HoboWithAGlock

The Importance of CHKilroy

I have seen many comments saying the videos were more compelling than the walking dead. I honestly think there is truth to that. They will be formally recognized in the game' date=' in some way, yet to be determined.

[/quote']

CHKilroy beer.

LoL honestly, I would like to see some graffiti of "killroy wuz here" pasted on buildings following his path in his videos. That would be a great tribute. :)

A friend of mine was talking about this mod recently. I thought he was talking about a different zombie mod for ArmA2 that I'd heard about a couple years ago so I didn't pay it much mind.

However, a couple days later, it was featured on RPS and Kotaku. So me and a bunch of friends downloaded it to see if the gameplay was as good as we'd hoped. It is. Buggy as shit, but that's typical to ArmA, and doesn't ruin the fun...not really, anyways.

I found this game through face of mankind forums, and i have personally brought 8 real life friends with me. (got to cos you can't trust any randoms on this mod ;) )

LoL honestly' date=' I would like to see some graffiti of "killroy wuz here" pasted on buildings following his path in his videos. That would be a great tribute. :)

[/quote']

Now there's a good idea. :D

personally i was playing another beta of another game, and we were talking in the chat about other games we played.

someone mentioned dayz (it was just a few days old then) and i decided to check it out. it seemed funny, so me and a buddy bought arma2 for it.

few hours later a third friend got it, and a week or so after 2 more friends had it.

Every time I see a CHKilroy video my ears are bleeding and I am getting a headache by his playstyle.

Haha I love Kilroy. Run in, aggro everything, and then run through a friendly bullet wall while shrieking. I got the mod and then saw some of his videos. Instantly deepened the RPG aspect and the depth of the world. Kilroy Jenkins for sure.

Haha I love Kilroy. Run in' date=' aggro everything, and then run through a friendly bullet wall while shrieking. I got the mod and then saw some of his videos. Instantly deepened the RPG aspect and the depth of the world. Kilroy Jenkins for sure.

[/quote']

Exactly this behaviour plus bad aiming plus shooting with a lee enfield on a single zombie next to a town gives me a headache sometimes.

My brain just cannot comprehend that.

Looking at the multiplayer games in Arma 2 lobby got me curious about DayZ, i mean 50 people on every server? I checked YouTube and stumbled upon a 60 min night video by jamsey700, and instantly got hooked

I heard about the game because of a random guy in the Galactic chat of a game called Shores of Hazeron (Empire building MMORPG/FPS/Sandbox... no it is not a browser game).

Anyways, I googled it and came across Killroy's videos. I watched the first one and immediately dug out my copy of Arma II:CO that I had bought on sale somewhere (don't remember where). I had never installed nor played the game, as I never had the will nor interest to do it. So I got it out, installed it, and while I was downloading patches and watching tutorials on how to install DayZ, I showed the videos to a guild mate, who had the same reaction as me.

He bought Arma II: OA (He already had the original Arma II) right after finishing the first video and started installing. Then someone joined our channel after we had been playing for about 10 minutes, trying to find each other on the huge map we'd never been on before, and got interested. So we showed him the videos. He then bought the game after the first one (He spent the full $30 for CO). Then while he was downloading the game from steam, another guy came in and listened to us play. He watched the videos and then bought the game.

After that first play session, which lasted near 12 hours (it was the weekend and I stayed up all night :P), I made a post on my guilds forums. Currently, we have 10+ guys, a majority of which bought the game after watching Killroy's videos and just wanted to play DayZ, who play DayZ.

Every thread on DayZ in every forum I visit has Killroy's videos. Even a lot of articles feature his videos. I am pretty sure that at least 95% (I would say 100%, but I am giving 5% just in case) who has bought the game from the last part of April and all of May so far (which is a shit load of people) have watched his videos.

His videos may not have INFORMED you of the game. It may not have been the only thing to convinced you to buy Arma II for the mod. But his videos probably made your friends and such have a lot easier time convincing you what a badass mod this is.

He shouldn't be given complete credit for the boom that is DayZ. No way in hell. But he does deserve credit for being one of the few youtubers who showed a majority of us how awesome this mod can be.

I read and heard about the ARMA series since it came out on one of the forums I frequent. Then someone posted about DayZ and it generated enough interest that I ended up watching CHKilroy's video series. My two teenage daughters both watched the videos and we were immediately hooked.

So yes, I would say Kilroy's videos sucked me in. :cool:

Very stupid imo. Did people link CHKilroy vids to their friends to get them to buy the game? Sure. Would they have linked another video instead if CHKilroy didn't exist? Obviously.

I started playing this game after hearing about it from a couple of clans that I've played with in the past (Kill Cult, Lords of Death, etc). I then roped my clan into it. Yes I linked Days Ahead, but I could have linked Sidestrafe or anyone else. If anything CHKilroy should be thanking ROCKET for his surge of subscriptions.

I think we can thank CHKilroy for the PvE players crying about bandits. Playing with randoms is different than playing with people you know??? REALLY??? Apparently that's news to PvE players.

Heard about DayZ from some friends, decided to look it up on youtube and found CHKilroys videos.

Bought OA right then and there after the first episode. If it wasn't for his videos, and the way he presented DayZ in them, I would have probably turned a blind eye to it.

I believe CHKilroy is also how I first found out about it aswell. My friend linked me one of his videos whilst trying to convince me to buy Arma2 (for DayZ). It was his AMRIKIII video that my friend linked me though. I didnt know he had a DayZ one until after I'd been playing it for a while.

Well i can definitively say that episode 3 which was the one linked to me by a friend was what hooked me into DayZ , i then watched the rest from episode 1 .

:)

I never watch rubbish youtube videos where people who think their opinion matters "present" or "play" games, I learn everything I need to know about my games from rockpapershotgun.com

:3

I never watch rubbish youtube videos where people who think their opinion matters "present" or "play" games' date=' I learn everything I need to know about my games from rockpapershotgun.com

[/quote']

Can't tell if sarcastic or not.

In any case, I didn't install DayZ because of Killroy but ever since I found his profile on youtube I've had countless hours of entertainment. Truly a cache of gems. Especially the Generation Kill spoof video

:D

He should get partnered and start producing his own series of tactical shooter games reviews or maybe more roleplaying videos.

I wish there were an awesome ArmA2 team like ShackTac in my country..

I never watch rubbish youtube videos where people who think their opinion matters "present" or "play" games' date=' I learn everything I need to know about my games from rockpapershotgun.com

[/quote']

Nah you let people who think their opinion matters tell you whats good and bad in a review of a game and then even go out on a limb and give you a verdict on a gaming website .....its still someones view of a game that they played and may like or dislike irrespective of whether it is on a gaming website or a video .

But to each their own .

I heard about DayZ from Giantbomb, but it was a CHKilroy video that sealed the deal. Mind you that was before I knew Destiny was streaming it. Lately the Destiny videos are the best.