Sign in to follow this  
ftee

Choosing spawn location and the implications.

The way most DayZ players are today, I would say there are 10000 players thinking this is a good idea, and 100 players thinking it is a bad idea.

I think your probably more correct.

We don't have the numbers for the people who don't give a hootinanny either way, so I'm not 101% confident on either of our sources.

Then that means if a majority want the ability to choose spawn locations it could be added, which worsens the issue.

Edited by TheRedScare

Then that means if a majority want the ability to choose spawn locations it could be added, which worsens the issue.

I HIGHLY doubt Rocket would do that.

I think it will depend entirely on the attitude of the developers and BIS. Cater to the masses for sales and numbers or possibly have a limited but more invested player base.

Edited by RogueNZ

I think it will depend entirely on the attitude of the developers and BIS. Cater to the masses for sales or have a limited but more invested player base.

Again why would Rocket do that? It would be completely against his vision for DayZ and the company does not make CoD games. They make simulators.

Again why would Rocket do that? It would be completely against his vision for DayZ and the company does not make CoD games. They make simulators.

Profits. Doesn't matter about visions when money can be made. Very few developers will choose visions over money as its the only way to survive in the market. However, that being said he may choose vision over profit.

>Bunch of entitled players not instantly getting what they want.

>Immediate cries of 'Rocket is a sell-out!!!'

Seriously? Who are the real 'CoD-kiddies' here?

Ask him when and if he does do what you think he wouldn't do.

>Bunch of entitled players not instantly getting what they want.

>Immediate cries of 'Rocket is a sell-out!!!'

Seriously? Who are the real 'CoD-kiddies' here?

The kids playing CoD. Kinda self explanatory that one.

i think there should be some limitation like:

--You cant spawn in the same location where you die for a while(10 min maybe), and no, it doesnt reset the time if you choose another location and you die there

Dont like to wait...choose Random

• Like 1

Profits. Doesn't matter about visions when money can be made. Very few developers will choose visions over money as its the only way to survive in the market. However, that being said he may choose vision over profit.

Think about this for a second.

They could have made Standalone the origional plan of "DayZ mod but standalone" Launched it by the end of 2012. And made a nice double dip for profitzzz. However instead they choose to go with Rocket's vision for DayZ instead. That cost them a great deal of money and as there are quite a few potential competitors now.. It just does not add up to make me think the company is only interested in money.

So no. I think there is a greater chance for a snowball to survive a few days in a Texas summer than Rocket or the company selling out for the sake of profitzz.

What about everybody not beeing able to spawn at the same location twice in a row? OR What if you need to spawn at every spawn location once until the others are unlocked again?

It opens the possibilities to spawn with your friends, if you all got at least one matching location unlocked. But at the same time a system like this would not focus all players arround cherno/electro and wouldnt make revenge kills/grabbing your old gear too easy.

Yes it would make it too easy because a friend could just spawn there and do the same thing.

It does not belong in Standalone.

I'm disagree with the above post, But i do believe there needs to be a cooldown of 10 minutes ( at least ) per respawn at any one location.

Let me explain why:

I've been playing dayz for a good long time now, since just after the alpha was released.

When i die ingame, on the south or eastern coasts, i would continually kill myself to get back to my body if it was a z who nailed me, or to revenge kill. Whether you agree with me doing that or not, it would usually take me between 2 and 3 minutes to accomplish my task and i'd beeline it back to my body. Now, this feature makes that alot easier. Am i opposed to this? No, whether you agree with my playstyle or not, i'm going to keep doing it, because i'm not about to throw away days or weeks worth of gear because you think it's not cool or you don't agree with it. I'll do as i damn well please and if you don't like it you can kindly go to hell. I play the game how i like to play it.

I might be coming off as a bit of a douche here, but i'll be damned if someone will tell me how to play my game, my way.

• Like 2

I'll do as i damn well please and if you don't like it you can kindly go to hell. I play the game how i like to play it.

I might be coming off as a bit of a douche here, but i'll be damned if someone will tell me how to play my game, my way.

