Sign in to follow this  
InfectiousK9

Pretty Frustrated.

Hey guys... so theres a couple things... I want to pitch a tent, and I've watched lots of video tutorials on youtube and everything trying to figure out how the hell to pitch one of these tents. I'm playing on a single player version of DayZ it's version 1.62 or something like that and I'm having a couple problems... the first one is pitching a tent, I know they are really glitchy already but the second thing I need help with and am getting super frustrated with is my damn debug monitor covers my option to pitch the tent when I go into my gear. So its extremely difficult to 1. see the option and 2. click the option. is there a way to adjust the position of my gear menu permanently? I can drag the window everywhere but when I right click anything the option appears where the menu used to be. and I can't move the debug monitor anywhere. I even tried adjusting my screen resolution. and while everything else moves to the right... the damn debug monitor is still sitting ontop of my gear menu. I'm getting SO MAD.

I'm new... and I'm playing solo... I'm doing pretty well on my own... and I'd like to play with other people... but I can't even manage to pitch a tent... how am I going to play with other people? x_x people are going to be so frustrated with me.

Go to a beach in Brazil with tight trunks on.

You'll be pitching tents in no time. Maybe you'll even get to store some gear. Just be sure to find a good spot, you don't want anyone seeing.

• Like 1

Go to a beach in Brazil with tight trunks on.

You'll be pitching tents in no time. Maybe you'll even get to store some gear. Just be sure to find a good spot, you don't want anyone seeing.

Well as funny as that was, and as good to meet you as it is... I am kind of in need of some in game help haha Is there any one sure fire way to get a tent to pitch in game?

Well as funny as that was, and as good to meet you as it is... I am kind of in need of some in game help haha Is there any one sure fire way to get a tent to pitch in game?

Not really. I find just fooling with the positioning is the only way.

Try to log and relog... Idk.. DauZ can be a buggy ass game.

1.62 is the arma version, and seeing as you are using a single player mod the dayz version could be quite outdated.

So heres the old and new methods.

Old, press G to open your gear menu then right click on the tent and select pitch tent. you should go into an animation and the tent will appear in front of you.

New. press G to open your gear menu then right click on the tent and select pitch tent. the tent will appear in front of you but to place it you have to use the scroll wheel and select "Complete Build"

Before you complete build you can move the tent around and use Q and E to rotate to the desired position.

Theres no debug menu in the later versions of dayz, but even if one has been added to the mod you are using it shouldnt be anywhere near the gear menu. all i can think is maybe you need to make the menu interface smaller in video options.

Not really. I find just fooling with the positioning is the only way.

Try to log and relog... Idk.. DauZ can be a buggy ass game.

okay well thank you very much

1.62 is the arma version, and seeing as you are using a single player mod the dayz version could be quite outdated.

So heres the old and new methods.

Old, press G to open your gear menu then right click on the tent and select pitch tent. you should go into an animation and the tent will appear in front of you.

New. press G to open your gear menu then right click on the tent and select pitch tent. the tent will appear in front of you but to place it you have to use the scroll wheel and select "Complete Build"

Before you complete build you can move the tent around and use Q and E to rotate to the desired position.

Theres no debug menu in the later versions of dayz, but even if one has been added to the mod you are using it shouldnt be anywhere near the gear menu. all i can think is maybe you need to make the menu interface smaller in video options.

alright its the older one but I finally got it to work so... we're good! I literally had to press G, then right click the tent, hover over "Pitch tent" then I had to double tap "W" so i ran forward a bit, then just after pressing double W I pressed "Pitch tent" and it worked like a charm. Easiest way to do it :]

you can drag/move your inventory by left clicking (and holding) on the bar at the top of the inventory and dragging it to where you want, try that maybe