alphapotato

A way to ditch zombies

Hi, new player here.

I don't know if it has been mentionned somewhere ( tried search, nothing returned), but it would be nice if we could use a bait to lure zombies or when we are chased by a bunch of zombie. It could be meat from an animal or something like that. Just throwing that out there.

I believe they mean something that will lure the zombies away from the player, like pipe bombs do in Left 4 Dead. It would be neat for a LoS kind of thing too like if the player goes by a few obsticles and makes a few turns aorund the buildings the zombie aggro will decrease unless they spot the player again.

Smoke grenades, empty tin cans and whiskey bottles. All of them will distract zombies.

Didnt know that empty can and whiskey bottles were distracting zombies. I just thought it was junk

Yeah whiskey bottle to the front of a building someone just entered, hilarity ensues.

Yeah whiskey bottle to the front of a building someone just entered' date=' hilarity ensues.

[/quote']

Do this to my friends ALL the time when we're grouped. :P

I nearly hit a zombie last night with a bottle and he just kept on walking. I threw one almost at his feet. Is there a slow lumber towards the sound? Maybe it just took a while for him to work his way there? (1.5.7)

I was so excited to try this mechanic and I couldn't get it to work. I'll test some tonight.