Hi all, if you remember Redux mod that this modification of the original mod Dayz will be interesting for you. In this mod players can't find weapon, ammo or medicine so easy as in Vanila, zeds are more dangerous. Rare top weapons, less loot in towns, limited gasoline in fuel tanks, this is hardcore modification, welcome to Despair.

despair_pic1_by_tugodoomer-d5sw1bi.jpg

server name - Dayz Despair - Try#1

server IP - 95.31.137.80 port 2302

server location - Moscow

mod - Dayz Despair

map - Chernarus (added objects)

Battle Eye - on

Hive private base

Whitelist - off

Slots - 50

Difficulty - mercenary

Time zone - UTC 0

spawn choice - off.

You can download mod Despair there  http://tinyurl.com/DayzDespairMod

supported modes: LandTex and ACE 2 OA -SM (sound mode) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12160

How make a label, use Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch in ARMA2 folder (example) - C:\games\Arma 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@dayzdespair -world=empty

a list of changes

- New loot table ;

- Removed the following aytemy : PNV , range finder and navigator ;
   - Changed : bundles with chemical light and flashlights include 6 units;
- Alternative system spawn loot ;
- Was optimized systems spawn of loot and zeds;
- Revised building and loot in them:
  - Firestations have their own type of loot now of weapons you can find only an axe, crowbar and PM, just as there knife , Alice backpacks, toolbox , sandbags ;
  - Office building was transferred to the police , and now here you can find the following weapons : PM , Revolver ,Remington 870 , AKS-74U;
  - Deleted loot in boat stations  and some industrial buildings;
  - In lighthouses instead of industrial loot loot you can find a civilian loot;
  - In the tower on Green Mountain is now eastern military loot ;
- Removed the objects on the map: trash pile, concrete waste , barriers and barricades , anti-tank hedgehogs;
- Added items on a map :
  - Replaced camp bases in Balota , Chernogorsk, Beresino and the Stary Sobor;
  - Added the western tent camps in the west of the Kamenka, Zelenogorsk, Krasnostav's airpfield and Klen ;
  - Added new buildings in aerodromes ;
  - Added a western camp and the collapse of C130 on the Skalisty island (spawn points of the rare ammunition) ;
  - Expanded settlements and citys ;
- Changed the list and characteristics of the weapons :
  - Removed : DMR, M14, M40A3, SVD , M240 , Mk48 , FN-FAL AN/PVS-4, M4A1 CCO SD, all variants of G36 (G36C, G36K, G36A), Sa-58V CCO, PDW, C4, baseball bat and machetes .
  - Added : AK-74 GP-25 , AK-74 GP-25 " Cobra" , the AK-107 " Cobra" , the AK-107 GP-25 " Cobra" , the AK-107 PSO-1 , grenades for GP-25, RGD 5 .
  - Change: shotgun has a second mode of fire and uses only the shot cartridges, 870 and Remington M1014 can shoot two cartridges for shotgun without conversion , for .45 ACP damage was upped ( 4k damage . blood damage ), clips for M9 and G17 are convertible ;
- Changed the list of vehicles and interact with them :
  - Removed : Mi-17 , UH-1H, AN-2 , SUV, HMMWV, civil Ural trucks , motorcycles , tractors, pleasure yachts ;
  - Added : military Urals and KAMAZ , Landrover TK CIV, BAF Offroad W;
  - You can deinstall the whole spare parts ( except glass) ;
  - Bike is repaired scrap metal at a level lower than 10 % damage is repaired in the presence of only one toolbox ;
  - Avionics and helicopters will be repaired by radio and electronic parts ;
  - To fill the jerrycan must have a hose in inventory ;
  -  You can take fuel from vehicles (need empty jerrycan and hose) ;
  - The fuel in the tanks of course and is updated only after the restart ;
  - Reduced chance of finding spare parts;
- changes in infected (relative Dayz Vanila):
  - Done , the chances of infection and fractures above ( for the common infected and viral zeds) ;
  - Infected logically assigned to their types of buildings ( if you see a military objects there you find infected soldiers ) ;
  - There 30% chance to find loot in dead zeds ( in the soldiers - bullets for assault rifles, in  the hunters - for hunting guns , etc.);
  - Infected soldiers are more armored, they are harder to kill than normal;
- Added new items :
  - Improvised bandages (normal and antiseptic);
  - Bottle of Vodka - used for washing wounds ;
  - IPP-1 -  east military bandage;
  - Civil bandage ;
  - IRP-P - Russian rations, equivalent MRE;
  - AI-1 - military first-aid kit , removes a number of negative factors , is on the eastern military objects;
  - Magazine for PP -19 "Bison" now has its own model ;
- The interaction between the players and objects :
  - Players can explore each other, so you can learn the name of the player and his state of health;
  - The player with the main weapon to stun the other player, if he goes from the back;
  - Player unconscious can lead to life with the help of the flask with water;
  - At night , in the rain and in the water is easy to catch a cold ;
  - In any tent , you can relax (the character gets warm , there is a chance of recovery ) , any tent can be collected ;
  - Matches and gas lighters can end ;
  - The number of animals for the player is reduced from 5 to 3 ;
  - In the presence of empty cans player may attempt to milk the cows ;
- Caches have the following slots ( equipment / weapon / backpack ) : Small - 12/1/1 , great - 25/5/2.
Edited by Tugodoomer
  • Like 12

