Sign in to follow this  
SalamanderAnder (DayZ)

Change the destroyed clothing textures.

This is just for anyone who hasn't seen it. Why would a shirt turn grey from being shot? I get it maybe for natural degradation, but please, I beg you, if a clothing item is on a player, and they get shot, the shirt should be bloody. It's obvious. That grey decal is hideous. Just being nitpicky.

Otherwise, superb work.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 1

yeah, it seems it's better to wear wrecked clothes than go out hunting for camo clothes

• Like 1

yeah, it seems it's better to wear wrecked clothes than go out hunting for camo clothes

Preeee-cisely.

And yeah you're right, he just said they were placeholder. Heh. I feel a little dumb. BUT STILL. Blood. Do it.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

Preeee-cisely.

And yeah you're right, he just said they were placeholder. Heh. I feel a little dumb. BUT STILL. Blood. Do it.

If you'd be able to wash the blood off, yeah.. That's a good idea.

• Like 1

If you'd be able to wash the blood off, yeah.. That's a good idea.

Blood doesn't wash out of clothing that easily man. And it's not like you'll be able to just pop down to the local laundromat.

Blood doesn't wash out of clothing that easily man. And it's not like you'll be able to just pop down to the local laundromat.

Well, isn't there a single laundry machine that's still functiona in Chernarus? Hah.. (Might be used by bandits I guess) I bet ya I saw a picture of it a while ago in one of the DayZDaily updates.

And yeah, you're right. My bad.

I suppose they've gone for a generic "worn" look for degraded items, not specifically due to firefight.

Since they can have you bleeding from exact bullet wound why not stick a cap mark right in there too? And when you bleed the blood texture will spread down from the wound.

Bandages should show up on your character too.

I want these survivors to look really messed up.

Maybe you can get permanent for that life scarring? Maybe that's OTT but, it would be cool to have some nasty looking scars on your characters face.

• Like 1

I can see it now. Sitting round the camp fire with your buddies, showing off your scars. "And this is where I took an axe to the shoulder."

• Like 3

I can see it now. Sitting round the camp fire with your buddies, showing off your scars. "And this is where I took an axe to the shoulder."

...and an arrow to the knee when i was an adventurer just like you...

...and an arrow to the knee when i was an adventurer just like you...

I was waiting for that. Haha

Edited by dancros

"And this here is where I had my balls shot off!"

• Like 1

"And this here is where I had my balls shot off!"

Where? I don't see them.