Crooze

Purchasing Arma for DayZ, Worth it?

As the title says, I am curious as to whether or not it is worthwhile, purchasing Arma 2:CO(30 bucks) for DayZ. I do have the money to spend but I was just wondering how much replayability the mod has, and I figured you guys could provide the insight!

Thanks,

Crooze

Im not sure many people that actually play Day Z are going to say that you shouldnt.

I wouldnt recommend it, Arma II is a fantastic game and there are some amazing opportunities for huge coop gameplay, But that said, DayZ is a mod, its in early alpha, and from what i've seen so far people who havn't played a milsim before tend to complain a hell of a lot about the development of DayZ.

Try the free version of Arma II for a while and get to grips with the controls and the playstyle of the game, then make your decision to buy or not.

I Had the same dilemma, After watching about 20 minutes of youtube videos I bought the Arma2 w/expansion for $30 and have not regretted my decision at all. Totally worth the price IMHO.

armaII in itself is worth it not just for DayZ

there is a million mods and missions out there so yes buy it

i personally spend most of my time on Tonic's Wasteland Mission server more then DayZ while alot of the bugs are worked out

Purchasing Arma for DayZ, Worth it?

I did. and it was.

Havn't even touched Arma yet, I have played with choppers in boot camp on A2OA but that was only because I saw one in DayZ.

Alright, well thanks for all the replies and I will definitely check out the free version. I may just wait and watch the development a bit more. But thanks guys!

Edit 1: Oh wow, way more replies than I thought I would get. I think some of my friends might be getting it so I might be forced a bit :P

Echoing what has been said I guess, even if you find dayz isn't for you arma is an awsome sim and has a lot to offer on its own, and via other mods, try to think of arma as an ecosystem as opposed to just a game.

Just my 2 cents worth...

It's not expensive. Just go for it. You could spend more on a meal at many places.