Sign in to follow this  
SFRGaming

Attachable Flashlights

High-Grade Flashlights that you can attach to a tactical vest and use hands free.

Example:

flashlight.jpg

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 10

Brilliant idea, it may be hard to implement though, considering they would have to model the light on your gun, as well as the shadow created. But if they can do this, which they probably can, this would be great. Also, you should be able to attach them to a backpack strap, or belt. No need to have it so you need a tactical vest.

I like, maybe a head one aswell.

So that when you hold alt the beam follows.

• Like 1

LOL did i close the window too fast??

This kind of flashlight was already used in OFP, if they manage to find the data and put it into the game...But i must say those flashlights were pretty useless thanks to the clunky movements of the characters, the solution with the flashlight on the rifle is so far the most stable illumination method they made so far ( watch how much the torso moves, now imagine the light cone moving all over the place but not where you want it to go if you had it attached to your chest )

I think they are just outdated. Maybe you can find them in a military surplus store?

Outdated? No. They are still used today by military organizations throughout the world. And the so-called "uselessness" comes from the actual character movements, in which will be much more fluid is SA.

• Like 1

Outdated? No. They are still used today by military organizations throughout the world. And the so-called "uselessness" comes from the actual character movements, in which will be much more fluid is SA.

Yes. You must remember Enforcer this is going to be a SA game.

Many things are being changed.

I would like a head light aswell though, naturally heads stay pretty straight.

And I didn't intend this item to replace tactical rail-mounted flashlights, this will just add more options and variety in SA so every person doesn't have the same exact flashlight. The Handheld, Paratrooper (the one posted above), the Head-mounted, and the tactical rail-mounted flashlight could all be in SA and have their advantages/disadvantages.

Well I wasn't informed of this :(

Brilliant idea, it may be hard to implement though, considering they would have to model the light on your gun, as well as the shadow created. But if they can do this, which they probably can, this would be great. Also, you should be able to attach them to a backpack strap, or belt. No need to have it so you need a tactical vest.

They can already do this

Wow, is it "Suggest Confirmed Features month?"

This has already been confirmed for the standalone.

What about mining helmets? Would be nice.

• Like 1

Wow, is it "Suggest Confirmed Features month?"

This has already been confirmed for the standalone.

Has it? May I see the article? I'd like some information on the topic. How they'll approach it, details and such. Edited by RedTailedLizerd

Has it? May I see the article? I'd like some information on the topic. How they'll approach it, details and such.

Lol, yeah because that's how the dev team works, they write extensive articles and dissertations on how a proposed feature is going to work when it's fully functional.

Rocket said in many different video interviews that he wanted to give players the ability to attach flashlights to their guns as well as possibly other things or their clothes. When I say something has been "confirmed," that generally just means that the devs have mentioned something along these lines. I'll try to find the video where he talked about it, but seriously, "dean hall" gives about about 907,000 results on youtube, and "rocket2guns" gives almost 12,000 results. I don't have time to pour through every single one that I ever watched.

I guess you could call that more hearsay than fact. However, this has been suggested many times, and we can see in the gameplay footage that flashlights can be attached to weapons, so it just seems like a logical progression. It's not like this specific feature is going to be very high priority for them right now anyway. They're trying to make a whole game work. Nobody's going to want to explain the minute programming issues associated with something like this to a bunch of development illiterate fan-boys.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

Nobody's going to want to explain the minute programming issues associated with something like this to a bunch of development illiterate fan-boys.

There are better ways to respond to a question. One way is to not be close minded and think everyone that plays dayz understands everything dean is doing and watch all of his dev blogs.

There are better ways to respond to a question. One way is to not be close minded and think everyone that plays dayz understands everything dean is doing and watch all of his dev blogs.

I agree. 

think everyone that plays dayz understands everything dean is doing and watch all of his dev blogs.

I don't think that, otherwise I wouldn't have informed you. However, the documentation Red Tail is demanding is just impossible for me to find.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

I get that, but it doesn't require you to insult people wanting to acquire information. Considering Dean made the statement of releasing Standalone in 2012 and it now being 1 whole year after he has done so, people are getting impatient including myself and all we want is information and release dates. This happens to most of the highly anticipated games, such as dayz itself. But Dean is NOW doing (what he should have done a long time ago) what game developers do, and not give us a release date until the Alpha is ready to ship out. The n they have a few days to review the game themselves and do quick fixes to the things they overlooked. I'm sure we ALL understand he won't give us an unfinished Alpha in the same light a car company won't sell us just the frame of a car, but people are still gonna ask for it. It's how everything is, the only exception being Dean set a release date WAY early than most companies will do. In my opinion, he should have waited a bit longer until everything as far as development milestones and features were set in stone. Most of these "false release dates" were a product which came from Dean changing his mind about what engine he was gonna use and his own decision to COMPLETELY rewrite 98% of the game, only importing a small 2%. I think a lot of people are just getting a bit heated (I know I am, I'll admit it) waiting for DayZ Standalone Alpha to release. One the Alpha ships out, I predict the forums will calm down and we'll see a lot less aggression.

Edit:

I will go ahead and add that Dean DID waste a considerable amount of time doing interviews with several gaming communities and companies. Dean actually admitted the Alpha would have already been released if he would have denied all interviews, but he would have lost a large fan base. While the interviews did delay the game considerably, He did attract a lot of people ,who don't normally play games like DayZ, to be interested in trying the Standalone.

Edited by Shadow134

^ Thank you and I completely agree. And SlamanderAnder, I was not demanding anything, please do not put words in my mouth, I simply wanted some information. On a different note, Rocket should just give a release date instead of teasing us with these false-dates. I know I am personally saving about a quarter of my money just to buy the game!

Edited by RedTailedLizerd

I don't think that would be a problem, just put a light source in the vest and the engine should do the rest