Sugar Jakobs

Sugar's Day Z Life

After spawning in Electro with a friend, we set about getting geared up before heading off north to find ourselves a vehicle. After grabbed an M16 with an undermounted grenade launcher and a HE shot for it, we looked outside of the inner firestation to find that there was a little bird simply sitting at the brick house nearby. Being the impulsive curiosity that I am, I decided to check it out - only to get shot in the back immediately. Now on less than 4k blood, I sprinted off after regaining consciousness (he was a bad shot apparently) and fled to the shoreline.

My friend ended up being sniped from the shore, as the guy who had shot us (or who we think had shot us) changed position to on top of the roof of the brick building just east of the hospital. I didn't even know you could get up there. My hands were shaking with pain and the light-headedness from the blood loss was making it impossible for me to get a good shot on the ghillie sniper, who was about 150 meters away, only poking his head up.

I mentioned on side chat that there was a sniper in electro, on the particular roof and a couple of guys I knew had a helicopter decided to come check it out (they'd shot me just a few minutes beforehand, as a fresh spawn in kamenka). The ghillie turned and started shooting up at the heli, which gave me plenty of time to load in the HE grande into the tube and take aim. Just so you guys know; I had never fired one of these before, so I knew absolutely nothing about the trajectory or damage it would do. This literally was just a "I wonder if this will hit?" moment!

Firing it off, I watched impatiently for the half a second it took for the ghillie to suddenly explode in a shower of dust. The grenade had landed perfectly on his position, killing him instantly.

If there ever was a time I could laugh like a menacing psycho path, this was definitely it.

• Like 1

Your last story reminds me of that scene from Conan the Barbarian, where Arnold was being crucified and his woman finds him and saves his life. He is so close to death when he sees her and he is so happy to be alive and get out of there he just starts laughing psychotically.

I imagine the scene in your story unfolding and this being you when you land that shot lol.

• Like 1

My partner and I, after 4 days of searching, managed to get our hands on a couple of helicopters that had been sitting around on Skalisty island. The first was a little bird, which we used to find some more parts and then hide in the forest after we'd fixed up the russian, which we decided to use for fun since we didn't feel we needed two choppers. At first, all we did was fly about in it and pick up people who needed lifts - most of which actually didn't shoot at us, which was cool  B)

As the server restart drew near and we set the chopper down for the remaining ten minutes and such, I noticed that a person had mentioned on side chat that this was the first time that they'd ever played Day Z before. Now, seeing as I'm a total badass, I decided that my partner and I should go show him some fun.

My partner got some software working in which he could stream his audio through his headset - then set off to the bambi, flying over the town in quite possibly the loudest helicopter imaginable. Now, I'm sure this was awesome in its own right for the bambi, but the fact that Jimi Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower was being played from the helicopter itself and a couple of fully-geared survivors were manning the beast of a vehicle that had come to pick him up from the zombie-infested town was probably what made his night. 

We flew around, pretty much just showing him bits of the map and having a general good time - not too fussed with teaching him too much too quickly, as I'll most likely go and give him a 1-on-1 lesson or two later on.

So there we have it. We picked up the brand new bambi in a chopper, playing some of the greatest hits from the vietnam and world wars, while he sat shotgun in the chopper. Got him a tiny bit of gear, but mostly just kept him close to give him the best possible experience for his first time in the mod.

I haven't written anything here in a bit, due to my partner having not been around for a little while.

Having made friends with one of the admins on a private hive that I log on to, we both decided to do something silly since we didn't have much else to do.

It took around half an hour for things to happen, but I think it was certainly worth it!

We arranged for another 5 or 6 players to join us, the admin took to his power usage and turned each of us into a dog. We then prowled the island, scaring survivors with barking into side chat and other such nonsense!

If I had enough space on my pc, I definitely would have recorded the ridiculousness of it but alas I still have a bunch of other gameplay to sift through before deleting.