Sign in to follow this  
Diwwah

Zombie detection time tolerance

First of all I'm not entirely sure how this works currently. This might already be in place, but it doesn't seem to be.

I think there should be a tolerance time for zombie detection. People often end up inadvertently standing up, maybe taking a couple of running steps, hit louder terrain which you'd certainly notice in real life but not necessarily in game etc. Zombies seem to instantly react to this and it makes the game seem a little random.

I propose a small tolerance until zombies detect a noisy or visible player. Just one or two seconds to eliminate some accidents due to the character standing up on it's own, or time to react to changing terrain.

i like the idea, but it seems like there is a chance of it being abused. Quickly moving around while crouched by tapping the shift key repeatedly, for example.

I agree blackcat, but maybe if possible the zombies should have different tolerances.

Yeah... it's a little troublesome if the character stands up upon entering the building, or suddenly decides that running through the city instead of sneaking would be a great idea (without any such input from my fingers).