I had Micro Stutters in arma till I got a SSD. Simple as that.

really? i got an ssd and had stutters untill i started closing six launcher... maybe the problem is only for some people ?

Problem was solved a while ago, and yeah, i realised that just closing the launcer would fix it too.

Do you need to uninstall the six launcher and updater? and download it manually to make it work or what??

@strunge no need to uninstall six launcher just load it up let it verify and click a server to join hit join and when the loading boxes come up for arma II just hit the little x in the top right corner of six launcher. :D

**Running the game without the Six Launcher meant i was in an invisible god state' date=' very fun to mess around with but gets boring very fast.

[/quote']

You say that running through Steam works fine...so why don't you just run it through Steam?

Theres your answer.

99% Sure i've found the fix' date=' and it was indeed running it through the Six Launcher.

As i said before, running it through any of the other launchers works fine, except for the fact i'm either in some god mode or can't connect to anything.

Now, what i did to get rid of the stuttering:

- Navigate to Your Arma II OA Installation Directory and run "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" (Should be a shortcut) [Example Directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead']

- Select Expansions and Enable @DayZ (I'm not sure why but i had a DayZ (Without the @) Expansion aswell, selecting @DayZ worked - leaving DayZ disabled)

- Restart the game (It will prompt you to restart here, so don't worry)

- Have Fun with your Stutter Free Game!

Note:

- Next time you start the game through "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" it should already have @DayZ enabled

- When i launched the game through the Six Launcher i got a weird ocean as the background for the main menu, launching the game through this method gave me the normal rural Middle-Eastern type background

- I'm not sure if i got really unlucky, or this might be a problem but, when i first tried to join a server using this method my game hung at loading...(I had already gotten onto the server and could see the lobby screen) and on my second try i got a "Kicked from Server" Message. On the third try however, i managed to get in fine.

- I ran around for a good minute and a half without any stutters - normally i get a stutter every 5-20 seconds. I doubt i just got lucky.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone else getting this issue and Good Luck! =D

Going to play for a good few hours tomorrow and see if i still don't get any stutters, will post back if i do or not.

System Specs (Incase anyone can relate):

- 1TB 5600RPM HDD

- Nvidia Gefroce GTX260 (Factory Overclocked)

- Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 @3.06GHz

- Windows Vista 64-bit SP2

- 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM

I could make SWEET SWEET love to you right now and also to that feller with the Nvidia fps tweak. I went out and BOUGHT a computer JUST for Dayz. Downloaded CO on Steam.

I then bought a Radeon HD 5450 thinking hey its a 2009 game, this should do a decent job handling it... Wrong! So so so depressed that all I could do was salivate over youtube videos while this game taunted me on my desktop. Decided to upgrade the GPU (obviously) and went and got a Geforce GT 630. Not too much better I know but it was handling games like Battlefield so I gave it a try.

STILL LOW FPS ON LOW SETTINGS!!! I had just about given up until I saw these posts. I logged a full 3 hours last night on high settings 1600x900 display (my tv) and LOVED EVeRY SECOND OF IT!!!

Hey guys, brand new to DayZ and having the same stuttering issues. The game stutters every second, no matter what graphical settings i use. I tried closing six launcher and my Arma2 folder does not have the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" in it at all (i run the game in steam, fyi). I updated every outdated driver on my system i could find and it does not seem to help.

My specs:

Win 7 x64

2nd gen i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz

16 gb ddr3 ram

AMD Radeon HD 6700

Turn pre rendered frames to 1. The less the cpu has to work to feed the gpu the better. ArmA is heavily cpu dependent and needs all the cycles it can get.

See my signature since you have an nvidia card.

Do you need to uninstall the six launcher and updater? and download it manually to make it work or what??

no just close the launcher after launch dayz with it. the ingame server browser is better too, so use filter with"1.7.2.3" and youre fine. I start the game with six launcher because its great to keep your version up to date. After the game starts the launcher syncs periodly and that causes frezzes. just close it as soon as the game is up.

Edited by Smithy

Turn pre rendered frames to 1. The less the cpu has to work to feed the gpu the better. ArmA is heavily cpu dependent and needs all the cycles it can get.

See my signature since you have an nvidia card.

Yes and no.., with arma 2 its better to have high mhz and 2-4 cores, instead of 4-8 cores with less mhz. (old engine)

The bottleneck in arma is the massive amount of data which is needed, so a ssd with good ram is more important.

AND arma doesnt need a high end graphic card (a 4870 1gb is enough for example)

I know this engine since release of opf1.

Edited by Smithy