mintypie007

Border Patrol Epoch: the balance between PvE and PvP

Dayz Border Patrol 64.94.238.119:2302

teamspeak: 64.94.238.119   (thats right no port same ip)

DayZBP Epoch Bandit Ai|AI Weapon Missions|Craft Bike|New Player Pkgs|Refuel/Repair Points|More Buildings|Improved Base Building&Traders|300+ vehicles|Trader City God (1.0.3/103419) Dedicated Hosting

We have made a ton of updates to the map, added various trader edits, and have changed the ai on the server. Missions are now unique to our server, including our own set missions with custom loot. Our teamspeak is same as the IP minus the port. Give us a try.

Recent update: We've made a ton of updates to the server, adding in crafting bikes, even more map additions. There are lots of clans pitted against each other. Best of all we've been running 30 players a night.  We are still offering a small supply drop for players who stick around for a few days. More pictures to come of new map additions. We continue to tweak the trader inventories and prices.

We also have a forum now, here you can view our scoreboard, general forums, bounty board, and the vendor pricing list for the server.

http://dayzborderpatrol.freeforums.net

2013_12_01_00027.jpg

2013_12_01_00029.jpg

2013_12_01_00038.jpg

2013_12_01_00039.jpg

2013_12_01_00049.jpg

2013_12_01_00050.jpg

2013_12_01_00053.jpg

2013_12_01_00054.jpg

2013_12_01_00060.jpg

2013_12_01_00062.jpg

2013_12_01_00066.jpg

2013_12_01_00068.jpg

2013_12_01_00071.jpg

2013_12_01_00075.jpg

2013_12_01_00076.jpg

2013_12_01_00078.jpg

2013_12_01_00079.jpg

2013_12_01_00081.jpg

In the past we had a 30+ man server and after an extended downtime we decided to start a new Epoch server. This time around we wanted to do everything in moderation. In the past everyone has had fun on our server and hope we can succeed again. Server is now also dedicated, no server host used.

-Cities additions and other additions to the map make sense and go with the theme of a post SHTF dayz. We have not made pitiful attempts at placing high loot buildings all in one area

-We have made full usage of the new Map_EU buildings and will be adding new loot spots

-The view distance on the server has been increased to 6000. Fog has been tweaked and not only adds to gameplay but looks great, especially at night.

-PvP events in a constructed arena also take place, with the winner receiving a vehicle, gear, or weapons

-Weapon cache missions have been added to provide a varied PvE experience with a reward

-Server bandit ai have been added to provide PvE in additions to an unknown. We have found that players are too used to Dayz and are comfortable taking chances. We want players to think before doing.

-A short night cycle of 4 hours in game time (not attached to any time zone)

-During the last hour of night and 2 hours of dawn ground fog has been added

-Server traders, vehicles spawns, and loot tables have been customized to include as many as possible vehicles, gear, and weapons. Everything has been done in moderation. If someone chooses to take a heavy military approach to the server they can, however if someone wants to take a survival approach they can as well.

-Various addons such as drinking from ponds, knocking players out, clothing removal, nametags,

-Admins are generally reachable ingame or in our teamspeak 192.99.0.182:9139

We have 3 clans which have begun to play and hopefully we will be able to get in touch with most of our old players. Try us out. We will always accommodate clans with some sort of boost for building a base or skin selection (perm) and nothing OP. If any role playing groups join (medic/bandit/hero) they can claim the server "role" and the admins can accommodate. Most of all, admins actually play the server. They do not teleport around the server spawning vehicles and weapons to kill people.

Edited by mintypie007
  • Like 2

This server is pretty good and I know that the people working on it will give us great mods and other fantastic/useful content.

Huh...seems interesting. I'd like to look into maybe locating my clan here; we're a RP hero clan that is looking into different places to base on, and this one seems interesting. If you'd contemplate that, add me on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/BladeHoldin) and you can check out my clan here (http://www.angelsofdeathchapter.shivtr.com/)

Also, Derek and Minty are awesome admins. They're always quick to fix problems with gear, glitches and AI should the need arise (it doesn't often). The whole community hangs out on TS and we always have a good laugh.

tl;dr Join the server.

The server is located in the Midwest US. By the end of the month the server IP WILL be changing. It will be moved to a higher bandwidth connection in Virginia.

Derek here, and I drink beer and like to have a good time. I'm fairly new to the Epoch thing so come help me learn this and maybe have an arena or two with us. Just remember, SUPER FUN TIME!

It is so great to see this group running a server again.  I have played here a bit now and it sure is reminding me how fun the dayz arma mod can be.  I look forward to playing with a larger regular population!

We made tweak to ai missions and included a wider variety of weapons gear and vehicles which can be sold. We also have gotten 10 or so new regulars. I hope we can get more. C130s also have a chance to crash on the server and spawn loot.

Edited by mintypie007

Easily the best server i have played. I played the old server and the admins were great and still are. They're helpful, kind, polite and will go out of their way to make sure you have a good time.

Also the admins they don't abuse powers <3

Edited by Bob_Lee

Recent update: We decided that we are going to accept groups playing a certain role on the server. Example being medic squad, bambi avenger, etc. Just ask and if someone is not already playing that role you will get it. The roles come with special skins/weapons/and custom built perm bases. Nothing will be OP but will only let you play the role.

I really love to play on that server/with those guys.

I was playing on the old Borderpatrol Server and was sad after it was going down.

Wandering from server to server, always searching for the right feeling, to play and have a good time.

Now on the new server, i'm finally back home. *hurraaayy*

Enough to do on that server, if you're a lone Wolf or with your wolfpack.

Jump on over and give it a try!

Tons of new updates to the maps. Tons of updates to the traders. Lots of new people on the server.  New missions and ai and more loot. What more can you ask? 

We've made a ton of updates to the server, adding in crafting bikes, even more map additions. There are lots of clans pitted against each other. Best of all we've been running 30 players a night.  We are still offering a small supply drop for players who stick around for a few days. More pictures to come of new map addditions.

Definitely my favourite server. I find most other's boring in comparison. Dedicted admins who really put in more effort than I could ever ask of them to make the server as enjoyable as possible. 

100% must play.

Been on the server for a while now, Can't say i've had more fun playing DayZ ever... So much to shoot and so much to loot! ;P Thanks Minty!

I would have to say this is by far one of the best servers I have ever played in my DayZ/Arma II experience. If you are looking for a good server, with very active admins, come join us at DayZBP EPOCH! There are a lot of people who are usually willing to help if they are not busy. I myself being one. I have only been playing the server for little under two weeks. And I enjoy it. The AI's are no joke. If you want some serious PvE/PvP action come join us.

We've updated to the most recent epoch patch. Helis have been added to the traders and dynamic spawn system. New weapons have also been added.