Sign in to follow this  
zonker

Darkness and senses

Pitch black is OK when overcast, but when stars are out we should be able to see a little bit.

Eyes should adjust to the dark over time (pupils should open), but then when you light a flare or use a torch it should reset to pupils closed.

There should be some sort of smell indicator so we can detect the stinky zombies when we get close.

There should be some sort of vague direction indicator for sounds, so we can have some idea about where a zombie is when we can only hear them.

I wonder if it is possible to turn on that particular recruit setting with the indicators at night only.

give a little more 'hearing'

The directional hearing in Arma 2 is actually very accurate. With a decent pair of headphones you should be able to tell exactly where noises come from.

With a bit of practice you can tell a relatively specific direction a gunshot came from the first time, no second shot needed.

My only problem with the sounds in the game is that proximity is not factored in very well. Its often hard to tell if a zombie noise is 5m away or 20m, and have to look to tell if it is safe.

Edit: when i say decent headphones I don't mean gaming headphones. I'm sure they work, but they aren't worth the money. Better to buy a $50 sound card and $50 headphones than spend $150 on gaming headphones; as an extreme example.