After finally getting the mod to work properly (And no longer be some invisible demi-god) the game freezes every 2-10 seconds for 1-5 seconds.

This only began happening when i ran the game through the six updater, running the game through Steam has no stutter problems.

I'm not sure whats causing it, but i'd limit it down to the Debug Menu, or running the game through the six updater. If it helps i'm running the game through Vista and Steam with all the latest Beta Patches and Newest Files.

Anyone know how to fix the stutters or at least slow them?

Are you using an Nvidia card?

Yeah' date=' GTX260.

[hr']

Tried a few things to fix the stutters, to no avail.

Disable Any Non-Essential Programs - Stutters

Restart Windows - Stutters

Run Six Launcher As Administrator - Stutters

Tried American Servers (Currently in Australia) - Stutters

Verify Integrity of Cache Files (Through Steam) - Broke the Game Completely

Currently Re-Installing, i'll see if it helps.

Heres what i done to fix it:

Nvidia Control panel, select manage 3d settings, then program settings, Program to customise: Arma II (also do the same for Arma II OA), set the max pre-rendered frames to 8 (Max).

Not sure if it'll work for you or if your card card can do that but it worked for me.

Nvidia Control panel' date=' select manage 3d settings, then program settings, Program to customise: Arma II (also do the same for Arma II OA), set the max pre-rendered frames to 8 (Max).

Not sure if it'll work for you or if your card card can do that but it worked for me.

[/quote']

All right, i'll give that a go once its done installing again.

If i still doesn't work i'll keep a record of all the stuff i do until i find a solution, just so that anyone else getting this problem should have an easier time fixing it.

Nvidia Control panel' date=' select manage 3d settings, then program settings, Program to customise: Arma II (also do the same for Arma II OA), set the max pre-rendered frames to 8 (Max).

[/quote']

There is no such thing as prerendered frames 8. Latest whql 301.42 and latest beta 304.48 got only values from 1 to 4.

There is no such thing as prerendered frames 8. Latest whql 301.42 and latest beta 304.48 got only values from 1 to 4.

I'll just set it to whatevers highest.

Also, i can't seem to find ARMA II or OA, do i just add them manually? Using Vista by the way.

Ok, re-installing it didn't do anything - the game still stutters.

And setting the pre-rendered frames to 4 still leaves stuttering.

I've isolated* it down to Either running the game through the six launcher or there being some compatiblity issues with the mods latest update and the latest beta update for OA. If there was a compatibility error, then this problem would be a lot more widespread, so i'm doubting it.

*Running ARMA II: OA by itself does not stutter, same with running it through the beta .exe and when i was playing before (Not using the Six Launcher**) DayZ worked fine - without any stuttering.

**Running the game without the Six Launcher meant i was in an invisible god state, very fun to mess around with but gets boring very fast.

**Running the game without the Six Launcher meant i was in an invisible god state' date=' very fun to mess around with but gets boring very fast.

[/quote']

You say that running through Steam works fine...so why don't you just run it through Steam?

Theres your answer.

99% Sure i've found the fix' date=' and it was indeed running it through the Six Launcher.

As i said before, running it through any of the other launchers works fine, except for the fact i'm either in some god mode or can't connect to anything.

Now, what i did to get rid of the stuttering:

- Navigate to Your Arma II OA Installation Directory and run "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" (Should be a shortcut) [Example Directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead']

- Select Expansions and Enable @DayZ (I'm not sure why but i had a DayZ (Without the @) Expansion aswell, selecting @DayZ worked - leaving DayZ disabled)

- Restart the game (It will prompt you to restart here, so don't worry)

- Have Fun with your Stutter Free Game!

Note:

- Next time you start the game through "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" it should already have @DayZ enabled

- When i launched the game through the Six Launcher i got a weird ocean as the background for the main menu, launching the game through this method gave me the normal rural Middle-Eastern type background

- I'm not sure if i got really unlucky, or this might be a problem but, when i first tried to join a server using this method my game hung at loading...(I had already gotten onto the server and could see the lobby screen) and on my second try i got a "Kicked from Server" Message. On the third try however, i managed to get in fine.

- I ran around for a good minute and a half without any stutters - normally i get a stutter every 5-20 seconds. I doubt i just got lucky.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone else getting this issue and Good Luck! =D

Going to play for a good few hours tomorrow and see if i still don't get any stutters, will post back if i do or not.

System Specs (Incase anyone can relate):

- 1TB 5600RPM HDD

- Nvidia Gefroce GTX260 (Factory Overclocked)

- Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 @3.06GHz

- Windows Vista 64-bit SP2

- 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM

have you tried to go back to windows and shut down the six launcher? it is crappy written piece of shit eating 100% CPU on my PC...

That only just occurred to me a few minutes ago. I'd definitely give that a shot before trying my solution, i'm pretty sure it would work too.

Anyway, i did another run around for a couple of minutes - this time throwing chemlights everywhere and flashing my torch at zombies faces. Still no stuttering. Sounds promising, may actually get to enjoy this game with my friends now =D

I almost have the same specs as you and had the same problem. So if you could keep giving what you do to fix it, I would appreciate it a lot. I think when I ran it with -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@dayz parameters, it helped out. What settings are you running it at also?

I beg to differ;

http://fishfoodblender.com/junk/armapreren.png

From drivers 301.10 the prerendered frames are only 1 - 4. Its one of the changes made in 300 branch. You should update your drivers

What i did to get it all working smoothly (Was playing for the past hour, no stutters anymore)

- Install ARMA II (Steam)

- Install ARMA II: OA (Steam) (Don't forget to run the games at least once first)

- Update to the Latest Beta Patch

- Update/Download @DayZ with the Six Updater

Then Did All This:

- Navigate to Your Arma II OA Installation Directory and run "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" (Should be a shortcut) [Example Directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead]

- Select Expansions and Enable @DayZ (I'm not sure why but i had a DayZ (Without the @) Expansion aswell, selecting @DayZ worked - leaving DayZ disabled)

- Restart the game (It will prompt you to restart here, so don't worry)

- Have Fun with your Stutter Free Game!

If all else fails, un-install and then re-install ARMA II: OA and try all this again.

Hope this helps =D

Why would I want to update to a version that doesn't support a feature that makes Arma run perfectly?

Why would I want to update to a version that doesn't support a feature that makes Arma run perfectly?

No it doesnt, only placebo. Nevertheless you should update because 300 branch is offering many new features and increased performance and you can still set prerendered frames 8 through nvidia inspector.

Just curious, what graphics levels you run at?

I am still have the same problem as you. Do you run with any specific parameters or anything else?

Close six launcher after getting ingame' date=' it fixed that for me

[/quote']

I think this fixed my problem. I'll test it extensively later on today. What a weird fix. Thanks though.

have you tried to go back to windows and shut down the six launcher? it is crappy written piece of shit eating 100% CPU on my PC...

as I said...

nothing weird in that

even when doing nothing it uses 100% cpu...

i had this exact problem! and after some reaserch i also found it was six launcher causeing issues. however i have a soultion much much easier if you still want to use six launcher.. load it up set everything up and just as your joining a server and the loading boxes apear close six launcher (just hit the X ) works like a charm. :D now if i could just get arma 2 to work better on my computer >_> (get about 9-20 fps )