fox808

Non-lethal weapons and traps.

Can you imagine the rage as someone incaps you, cuffs you and then you sit there watching as they loot your silenced guns and beans right in front of your face.

Yeah Zarlak, I think that would be awesome. Now, imagine, someone does this out by the NW Airfield. You're stranded far away from everything with very little. In many ways it is a fate worse than death, but, you're still alive. That's where the moral line is and things start to get gray. You're still giving them some sort of chance, and you have made lots of difficult choices along the way.

nah people would just log out and onto another server... thats got to be fixed.. logging out while in a fight or agro needs to be fixed...

The main problem I do see with it is that getting knocked out is as good as beeing dead.

Im sure most players will find it funny to knock someone out and fully loot him out of weapons and ammo...Or only weapons if you want to be mean.

I can foresee some sort of "sneaky slug" griefing - knock out,loot, shoot someone's legs and bandage him;While it may be fun at first I bet it'll get old soon enough.And believe me running(crawling) around without weapon is very humiliating(got my makarov deleted because of backpack bug)

The main problem I do see with it is that getting knocked out is as good as beeing dead.

Im sure most players will find it funny to knock someone out and fully loot him out of weapons and ammo...Or only weapons if you want to be mean.

I can foresee some sort of "sneaky slug" griefing - knock out' date='loot, shoot someone's legs and bandage him;While it may be fun at first I bet it'll get old soon enough.And believe me running(crawling) around without weapon is very humiliating(got my makarov deleted because of backpack bug)

[/quote']

at one time I lost all my ammo/food, and I welcomed the challenge. gives the game a little bit more dynamic then just hide in the woods with your arms around every item in Dayz like a greedy pig. It may be humiliating but at least it makes the game a little more strenuous.. witch in my opinion makes is fun.

As far as the idea goes... I LOVE IT, i love every thing about it, i would like to see bear traps or trip mines (like the ones in sniper elite V2) rubber bullets and hand cuffs, all great Idea's

With the hand cuffs you should be able to escape, you could use the hunting knife to escape quickly, or it might take some time to escape. it would be cool either way.

Great idea - iam all for it - traps are a definite yes, and the idea of empty bottles/tincans/glass placed at chokepoints

- Plastic cuffs/rope. Used to restrain other players once they are unconscious while you go and loot their stuff. Of course players would be able to free themselves after a few minutes.

- Empty bottles/tincans/glass. Placed at the chokepoints they cause no harm but alert other players nearby that someone is coming.

- Non-lethal ammo. A number of weapons in game can already use ammo that incapacitates enemies instead of killing them.

Love these ones, especially the cuffs/rope would be sick if possible