Sugar Jakobs

Sugar's Day Z Life

Hey guys, this is a double-up of a thread I have elsewhere - thinking that putting it here may lead to more discussion and whatnot!

Basically, this is going to be a thread where I can share some of my experiences in Day Z, especially those regarding other players and my interactions with them in game. I'm going to copy and paste some stories that I've already put down, then will add them as I go depending on how much I play from here onwards.

I loaded up an overwatch server to see what the difference was between it and vanilla, surprised to find that the military loot was much more broad in spectrum and convenient to locate. My friend and I hopped into a UAZ that was near the coast, just left in the middle of nowhere and set off to see the sights again. Finding our way to Devil's Castle, we ran across a jeep that was driving in the opposite direction. Quickly, we turned off the road and got out - weapons ready for a conflict if there was to be one; but not before shouting the classic 'Freindly!' call-sign, which we also got one in return. There were three men in total within the jeep, though they didn't seem all that friendly to us. Only one had the good grace to leave his vehicle to greet us, but they soon turned away and drove off about 200 meters away - leaving us with the impression that they didn't much care for us. Getting back into our UAZ and continuing on our way, I peeked out the back windshield and spotted a secondary cloud of dust, indicating that they were following us. Urging my friend to keep moving forwards and into the next treeline, we rushed back out and got behind some thick trees for cover. Once they were within range, I called out again, questioning why they were following us - only to hear their faint voices as they too exited their vehicles a mere 150 meters away.

"Let's kill them."

Oh, they were in for it now. I glanced at my partner, who lined up his sniper and took the first shot in retaliation, nailing the jeep with a loud clank. The three immediately went to take cover, but one sadly couldn't make it as I rinsed him thoroughly with a cleansing stream of hot lead. Now see, the thing about 14 year old bandits is that they typically don't think their cover through, nor about who they're messing with. It didn't take the sharpest eye to notice that they parked on an incline, the jeep having rather high suspension and in turn leaving them (as they've now gone prone behind it) rather open. With another few seconds of burst fire on their position, the three died - not a single shot having been fired in return. A fitting massacre to the silly, blood-thirsty teens.

As for my second story...

My partner and I parted ways soon after the conflict, mostly due to his need to shoot people on sight. I found another server, one that was still vanilla DayZ but with more buildings and such scattered throughout Chernarus. I spawned just east of Elektro, leading me to think that I may as well just go see what was going on in there. With the successive firing of sniper rifles and what sounded like an AK, I discretely made my way ip the southern side of Sniper Hill, spotting a couple of bandits hiding behind trees near each other. Seeing as I was completely unarmed, I decided to try and sneak up on them - hoping to snatch a gun from their bags and deal with them smartly. After about five minutes of careful crouching and rolling about, I ended up directly behind them - the two completely unaware of my presence. Now, this is where it got a bit interesting. As soon as I opened the bag of the nearest bandit, I noted that it made an odd noise. And that the UI for it was completely different to what I was used to seeing. This server was apparently very unique. So unique in fact that the two bandits were now completely alerted to my presence, due to the fact that it had just sounded as though I'd unzipped and flopped my junk out for the world to see - right beside their ears. They turned silently, looking at the unarmed survivor as he simply laid prone in the grass behind them - speechless. I took the initiative.
"Well hello there!"

