Sign in to follow this  
beavis_5000

Self Blood Bags

You don't need matches Dayz has oil barrels all over that can be lit without matches.

How do you light a fire with an oil barrel? I did not know you could do that.

Scroll wheel and select the option. Same types of barrels you see burning at night around cherno.

There's nothing wrong with self bagging, it just needs to take a lot longer. Even team BB should take a long time (I propose a minimum of 2 minutes for team and 5 mins for self during which you can't move).

Since a cow pretty much heals you I don't really see the issue with a bloodbag doing it a little quick, but not in 30 seconds.

Again like thousands of ppl said, it became pvp long before that and its server side fault.

Barrels are massive aggro beacons when lit, so I'll usually only do that as I'm leaving an area, just to call in the curious and then the attendant zeds when the visibility skyrockets, making it nice and cosy for the next visitors.

One frustrating glitch with barrels, oh and fireplaces for that matter, is that they increase visibility to annoying levels when they are not lit.

Perhaps when the new blood bag kits replace filled ones, I'll get to disappoint less bleaters over side ...  "Dude, need help with blood, I'm in Cherno / Elektro"

you know the funny thing about this and being on your own you cant blood bag yourself ? last night watch sons of anarchy and a women gave herself a transfusion

you know the funny thing about this and being on your own you cant blood bag yourself ? last night watch sons of anarchy and a women gave herself a transfusion

Well then it must be possible lol

she sat at a table and did it with ease lol.

Was this the doctor by any chance?

I like the idea of requiring that it be drawn. People could have their blood type randomly selected for each life - it could be stated in the journal. You'd get a new blood type after you die. I also think it should take much longer to do - a couple of minutes at least.

Generally, I'm against bloodbags, but the way they're heading with them is interesting.

Self Blood bag is one of the easiest ways to show how the mod has been absolutely ruined by modding.

I wonder how many topics screaming for it to be added will be posted after Standalone launches.

“The deepest wounds aren't the ones we get from other people hurting us. They are the wounds we give ourselves when we hurt other people.” 

~ I. Carmody

Bloodbag that, beyotches.

Edited by iegle

i think the whole health system is f...ed up, i cant run around in the zombie apocalypse filling up blood with 5 kg of chips.. im eating all the time. that sucks.

the whole blood regeneration thing needs much more time and effort imo. as many other things. and wtf is going on with the food all over the place, is this a joke?

i think the whole health system is f...ed up, i cant run around in the zombie apocalypse filling up blood with 5 kg of chips.. im eating all the time. that sucks.

the whole blood regeneration thing needs much more time and effort imo. as many other things. and wtf is going on with the food all over the place, is this a joke?

Maybe it does but how far do you go..stay logged in for 48 hrs in the recovery position while you recover from your wounds?

Not sure about the food. It was plentiful, thought that was patched but maybe not.

Well we have to have some kind of health regain system (or not lol).

But I think Vanilla has it about right. If your low as shit on blood you can get a blood bag from another player. This also helps player interactions.

Or you can fend for yourself and hunt for a cow for who knows how long (also taking into consideration you have a hunting knife and etc).

Or you can try to eat 5,000,000,000,000 cans of food.

So this puts us in a situation where friendly interactions and teammates benifit us. And it also puts us in a situation in which we value life because if we f up we have to rely on others or work our asses off to regain health.

Drop the blood level system entirely and incorporate body part and organ damage into the game, ala surgeon simulator 2013.

Seriously, imaging how awesome it would be to have to find a doctor to dig a bullet out of your arm or have to stitch a wound closed on your leg yourself. That would be sweet. Now thats realism. Of course if you get shot in the heart you're dead in 3 seconds.

I might sound like i'm joking, but how feasible would organ and artery damage be to dayz?

Drop the blood level system entirely and incorporate body part and organ damage into the game, ala surgeon simulator 2013.

Seriously, imaging how awesome it would be to have to find a doctor to dig a bullet out of your arm or have to stitch a wound closed on your leg yourself. That would be sweet. Now thats realism. Of course if you get shot in the heart you're dead in 3 seconds.

I might sound like i'm joking, but how feasible would organ and artery damage be to dayz?

Not a bad idea but it wouldnt be much different from relying on someone to give you a blood bag. Unless the doctors were AI which at least wouldnt take as much away from the survival aspect as self blood bags do. And if your so low on health your blind it wouldnt be easy to make it across the map to a doctor.

Definately good ideas, I will think more into how it would effect gameplay and come back to discuss.

Anyone else want to chime in?

Edited by electricfuneral