Unless it's the devs who tell you how to play your game. If you know what I mean...

If the whole thing took you 2-3 minutes before, do we really need a feature that makes this task "a lot easier" then? As far as I can tell, the idea behind this feature was to make meeting your friends easier. Unfortunately it fails because it's mostly used for cheap tactics such as these.

Unless it's the devs who tell you how to play your game. If you know what I mean...

If the whole thing took you 2-3 minutes before, do we really need a feature that makes this task "a lot easier" then? As far as I can tell, the idea behind this feature was to make meeting your friends easier. Unfortunately it fails because it's mostly used for cheap tactics such as these.

Ecuse me but those "cheap tactics" have nothing to do with finding your friends, so it does not in fact fail.

It does if everyone ends up using is for quickly returning to their bodies or revenge killing. I don't care if your playstyle is to kill yourself 10 times in a row to spawn where you want. It should be annoying, it should take more time, that's the whole point, to discourage people from always doing it. Either way, the game certainly does not need a feature which makes that task a lot easier.

• Like 1

Solution for now... stay away from towns close to spawn points. Unfortunately that eliminates the coast. 

No one can be killed and then quickly return to their body if you are not in one of the spawn point towns. I don't go to those already for other reasons. Everything you need can be found off the coast. 

I'm disagree with the above post, But i do believe there needs to be a cooldown of 10 minutes ( at least ) per respawn at any one location.

Let me explain why:

I've been playing dayz for a good long time now, since just after the alpha was released.

When i die ingame, on the south or eastern coasts, i would continually kill myself to get back to my body if it was a z who nailed me, or to revenge kill. Whether you agree with me doing that or not, it would usually take me between 2 and 3 minutes to accomplish my task and i'd beeline it back to my body. Now, this feature makes that alot easier. Am i opposed to this? No, whether you agree with my playstyle or not, i'm going to keep doing it, because i'm not about to throw away days or weeks worth of gear because you think it's not cool or you don't agree with it. I'll do as i damn well please and if you don't like it you can kindly go to hell. I play the game how i like to play it.

I see what your saying here and in no way would I tell you how to play the game. If its a capability in the game do it.

However imo picking spawns need to go. Im not gonna lie and pretend I havnt been close to death then ran to the coast to die and pick my spawn right back in that location. You can literally be back to your body in 5-10 min. If you couldnt pick your spawn and have to kill yourself a few times your looking at way more than an extra 2-3 minutes. And the longer you take to get to your body the higher chance of someone looting regardless of how good you try to hide it (especially on the coast).

And lets not even get in to revenge kills.

Picking spawns degrades the value of life, takes away from the survival aspect of the game and makes the game a deathmatch. Add in self blood bags and you have a full fledged competitve shooter and you cant even call it a survival game.

To the people whinging about how they get reveng killed in the cities, I really have to ask: If you just killed someone in a high-profile spot that is easy for them to re-reach, why the hell would you hang around there continually like an idiot? If you get killed because of this, do you really have ANYBODY to blame but yourself? It's not the spawn-choosing system that's at fault, it's your own stubbornness and stupidity.

Logic: Knowing a bandit is coming, but staying and choosing to die stubbornly? Oh, I'll just whine later and blame it all on the spawn system.

Spawned at elektro and started heading up to ROG castle to meet with a friend, on the way a guy shot at me i turned around and popped that son of a bitch with my 1866 boom headshot

Then his friend turned up with enough gear to last me a couple days an shot at me with his M4 and hit me once and broke me legs i rolled behind a tree morphined and got up an finished him whilst i was grabbing his gear i told my friend to meet me and i picked up all his stuff a spare gun for my friend too but as i turned to run up the hill a bit more shots were hitting around me, i took cover and killed him again for the deathmessage to say it was the guy i had previously killed, then i stayed there and he just kept coming and then more people showed up and there was a deathmatch going on for a while as people were spawning and just coming for war

There should be a thing as if u die in the place you spawned you cant spawn there if you die a certain amount of times

• Like 1