Suffice it to say, they were amazed by the fact that I'd managed to sneak up on the two of them and get into their backpacks (which were both empty), offering me a sidearm and a hatchet to solve my peaceful nature. Accepting them with delight, I asked them what they were up to ( at this stage also noticing that the initial bandit turbans they were sporting had since disappeared within the draw distance, replaced with a camo outfit and a normal survivor's skin), trying to play off the fact that I had almost killed them if the circumstances were right. Seeing as they didn't kill me, I accepted their offer to hang out with them - another of their friends rocking up a few moments later with a Dragunov rifle, which I rather liked the look of. Nevertheless, these people weren't on my kill list any longer - as they certainly spared me. We headed off, down back to the shoreline where I had previously spotted a car in need of repairs. Foregoing them, we continued past and towards the unique compounds scattered throughout the server; a castle much like Devil's Castle, only the insides were all wrong - a hospital, some barracks and a factory replacing what would have been towers. We continued scavenging from these, slowly getting more and more geared up as we went until we finally said our goodbyes - my gear now primed for action. From having absolutely nothing, I came across a DMR, M14 AIM, Ghilli suit, a tonne of supplies and an interesting experience with what people usually think are the scum of the island.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spawned in cherno, managed to grab a machete and run off towards Balota to try and sneak through the hangars before heading up north. Flanked around the whole way, hearing a variety of gunfire - waiting for it to die down a bit before heading in for some looting. I tried to grab some things from the hangars, but the zombies were aggroing hard. I sprinted off and came across a barracks (not sure if that was unique to that server or not) which was filled completely and I mean COMPLETELY with survivor and bandit corpses. Obviously this was a hotspot for gunfights. As I turned around to run off, I noticed a survivor spawn in with a double barrelled shotgun, surrounded by the zombies that had been chasing me. He turned and looked at me, a man in a bandit skin (unfortunately) wielding a machete. I spoke over local chat, saying "Don't you dare shoot that at me. I'm friendly." he didn't respond and simply lined up before firing on me. I took a hit on the hip, but kept my legs and my consciousness surprisingly. I sprinted around the corner of the barracks, rather irate now. "Oh, you're so dead." I told him. The silly bambi comes running around the corner after me, only to take a machete to the knee and lose a leg. The next hit sealed the deal, as I dug the blunt blade into his thick skull, where what I assume his miniscule brain remained. Bleeding, vision blurring, I manage to say "I warned you." before the zombies pick me apart and drag me to death's hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After sorting my way through a crashed helicopter for a new weapon, leaving my old one for any whom might stumble across the site (which I mentioned in side chat the coordinates), I headed off to the NE Airfield, spotting that several people were meeting up there according to the side chat. I knew that if they were all meeting up without knowing one another beforehand, at least one would be willing to spare a bloodbag for me. Upon reaching the airfield however and setting up in several bushes, I heard the sounds of several guns firing off at one another. Turns out that the man that got to the rendezvous first also brought a bandit friend; setting up and waiting for the other two to arrive. Suffice it to say, things did not end well. The two friendlies died, but not without first dropping the first man's friend - before he himself logged to avoid death at my hands, after I stated in side chat "You shouldn't have done that."

I waited it out for a while, knowing that the two friendlies were on their way back to grab their gear and hopefully bloodbag me. It took some time and some caution to get close enough to one of them to speak to them - my gun directed at his back just in case. Turned out that they were indeed 100% friendly, so after awhile I dropped my guard some.

Unfortunately, we spent much too long dicking around there, the server lagging a little too hard for us to blood bag eachother properly without spending minutes doing it. This led to us being shot in the backs by an M14, the owner of which probably the guy that had logged earlier and reappeared under a different name ( that is my suspicion at least ).

For that I am sorry, BrillBilly and Justin - that was a crappy call on my part to stick within that dangerous area for too long. I got you both killed again. I won't make the same mistake twice.

How about you guys? Have you had any similar experiences? What about an opinion of what you'd have done in my position?

Mind you, I am trying my very best not to be a KOSer in this game. After doing it for the entirety of my time on it before my long-as-hell hiatus, I'm going to be helping people more than killing them. Thoughts on this?

Feel free to comment with anything you like, obviously. I'm up to any question or statement, I'll respond to anyone!

TL;DR - I'm talking about my life in Day Z and sometimes I die and sometimes they die. :]

• Like 2

I am about to read your post but just wanted to tell me story real quick lol.

My head phones are broke so been playing basically deaf for like 4-5 dayz. Was running up some backwoods hill and heard a vehicle and of course it was who knows how close when I heard it. Anyway I ran around rock to hide and im pretty sure they didnt see me.

Im hiding behind this rock with no clue where this vehicle is and all of the sudden it pulls rigth around the rock where I am and stops.

This is where I could punch myself in the face for my own stupid decisions.

Im thinking "Ok this dude wants a fight" so I take aim at the driver side door. Well some dude pops out the back and I take aim at him. Right as I pull the trigger I see 2 more dudes pop out of the back and another dude run around that must have came from front passenger side.

Lets just say I got raped like I never have been raped before. No KY.

Why did I asume there was only one person in there? I could kick myself in the ass sometime.

Anyway that was just a funny story that just happened to me. Ive seriously never been raped like that. Easily avoided with head phones tho. Im pretty sure I killed the first dude tho.

