in speed.

I've never gone to Cherno or Elektro with a surviving Character (LIES' date=' maybe once or twice). Personally I dislike both and find it a major waste of time as there's to high a chance for me to die/shot in the back. I Hit only small towns and fair nicely with food. I Hit one town this morning and found 2 pasta, 4 beans in ONE Pile..... which made me suspicious...

[/quote']

perhaps poor luck in my case, or as suggested by kolchak-- i had rushed into the town to quickly, which doesn't work well with how loot is spawned.

and, this had only been the case as of yesterday i believe; i thought it had to do with the new changes, to make things more 'difficult'.

the problem i had with this, is that while it is perhaps needed for more experienced players.. the new players will suffer with this sort odd progression.

i'm trying to introduce friends and whomever, and now there is little to start with and seemingly little to find; they were sort of getting frustrated (especially with a buddy who's first experiene w/ zombies was during 1.7.1.4).

edit:

fuck it. game is too early in development to worry about this, whatever. going to frag kids in elektro

i only just started and love this mod to bits i spawned on the shores near a big city don't know which one and wasn't really willing to find out so far i found a canteen bullets food and i only took me a few minutes to do it. ofc it was night and zombies don't see to well which is why i think im a night time player

Never steped into either of those towns. all you need can be found in other places. medical sups can be a problem. but for everything else... there are enough good places to look for weapons and sups. cherno/elektro are deathtraps.

I only go into them if I spawn in them, otherwise I run north immediately.

this rhetorical concept is too difficult' date=' so i'll play along;

edit:

edit2:

sup now?

[/quote']

Man, you're tough. I'd hate to bump into -you- in Dayz. I mean, with all that swag you must be able to kill me by looking at me. -.- 5/10 made me reply, got a laugh.

If you break a leg, afaik the only place where you find morphine is in the city?