Jaxis

Why so much rage?

So i've been playing this mod for a few days now.. i do say its got promise.. i do however believe the murdering of players if a little out of hand.. seems as soon as i find something of any value im killed... its become annoying. I played wow for many years and i think their use of factions was very effective.. if you want to be a survivor or a bandit you should be placed on that factions starting zone...

i think survivors should only be able to kill bandits, and bandits only be able to survivors.(and zombies ofcourse).. i think this would give some much needed structure to this game. with an option later to switch between the two sides

Just an idea.. i wont be playing for a while.. hope the dev team takes this into consideration.

Please do not come here with 'ideas' inspired by WoW. This is not that kind of game.

this would ruin the game the whole point is that you spawn and kinda do what you want

limiting freedom like this would ruin the spirit of the game

Please do not come here with 'ideas' inspired by WoW. This is not that kind of game.

Its just an example.. factions are good. you dont see people mass killing team mates in battlefield 3 if you perfer.

I think WoW is a great game for you - it has all your best ideas already implemented. Seeing you don't like hardcore alpha mods where every part of the map is akin to eve online nullsec I suggest you reactivate your WoW account and lose yourself in carebear raiding orgies :)

wtf lol. Yes lets make it into a modern FPS... How about the factions be Russia vs America and lets have a score limit and Capture the Flag modes.

Did I really just read a post about factions and no friendly fire in a zombie survival/survival of the fittest games forums?

wow...

Well there are no team mates.... this isn't a team game.

It CAN be, but I think that's the point.... a sever could be completely friendly, or completely hostile.

In a way it reminds me of Minecraft, you could befriend someone and build the biggest castle around...and then while they are offline, completely destroy EVERYTHING and take all their stuff.

Maybe I'm just evil.....but it's pretty damn fun >:)

Its just an example.. factions are good. you dont see people mass killing team mates in battlefield 3 if you perfer.

No, and that's why it's nothing compared to this game.

Sandbox PVP is unique because of the freedom and the risk. You never know what people will do. You can be betrayed, you can lose everything.

Without that, you remove the part that actually makes this game interesting.

Basically - no, no carebear infestation of this game. I have faith that with a one-man developer dictator, however, it won't happen.

I think OP doesn't really understand what survival means.

The sandbox pvp is what brings the psycological aspect of an apocalypse to the game.

Op, ignore these jackasses, Rocket himself doesn't like these hipsters and uber-hardcore kids. And this place is like this precisely because of what you just said. The devs are trying to get the "community" to do the social things on their own, apparently not realizing it's never going to happen. If you want to group up with someone, find some friends who have arma, someone you can trust with a vent/teamspeak and play with them, cause right now the only reason you might have not to shoot someone is if you can't spare the ammo.

Can you all pls stop this 'gtfo wow scrub' thing and grow up? He made a good point here because it IS an actual problem that everybody kills everyone on sight and nice, friendly players are rare. So stop this mindless 'stop whining its a hardcore game' and start constructive feedback or DONT POST!

The idea of putting them into factions right from the beginning is not a good one, but they should build in some sort of posibilities to FORM these factions, like radio stations where you can talk to your people (you could get some sort of radio that gives you a new chat option where you can chat with your faction members over the map), or some way to show you are part of the group XY like a red hat for example (really, just an example! :D). Then you wont shot this guy because he is on your side. I am sure with a grwoing community like this one in DayZ these things will somehow happen, when we get the right tools for it.

Well there are no team mates.... this isn't a team game.

It CAN be' date=' but I think that's the point.... a sever could be completely friendly, or completely hostile.

In a way it reminds me of Minecraft, you could befriend someone and build the biggest castle around...and then while they are offline, completely destroy EVERYTHING and take all their stuff.

Maybe I'm just evil.....but it's pretty damn fun >:)

[/quote']

That's exactly why a lot of Minecraft servers (if not all of the good ones) implemented security systems which would not allow griefing when the owner of a certain land was not online.

In my opinion, DayZ is trying to mimic reality, at least in a sense. If you're not playing right now then you can't defend yourself. This should be "fixed" since it's unfair and is not exactly like reality. In reality, you're there, ready to defend yourself and your camp. Some people may not agree with me but after all that's what makes discussions a good thing.

Guess the next thing is you are rewarded for every action you do. So after that, lets introduce achievements. And then ofc, lets make it a farming game where you don't have pvp and just farm unloosable gear. Oh wait, this already exists, it's called WoW (i forgot to mention the insane monthly fee btw).