I am about to read your post but just wanted to tell me story real quick lol.

My head phones are broke so been playing basically deaf for like 4-5 dayz. Was running up some backwoods hill and heard a vehicle and of course it was who knows how close when I heard it. Anyway I ran around rock to hide and im pretty sure they didnt see me.

Im hiding behind this rock with no clue where this vehicle is and all of the sudden it pulls rigth around the rock where I am and stops.

This is where I could punch myself in the face for my own stupid decisions.

Im thinking "Ok this dude wants a fight" so I take aim at the driver side door. Well some dude pops out the back and I take aim at him. Right as I pull the trigger I see 2 more dudes pop out of the back and another dude run around that must have came from front passenger side.

Lets just say I got raped like I never have been raped before. No KY.

Why did I asume there was only one person in there? I could kick myself in the ass sometime.

Anyway that was just a funny story that just happened to me. Ive seriously never been raped like that. Easily avoided with head phones tho. Im pretty sure I killed the first dude tho.

If they went out of their way to pull up right beside you in a vehicle, then they were doing one of two things. 1. They really, really, REALLY wanted to kill you. Or 2. They might not have even known you were there.

I don't know what I'd do in your position, in this case. Then again, I've never had anyone drive up to me like that and end up being friendly in my experience.

Thanks for the comment.

• Like 1

Heres a story that made me lol at myself.

Was in Byelov Grocery store. Only had a pistol and noticed someone so I took cover. It was a female in a hero skin. She only had a pistol and didnt shoot.

I was pumped to have found a female to run with for a little bit and in my mind im thinking im bringing her to my stash of gear and letting her whatever weapons and gear she wants.

No side chat in this server so in Direct Chat I typed "Follow me".

I immediately run out of the store and she follows. In my excitement I start running around like a chicken with its head cut off deciding to loot shit on the way and my dumbass runs straight into an apartment building after aggrooing like 10 zombies from carelessly running around in my excitement.

So to sum it up I ran into a female, typed in direct chat for her to "Follow me" and ran straight out to one of the worste places to be while unarmed and died screaming while being ate by zombies.

Edited by electricfuneral
  • Like 4

With another few seconds of burst fire on their position, the three died - not a single shot having been fired in return. A fitting massacre to the silly, blood-thirsty teens.

That's funny.  The "blood-thirsty" teens who never fired a shot got fittingly massacred.

Good stories anyway.  Keep it up.  Love this kind of post.  Kudos to you - and beans.

You didn't know about the backpack zipper sound?  They probably put it in to reduce pilfering.  Caught you!

• Like 1

Heres a story that made me lol at myself.

Was in Byelov Grocery store. Only had a pistol and noticed someone so I took cover. It was a female in a hero skin. She only had a pistol and didnt shoot.

I was pumped to have found a female to run with for a little bit and in my mind im thinking im bringing her to my stash of gear and letting her whatever weapons and gear she wants.

No side chat in this server so in Direct Chat I typed "Follow me".

I immediately run out of the store and she follows. In my excitement I start running around like a chicken with its head cut off deciding to loot shit on the way and my dumbass runs straight into an apartment building after aggrooing like 10 zombies from carelessly running around in my excitement.

So to sum it up I ran into a female, typed in direct chat for her to "Follow me" and ran straight out to one of the worste places to be while unarmed and died screaming while being ate by zombies.

Cool.  That "female" probably got a good laugh too.  In a deep bass voice.

Good story.  But don't let them "females" make you do crazy things!

Except IRL.  Beans to ya.

Earlier today, on my usual server, I found a newly spawned helicopter at the North East Airfield. The server was full and the bandits were plentiful, meaning that I knew that if I left it there, I'd either die protecting it or lose it to bandits whilst trying to repair it. Either way, I ended up going down to check it out. I set my partner up in a tree with a sniper, keeping overwatch whilst I ran around like a spastic in the hangars and such, looking for the right gear to fix the heli (which was everything). Sadly, I only managed to find a rotor assembly before the bandits arrived. After laying waste to a grand total of 5 people (including one hero, who deemed me a bandit and set out to hunt me down) my partner and I decided to call it quits. It was getting too difficult to keep the place secure and sadly, we were not enough to make this chopper work. I stuffed it full of medical and food supplies, mentioned it on the chat and logged off for the day. Maybe that made someone's day just that little bit easier in getting their first heli? Either way, I still have yet to get myself a camp or vehicle...

