Sign in to follow this  
Gordon Axeman

Weaponry. Necessity borns the masters.

Yesterday I died in elektro trying to get something that can shoot... And then an idea came into my head: what about hand-made weapons?

The simplest example is a bow. Get a knife, cut down a branch, kill an animal, get his sinew out, dry it (in the sun or upon a fire), and here you go! Find crossbow arrows or make your own with sharping a stick with a knife!

All these actions should take time, and those weapons shouldn't be very powerful. But today no one wants to go to cities and villages, because Zed have a good hearing and vision... A human can envy.

So, the subjects and their creating:

1) A spear. Must have already been listed by someone else. Just finding/axing a big branch, axing one end in half and inserting a rock... Profit!

2) Axe. Made in a simular way, but is only for wood and branch chopping. Can't be used as a weapon.

3) A bow. Look up there.

4) A deep dish. Made of birch bark, it can be used to collect rainwater/to fill it at ponds & pumps.

5) A sling. Cut out leather from an animal, give it a form, attach a holder of bark, find a little blunt rock at the shore... That won't be an accurate weapon, but it will have a highten chance of kicking players and zombies unconsious.

That's all ideas. Offer your weapons, hope devs will support!

P.S. Make the spawn rate of the knife a bit higher, or make players spawn with it... That should give a wide space for action.

I don't see any need to implement this. Very complex also...

But the Bow +1

bows are much easier than you think. Some PVC pipe and nylon rope or fishing line are all you truly need for a survival bow

bows are much easier than you think. Some PVC pipe and nylon rope or fishing line are all you truly need for a survival bow

Read my post. I said that people don't want to go to cities... Where else are you gonna find the stuff you listed?

Read my post. I said that people don't want to go to cities... Where else are you gonna find the stuff you listed?

Ive known farmers. They do all their own handiwork, improvements, and repairs. You are more likely to find 5' of PVC pipe on a farm than you are in a city home. Rope and fishing line doubly so.

Heck, one guy i know has a barn full of different lengths of wood, pvc, metal rods, and whatever odds and ends he can find, for whenever he wants to slap together a rig for something. And I don't think its that unusual. Running out to home depot isnt an option when you live in the boonies.

Maybe. Thats my mistake writing about the cities. Really I meant that someone that doesnt want to encounter zombies and players can survive without it... But the cool loot will still remain in cities and villages/farms.

Maybe. Thats my mistake writing about the cities. Really I meant that someone that doesnt want to encounter zombies and players can survive without it... But the cool loot will still remain in cities and villages/farms.

Facilitating an entire life away from any buildings would allow you to play an entire character without ever seeing a zombie. And that really doesn't suit this game at all imo. It would go from zombie survival simulator to just survival simulator.

Like everywhere? PVC and string arent exactly seldom...

The shoreline

ANY building in the world

TRASH

Bows.... but arrows? How are you supposed to make arrows? You need feather/stabilizer to make them accurate. Throwing wooden stakes everywhere without being able to hit a target would be quite lame.

Bows.... but arrows? How are you supposed to make arrows? You need feather/stabilizer to make them accurate. Throwing wooden stakes everywhere without being able to hit a target would be quite lame.

Duct tape works just fine, among other things. Fur can also be used as a stablizer, but they fall out of the air quicker.

Edit: slow down faster* strictly speaking they fall at 9.8 m/s/s either way.