Svalleper

Flaslight attachment on jacket or flashlight headgear

Should be a flashlight you could attach on the jacket or use a flashlight headgear. Easier to play using gun and flashlight at same time instead of using G17 with flashlight or other weapons with flashlight, which is difficult to find. Make the gameplay bit easier to play in the dark.

That flashlight headgear, or headlamp, sounds very good idea to me. It could be equipped in the NVG slot and headlamps should be far more common than NVG's.. obviously

That flashlight headgear' date=' or headlamp, sounds very good idea to me. It could be equipped in the NVG slot and headlamps should be far more common than NVG's.. obviously

[/quote']

^my thinking exactly. Found mostly in industial areas.

NO

would be realistic and so on, But you would need yet another context option "turn headlight off" and that middlemouisebutton is going to get crowded anyway

and gameplaywise i like the idea of beeing unarmed a lot of the time. Having to think what you put in what slot.

Sounds great, A flashlight attached to the top of my jacket, beast idea !

Actually this is a great idea considering you now spawn with a flashlight.

I mean....who's gonna get rid of their flashlight?

Reduce normal flashlight spawn rates, and then introduce the headlight gear. Turns on/off with L, and the light will flash aiming slightly down from your head into the center of the screen where your crosshair is.

This topic gets 5 stars! I approve!

Flashlight should be placeable in the NVG-Slot (so its mounted on your head)

NO

would be realistic and so on' date=' But you would need yet another context option "turn headlight off" and that middlemouisebutton is going to get crowded anyway

and gameplaywise i like the idea of beeing unarmed a lot of the time. Having to think what you put in what slot.

[/quote']

It's not another "context option," not anymore than what we have. It would simply take the place of having to switch out an entire active slot to gain access to light while in the pitch-fucking-black.

Video games are often times about trying to find a balance between realism and video game methodology and logic. I don't think that the gained convenience and realism of a flashlight as part of your normal attire comes at any sacrifice to the games playability.

As far as "game play" goes, how does having a flashlight / headlight that is stationary and attached outside of your hands affect being "unarmed" or not? It would simply be another inventory item that you could utilize.

Imagine, you've got your headlight on, your AK out, propped and ready to rock - you're strolling through the dark town, moonlight at your back. As you stumble upon that building, low zombie gurgles echoing in the back, you see that silhouette of a person. You open fire, he darts off, shooting across the sanctity of your light.

It would add a lot to the feel of night play.

NO

would be realistic and so on' date=' But you would need yet another context option "turn headlight off" and that middlemouisebutton is going to get crowded anyway

[/quote']

how about just using the "L" key to toggle on and off lol...

I really think this idea is very good and useful. I seriously consider getting this implemented in the game.

Flashlight should be placeable in the NVG-Slot (so its mounted on your head)

yes i just come off a nighttime server, and was about to post this...specailly for people that use a trackir, it would be bloody sweet...