I'll keep you guys updated~

EDIT: turns out that somebody took the heli and was using it the next morning to fly about randomly. Good for them :D

Edited by Sugar Jakobs
  • Like 1

Today was long.

After finding a chopper crash site about a KM away form the NEAF, I mentioned it to a person in side chat who seemed to be bored. He offered that I join his teamspeak, so I did and off we went. During our time partnered up, we found a grand total of 1 UAZ, 1 Humvee and 3 Little Birds, all ripe for the picking. Since he was the one doing all the driving and I was delegated to simply sitting around, I was watching the sidechat. A woman named Girl (confirmed that she is indeed female, you disbelieving internet-goers) needed a lift. I offered her one, which my partner wasn't exactly thrilled about but allowed anyhow. After picking her up, my partner started to get a little... Odd. His personality seemed to change completely, once vehicles (this was on an official hive server) were part of the equation. He didn't want her stealing anything nor wrecking anything. Suffice it to say, from here onwards I started to have my doubts that I'd ever play with the guy again - he was not exactly the most fun of persons.

Hours later, we have two vehicles and enough parts to fix a chopper for ourselves. At this point I started pinging, meaning that I get kicked from the server and can't get back in; but was still present in the teamspeak channel. My partner, who will still not be named, got worse from there, Since Girl's playful nature which conflicted rather heavily with his harsh, serious personality. The two eventually got into a small argument, which in turn led to him basically telling her to 'fuck off', right before he logged off of both the server and the TS channel.

Unfortunately for him, Girl knew exactly where he'd parked the Humvee that he deemed was his alone. Now, rather than being completely geared with fantastic loot and completely repaired for future use... It now has no wheels, no fuel, no gear and a wire-fence set up through the vehicle itself. The guns we'd collected and put in there were then put up for auction for those in the server to do with as they pleased.

If you're going to be mean to a girl on a video game, make sure she isn't within reach of your beloved belongings and vehicle.

Also, she totalled the UAZ.

• Like 2

Today was long.

After finding a chopper crash site about a KM away form the NEAF, I mentioned it to a person in side chat who seemed to be bored. He offered that I join his teamspeak, so I did and off we went. During our time partnered up, we found a grand total of 1 UAZ, 1 Humvee and 3 Little Birds, all ripe for the picking. Since he was the one doing all the driving and I was delegated to simply sitting around, I was watching the sidechat. A woman named Girl (confirmed that she is indeed female, you disbelieving internet-goers) needed a lift. I offered her one, which my partner wasn't exactly thrilled about but allowed anyhow. After picking her up, my partner started to get a little... Odd. His personality seemed to change completely, once vehicles (this was on an official hive server) were part of the equation. He didn't want her stealing anything nor wrecking anything. Suffice it to say, from here onwards I started to have my doubts that I'd ever play with the guy again - he was not exactly the most fun of persons.

Hours later, we have two vehicles and enough parts to fix a chopper for ourselves. At this point I started pinging, meaning that I get kicked from the server and can't get back in; but was still present in the teamspeak channel. My partner, who will still not be named, got worse from there, Since Girl's playful nature which conflicted rather heavily with his harsh, serious personality. The two eventually got into a small argument, which in turn led to him basically telling her to 'fuck off', right before he logged off of both the server and the TS channel.

Unfortunately for him, Girl knew exactly where he'd parked the Humvee that he deemed was his alone. Now, rather than being completely geared with fantastic loot and completely repaired for future use... It now has no wheels, no fuel, no gear and a wire-fence set up through the vehicle itself. The guns we'd collected and put in there were then put up for auction for those in the server to do with as they pleased.

If you're going to be mean to a girl on a video game, make sure she isn't within reach of your beloved belongings and vehicle.

Also, she totalled the UAZ.

He broke my Cardinal Rule; If you find a female in the lonely world of DayZ keep her around at all cost.

Theres nothing like surviving in an apocoliptic world with a female.

Today was long.

Suffice it to say, from here onwards I started to have my doubts that I'd ever play with the guy again - he was not exactly the most fun of persons.

First, good story.  Have to say though, you won't get along with everybody.  Human interaction can be tricky.

