Sign in to follow this  
SFRGaming

Standalone: Types of footwear

Rocket has showed us some very nice footwear, but from what I have seen, there's not too much for variety. Here are a few I think should be in Standalone along with the footwear he has already implemented. I apologize if I mention any that are already added, I haven't seen a list enclosing the types that are already implemented :/

Average tennis shoes: Good for running long distances, moderate durability. Not good against extreme conditions (i.e. Heavy weather, swamps, creeks, etc) Brightly colored, not recommended for hiding/camouflage. Medium noise level. Found in average places.

roger-federer-tennis-shoe.png

Rain boots: Good for extreme weather conditions, swamps, mud, etc. Not recommended for running long distances in. Range from brightly colored to dull dark colors. Medium to loud noise level. Found in average places.

clean-hunter-wellies.jpg

Flip-flops (thongs for the Aussies): Not very good protection. Not durable. Range from light to dark colors. Low to medium noise level. Found in average places. (could be ported from Arma 3)

old-navy-flip-flops.jpg

Sandals: Similar to flip-flops (thongs for Aussies), yet more secure and slightly more muffled in sound. Usually dark colors. Low sound level. Found in average places.

1494sandals.jpg

Work boots: Very durable. Can handle extreme conditions and may play a factor in feet warmth. Usually dark colors. Medium to heavy noise. Found in places such as hardware stores or places with heavy machinery.

georgia-work-boots-134144.jpg

Military Combat Boots: VERY durable. Handle most if not all extreme conditions. May play a factor in feet warmth. Come in dark/tan colors. Extremely mobile and viable to run in. Medium noise level. Very rare and can only be found in military barracks or any other establishment that may house military clothing/items. 

usmc-army-military-desert-combat-tactica

I again apologize if I listed any footwear that has already been implemented. These are just a few that come into mind for what I would like to see in Standalone. 

Edited by Shadow134

Lol. If you want that added, be sure to add Durability, noise level, where to find it. Mobility, etc..

Parkour in dayz would be.....*saladfinger's voice* orgasmic...

Where are my steel toed boots?  I need to curb stomp some faces.

• Like 2

I'm sure different varieties of footwear is confirmed with different attributes.

Actually I don't see why this kind of thing should be impossible. It would make escaping zombies a lot more interesting. They could add animation trees to allow zeds to pull you down as you attempt to get over, too.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 2

The noise level shouldn't be predefined (except for the flip-flops which should be noisy as hell).

It should work just as it does now.

Why does combat boots make more noise than sandals?

Actually I don't see why this kind of thing should be impossible. It would make escaping zombies a lot more interesting. They could add animation trees to allow zeds to pull you down as you attempt to get over, too.

That would be so cool! Would be an awesome way to get away from zombies

Add socks to game as well, prevent blood blisters, (If you get one and it pops you can lose blood and get infection.)

Also should be able to make sock puppets. FOR THE LOLS.

The noise level shouldn't be predefined (except for the flip-flops which should be noisy as hell).

It should work just as it does now.

Why does combat boots make more noise than sandals?

Weight difference. Boots make more of a "thump" sound and can be loud in doing so. Sandals are a lot lighter and also have a softer base.