Srsly, don't come back, WoW is just perfect for you.

Hey this thread really gave me a good chuckle over my morning coffee. Thanks for brightening my day OP.

I think the hospitality here is far from good to be honest. I've never played WoW but I'm sure the OP doesn't the game to look like it, probably only a few aspects here thinks fit the game. Instead of being arrogant, perhaps discussing things would be a good start but it looks like you can't discuss with people which mention WoW, CoD or whatever. They're games, they're not like DayZ but they're games. DayZ took ideas from other games just like CoD and WoW did from others, you should understand that.

The saddest part of this game is how the playerbase wants to stifle any discussion about letting the game evolve because of this dayz hipster mentality.

I think the thing that makes Day Z so attractive and fun is the simple fact that deing is no longer no big deal..there are consequences and risks.

Its just an example.. factions are good.

Factions imply some kind of structured society.

In Dayz. That society has just gone to shit.

PLEASE people.

So many have lost sight of what made DayZ so unique.

Its not meant to be some 'goodies vs bandits' with zombies inbetween' date=' its about being stranded, isolated, when you've just been [b']totally cut off as the world has fucking ended. It DID have that unique feeling to it, that feeling of danger, mistrust and angst it what made this mod so appealing, but it seems people just want it to be another 'team based, fast paced, fps with zombies' package.

I'd much rather we give over half the servers to these faction pvp teammatch cravers, lock them so they can't interfere with the sandbox servers and let them shot each other til the lulz run out than have the mod turn into MMO Manhunt-with-Zombies.

I can't believe i'm even suggesting this but fuck it, make two gamemodes when you start up the mod, 1: DayZ-Pure. & 2.DayZ-LULZ. But even that won't solve anything, because you'll still all just murder each other on sight anyway.

TL;DR

Stop thinking the violence is a 'problem' with the mod. IT ISN'T. The mod worked really well as a sandbox with a lot of groups working well. not much has changed in game. The community are violent. THAT is the problem. So far every 'fix' for it has restricted the sandbox.

Your behaviour is fucking the mod up, not the devs.

I am sorry but I don't think the community will get behind that mate, it's a shame that some responses have been rashly dismissive but a lot of people are very passionate about this project.

It's good to see that you're contributing though. To get off to a better start with other suggestions you might have can I offer a tip?

If you think that a certain feature of another game would be good in DayZ explain why it would work in DayZ. You sa:

"[WoW's] use of factions was very effective"

It may be the case that the use of factions is effective in WoW, but you don't go on to justify it as relevant or effective for DayZ (at first glance it seems entirely contrary to what DayZ is all about, not relevant or effective answer to the problem - even if it is a potential solution).

Consider if your suggestion would significantly alter the core experience of the game, if so maybe reconsider or refine since it's likely too far removed from the collective appreciation of Rocket's vision.

As you can see I've only recently become a member of the community as well, and haven't even posted a suggestion, so you're already a more valuable member of the community than I am. I look forward to more ideas in the future.

So then instead of teaming up with or killing being your own choice, you're forced to team up with some people and kill others, just because of their preferred 'team' ?

Guess the next thing is you are rewarded for every action you do. So after that' date=' lets introduce achievements. And then ofc, lets make it a farming game where you don't have pvp and just farm unloosable gear. Oh wait, this already exists, it's called WoW (i forgot to mention the insane monthly fee btw).

Srsly, don't come back, WoW is just perfect for you.

[/quote']

THIS.

Basically guys, heres the deal:

Your all lazy & unimaginative.

Its UP to you to use this sand box to do these honestly fucking GREAT ideas some of you have. Stop asking the devs to make it easy. ITS MEANT TO BE HARD. But you know its pretty damn sweet when you pass that challenge and get what you worked hard for. so much better than getting it handed to you on a plate.

Its almost like rockets social experiment part was testing that, testing you, seeing that if you give people a gun, some food, and a gun, what happens? Do we act humanely, spare, learn to adapt, show we are fucking capable of using our fucking brains to stay sane, civil and overcome challenges, and put actions into plan?

Or do we fucking turn on each other due to greed, bigotry, or even just for the fun of it?

Guess what guys?

We failed the test. We are fucking stupid evil shits.

Well done humanity.

LOL, well bit deep, but the points valid.