I've met guys who were absolutely boring to converse with, but filled with integrity, rock solid and trustworthy.

Maybe this guy could feel he would get screwed by you two, and that shaded his attitude.

Turns out he did get fucked.   He could probably have killed you both - if he was that type.

Just supposition of course, since I wasn't there.

Beans for the story.   :)

First, good story.  Have to say though, you won't get along with everybody.  Human interaction can be tricky.

I've met guys who were absolutely boring to converse with, but filled with integrity, rock solid and trustworthy.

Maybe this guy could feel he would get screwed by you two, and that shaded his attitude.

Turns out he did get fucked.   He could probably have killed you both - if he was that type.

Just supposition of course, since I wasn't there.

Beans for the story.   :)

The guy had no issues with me. He definitely had trust issues with the girl, however. I didn't mention it in the story, but my friend actually joined us for a while during the adventure for loot - he left early however when he got fed up with the guy's attitude. Obviously not everyone is going to be the most friendly of people, but being a genuine ass for the sake of being an ass is not the way to go about things.

Thanks for the comment!

The guy had no issues with me. He definitely had trust issues with the girl, however. I didn't mention it in the story, but my friend actually joined us for a while during the adventure for loot - he left early however when he got fed up with the guy's attitude. Obviously not everyone is going to be the most friendly of people, but being a genuine ass for the sake of being an ass is not the way to go about things.

Thanks for the comment!

You should of killed him for chasing off the female

You should of killed him for chasing off the female

Well, he didn't chase her off. He actually left after I was locked out of the server due to ping issues. She was left alone in the end and decided to screw with him.

Well, he didn't chase her off. He actually left after I was locked out of the server due to ping issues. She was left alone in the end and decided to screw with him.

Damn and I suppose some of the stuff she stole and destroyed was your?

I'd be pissed at both of them if so. The dude for not making sure the person he ws just arguing with didnt know where he left everyhing and the female for obvious reasons.

I say hunt both of them down lol. At least the female if she trashed your stuff as well.

After dying to a group of bandits know as the HAAB (whom still to this day declare themselves as 'survivors', though they lie and kill just as much as any other bandit out there), I found myself looting Chernarus once again.

It was night time and luckily enough I stumbled across a crash site fairly quickly, landing myself a handy pair of night vision goggles in the wreckage, along with an m16 and a stanag case.

It took me the majority of the night and some of today to loot the remainder of what I have now. All of which was done without a map. Now let me tell you here that I have an atrocious sense of direction. If I want to go North, I will end up going North-West. If I want to go South, I'll end up going East. I don't know how I do it, I just do it. And yes, I am very much aware of the fact that clouds travel east... I still get lost very easily.

Now, I have gotten myself a CZ sniper rifle and some gear to keep me alive in the wilderness. Meeting up with my friend (the girl from before), we started looting Berezino for some medical supplies, which ended up not spawning. Heading off into the wilderness again with no map to speak of, we found a ural sitting in the middle of a field. Good condition on all, with wheels and fuel! It even had some nice survival gear in the back, along with a couple of okay weapons.

Taking that, we headed off and eventually came across a town with another vehicle parked just within. We decided to check it out, finding that it had lost a couple of wheels. I jumped out to check the gear, only for my partner to declare that there was an "enemy" in the town just ahead. What I found interesting is that she immediately used the term "enemy" rather than "player", leading me to believe that she was about to start shooting. Which she did. She had gotten out of the ural, in a rather crappy position and started shooting at the guy. This in turn got her shot instead, but not before revealing a second player in the skirmish.

Sprinting away, as I had only a sniper and a silenced M9 to defend myself with, I set up in a bush and tried to catch my breath to steady my aim, only to hear them getting into our truck. Moving again to try and get a shot on them, they pulled off and started down the road - but stopped a little further down, probably to pick up the second guy (who I only then realised hadn't been in the truck yet).

It took me a second, but I lined up the shot and popped the driver in the head, his bandit body flopping out of the truck like a sack of potatoes. The second guy drove off with the ural, much to my dismay, but upon inspecting the bandit's body I found a... Wait for it... MAP!

Finally, a god damn map!

