Funkapus

Ingame voip question

If I scroll my chat to direct chat with the ">" key and then open my mic with the default push to talk key will it broadcast to whatever channel I've selected? Or do I need to set up individual binds for each channel? I tried asking ingame but was just ignored.

Afaik! There is only 1 channel left. Which is direct chat. It will only work if players are very close to you 20-40m? and you have to aim your crosshair on him to talk to him.

VOIP will be heard by every player that is close to you, but the range is limited too.

So maybe no one heard you or saw your messages.

... and you have to aim your crosshair on him to talk to him...

Thanks, that explains why people can't hear me. Sorry guy, who got shot for not identifying yourself.

ok, well that's good to know for voip. but if i see white text, does that mean someone is within 50m of me? I've seen it a few times and hit the floor but I've never been able to find any movement... i didn't try to contact as it was a conversational type post that implies there are 2+ survivors in the group.

ok' date=' well that's good to know for voip. but if i see white text, does that mean someone is within 50m of me? I've seen it a few times and hit the floor but I've never been able to find any movement... i didn't try to contact as it was a conversational type post that implies there are 2+ survivors in the group.

[/quote']

Hmm. I guess that means you don't have to put your crosshair on the person to speak. Now I'm confused again.

These experiences were in earlier versions of 1.7.1.(<5). Sorry I should have specified that and have now created some confusion :/

Does anyone know if that (crosshair chat) was a recent change? as I can't recall a specific experience in 1.7.1.(>=4).

Those links say that global channels are disabled? Every single server i've ever played on has people talking in side and global channels, both text and voice.