yakfish

Anyone else not like trade zones?

I've been playing Epoch because of more cars and buildings. I cannot find a server that doesn't have every car locked or a trade zone. I just wanted a basic server with more buildings and fixable vehicles.No starting load out as well. Any ideas?

It's a part of Epoch so... Play a hardcore vanilla or AfterMath or something.

I only dislike Epoch Traders because they're a bitch to moderate.

Edited by Mayuyu

That's what I'm saying, I can't find a vanilla server with more than 2 people on it. I play a zero server with like 15 others. There are no vehicles at all that I've found.

zero has vehicles..maybe they are just hoarded..i found in a forest in podagorsk a ural and a humvee full of stuff (took the humvee while guys were on ural doing pic nic) same for vanilla..you should try clans servers..they are often modded about buildings but nothing changes about gameplay..just look around..

I hate them,the trading sytem is so bad and strange

• Like 3

Meat Pie where do you play?

not on epoch because they all have trade zones

• Like 1

I'm a pro-vanilla and hardcore experience lover, but you guys need to try Epoch, the base building makes it fun, but I completely forget it's DayZ. Epoch Does not represent it at all.

• Like 3

I'm a pro-vanilla and hardcore experience lover, but you guys need to try Epoch, the base building makes it fun, but I completely forget it's DayZ. Epoch Does not represent it at all.

I must agrre, my fellow countryman.

• Like 3

Ya its like whole other game.

That is a good way of looking at it!

If they have towing enabled, buy yourself a ural and just tow cars to a trader to sell them, then use this money to build up and buy a base. There are a few good "vanilla" servers left...by that i mean dayz 1.8 with a few mods added in. Its unfortunately the best we're going to get until they release stand alone. 

Protected safe/trade-zones are probably the worst thing to happen to the game so far - completely defeats the entire purpose behind the game.

I've been playing Epoch lately and while I enjoy some of the differences, unfortunately it's a lot more PvP than other versions, seeing as you could get yourself militarised within 5-10 minutes of playing depending on where you spawn, and everyone just camps at baracks or in between main towns.

Hmmmm... 

when you say "Trader Zones" do you mean safe zones around traders? I do not have that on my server but it is locked right now while I experiment with AI and other little mods. I had been playing on a few different servers that also did no have them and I can look them up.

yakfish, I will have to look tonight when I get a chance.

My friend and I were at the Klen trader when we heard a vehicle. Guy pulls up in a Vodnick and we go through the whole "friendly" dance. He turned out to be friendly and while we kept an eye on him we went about our business. We use Klen because it is covered. Then a 4th guy shows up and the same sort of thing. 

We are all finishing up trading and boiling water, that sort of thing, when a plane goes overheard. That plane begins circling the hill making pass after pass and that starts to get us all nervous. My friend and I have purchased ammo for the guns, traded for some gear we needed, and were all set so we decide it might be time to head for the woods. Half way there we hear a helicopter. 

Next thing you know a Little Bird is flying over and guy hops out. The Little Bird starts to land as the plane flies over again spotting for them. The Vodnick takes off but the last guy in there ends up in a firefight so my buddy and I start laying down some cover fire for him from the woods, peppering the Little Bird and the guys who are now hopping out of it. Range is a bit long and we are using M4s but I know we hit the Little Bird a bunch and knicked some of the players. We then ran for it. 

Things like that are missed on servers with "Safe Zones". :)

Haha agreed sounds amazing! Add me on steam. ooyakfishoo. No pic