Suffice it to say that I chewed out my partner for being too hasty and trying to do something with the crappiest positioning I had ever seen. A guy with an enfield and an AK had successfully stolen our Ural, where we were obviously better geared. Her lack of coordination and though lead to our loss... But, don't get me wrong. I didn't mind much about the vehicle, more the fact that she died in the end.

Lesson learnt for her.

• Like 1

Maybe they didn't even see you when she opened up.  Could have thought she was alone.  Lots of possible scenarios there.

If she's trainable she might make  good partner, especially if you go bandit.

Imagine how easy it would be to lure electricfuneral into a trap.

Just kidding.  :D

• Like 2

Maybe they didn't even see you when she opened up.  Could have thought she was alone.  Lots of possible scenarios there.

No, the first of the two definitely saw me, especially seeing as I had a group of about ten zombies aggro'd on me for the entirety of this conflict. I later was able to chat with the guy who got away, who didn't seem all that angry with us - he *did* get a ural out of it, after all!

After losing my gear to a hacker that spammed at least 50 shots from his pistol into the area surrounding and my body, I came upon a bambi while leaving Electro. I tried showing him the ropes and leading him to Cherno to find some quick gear for him, though it soon came to light that even though I'd been chatting to him through direct chat for the past half an hour, giving him pointers and tips and whatnot - he apparently couldn't hear me. That was irritating.

We made it to cherno to meet up with a guy who claimed to be able to help us out with antibiotics and such, which the bambi needed. When we found one another, I dragged some of the aggro away and broke off to try and give them some breathing room - no such thing happened. The idiot lead the bambi straight into a cafe and up the stairs, with at least twenty zombies on their tail. Knowing that this was not going to end well, I ran in after them and tried clearing the stairs for them, shouting in direct chat for them to move on to another building which had more than one exit - only to then be swamped myself, whilst the two were arguing inside. What an absolute fiasco!

After spawning again, I notice a guy running around - glitching here and there but certainly moving much too fast to be a normal player. My suspicions were confirmed when he called out my name, even though this server did not support the nametags option, meaning that this guy clearly was a hacker.

Long story short, he ended up guiding me to a broken down Ural near Cherno, where he asked me to wait patiently whilst he fixed it up for me and the bambi, who respawned there. The guy we'd met up with was still alive and kicking, though now lacked any ammo for his weaponry. He met up with us again there, the ural soon being fixed up. Just as it was fixed up however, he put a bullet in our heads with his makarov, after having stuck with us for almost 45 minutes. Now, I understood why he did this; the ural was a great motivation for betraying us... The only thing was that he logged out immediately afterward, meaning that there was literally no point other than just to fuck with us.

A few minutes later, the hacker drove up to my spawn with the same ural (he could see everyone on the map) then drove me up right to the top of the map, then left me the ural itself with a little bit of gear inside. However on the way there, I started losing blood to sepsis and currently don't have any wipes. Now, with less than 3k blood and nothing to show for it except for a hand-me-down ural - I slowly bleed to death in the middle of a forest.

All in all, I think it is safe to say that I got nowhere, today.

Was Origins with full blood. Had an SA-58 (my favorite gun outside of LMG's), Silenced Makarov, 6 cooked steaks and an AKM with a few med supplies to stash in a tent. I ran into one of the tall apartment buildings and started going up the steps.

One newly spawned zombies was walking down the second or third set of steps. I ran straight into it and KO'd me like it was Iron Mike Tyson. The KO lasted so long the single zombie sat right there and ate me to my death. The server restarted about 15 minutes later so I didnt come close to making it back there.

So I go t a car I had about 3/4 of all my stashed gear in and its gone. The night before I was going to transfer most of this gear to a tent that I had found a sweet place to hide but I was tired so I didnt. Well the car is now gone. DayZ giveth, Dayz taketh away.

I had all the wheels shot out and gas drained so they at least had to work a little bit to take it.

If there were a group of players luring people in with a female I would be the one to fall for it lol. I am at least familiar with the bandits on my servers so they would all have to change there names or it could be a group new to the server.

Usually tho, I am not the type to be lured into any trap. I would never meet anyone on side chat and etc.

However if the female in my above story would have been with a group of players who trying to get people to lead them to there stash, I had obviously bitten hard. Maybe the DayZ world did me a favor that day by killing me. No doubt stupid decisions on my part.

After dying to a group of bandits know as the HAAB (whom still to this day declare themselves as 'survivors', though they lie and kill just as much as any other bandit out there), I found myself looting Chernarus once again.

It was night time and luckily enough I stumbled across a crash site fairly quickly, landing myself a handy pair of night vision goggles in the wreckage, along with an m16 and a stanag case.

It took me the majority of the night and some of today to loot the remainder of what I have now. All of which was done without a map. Now let me tell you here that I have an atrocious sense of direction. If I want to go North, I will end up going North-West. If I want to go South, I'll end up going East. I don't know how I do it, I just do it. And yes, I am very much aware of the fact that clouds travel east... I still get lost very easily.

Now, I have gotten myself a CZ sniper rifle and some gear to keep me alive in the wilderness. Meeting up with my friend (the girl from before), we started looting Berezino for some medical supplies, which ended up not spawning. Heading off into the wilderness again with no map to speak of, we found a ural sitting in the middle of a field. Good condition on all, with wheels and fuel! It even had some nice survival gear in the back, along with a couple of okay weapons.

Taking that, we headed off and eventually came across a town with another vehicle parked just within. We decided to check it out, finding that it had lost a couple of wheels. I jumped out to check the gear, only for my partner to declare that there was an "enemy" in the town just ahead. What I found interesting is that she immediately used the term "enemy" rather than "player", leading me to believe that she was about to start shooting. Which she did. She had gotten out of the ural, in a rather crappy position and started shooting at the guy. This in turn got her shot instead, but not before revealing a second player in the skirmish.

Sprinting away, as I had only a sniper and a silenced M9 to defend myself with, I set up in a bush and tried to catch my breath to steady my aim, only to hear them getting into our truck. Moving again to try and get a shot on them, they pulled off and started down the road - but stopped a little further down, probably to pick up the second guy (who I only then realised hadn't been in the truck yet).

It took me a second, but I lined up the shot and popped the driver in the head, his bandit body flopping out of the truck like a sack of potatoes. The second guy drove off with the ural, much to my dismay, but upon inspecting the bandit's body I found a... Wait for it... MAP!

Finally, a god damn map!

Suffice it to say that I chewed out my partner for being too hasty and trying to do something with the crappiest positioning I had ever seen. A guy with an enfield and an AK had successfully stolen our Ural, where we were obviously better geared. Her lack of coordination and though lead to our loss... But, don't get me wrong. I didn't mind much about the vehicle, more the fact that she died in the end.

Lesson learnt for her.

I know exactly who the HAAB are.

I know exactly who the HAAB are.

I am usually found on US 659. A few of those guys hang around on there.

Hey guys, just giving you an update!

I haven't been able to get much gaming done the past few days due to personal reasons, but in the time I *have* had I managed to find a new friend to partner with. We're currently working on getting a heli up and running, which we'd use to most likely help bambies here and there - or find bandit camps and screw with them some.

I'll be sure to add yet more interesting experiences as they happen, so don't worry!

Actually, I do have a story to keep you guys entertained for now!

In a previous story, I mentioned that I had been shot by a group known as HAAB. I failed to mention that the friend they then took captive was in a skype call with me. They continued feeding me information about their whereabouts, in case I had the ability to come back and try to ambush the guys that took them - sadly, I was having a lot of trouble gearing up that time around.

Luckily enough, another friend of mine logged on soon after - who was then able to chase them down and start ambushing them as they tried to fix up an SUV. Now, this would have been an awesome event full of treachery, deceit and much death but...

My friend completely failed. It was actually quite entertaining.

He ambushed them a total of twice, damaging one of their vehicles a little in one and only managing to kill a single person the second time. That would have been fine, save for the fact that the single person he'd killed was our informant. So all-in-all, he successfully did nothing, only to bleed out later from a lack of water. Suffice it to say, I laughed really, really hard at him.

The informant later went on their TS channel, to prepare us for another ambush on them at a later date (getting their trust first was crucial supposedly). They made it so that their TS was being broadcast through our skype call, meaning that my friend and I could listen to their chatter - the most prevalent topic being about Sugar Jakobs, the hacker. The player who managed to get shot in the back, then come back 15 minutes later to fail to ambush them twice with full gear. The thought that these guys had absolutely no idea that there was a second player was actually hilarious.

Anyway, I'll keep adding more stories for your entertainment! 

• Like 1