Despair is close to the original idea of DayZ. It's hard but you really afraid for your life. 
I had the same experience on Redux servers last year.
We also have lone survivors as well as organized groups of players. Some of them may be friendly, but some - completely not. Choose you way and try to survive as long as you can!

• Like 2

After about 4 hours on the sever, my initial impressions are good. I've never relied so heavily on a hatchet, ever. Though I DO wish that Enfields were slightly more common. I've found a single mag (doesn't the Enfield take 5 round stripper clips?) and no weapon. I've seen a couple double barrels and have a 570mcs but have not seen a single other weapon. I love the rarity of loot though. It's hit a great balance.

AND DAT MAP!

• Like 3

despair mod aims on survivin', not on stupid pvp non-stop. rare loot, dangerous zeds and real atmosphere of post-apocaliptic world!

p.s.: and 1st person view only ;)

• Like 1

After about 4 hours on the sever, my initial impressions are good. I've never relied so heavily on a hatchet, ever. Though I DO wish that Enfields were slightly more common. I've found a single mag (doesn't the Enfield take 5 round stripper clips?) and no weapon. I've seen a couple double barrels and have a 570mcs but have not seen a single other weapon. I love the rarity of loot though. It's hit a great balance.

AND DAT MAP!

Assault rifles and other military weapons you can find in miltary bases and airfields. Also you can check police stations in towns (Chernogorsk, Electrozavodsk, Berezino and Vibor) - small chance to find AKSU, but top loot can be find near helicrashes, Lee-Enfield and very rare CZ-550 only on deerstands.

• Like 2

Great mod Tugodoomer, Actually felt like i was playing a survival game, broke my heart that i had to take a double barrel over an AK because it had no ammo. :D

Plus love the additions to the map that i've seen so far, really well done. :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

• Like 3

Great mod Tugodoomer, Actually felt like i was playing a survival game, broke my heart that i had to take a double barrel over an AK because it had no ammo. :D

Plus love the additions to the map that i've seen so far, really well done. :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

)) thx, Bandito made great work. also i forgot say about double barrel gun, this weapon has ability to shot from both barrels in one moment, very dangerous weapon on short distance due to big alpha damage, and players with pistols for 45. ACP can to kill other players very easy - 3-4 shots in body.  

Edited by Tugodoomer

more and more of our features goes to vanilla dayz mod :)  i hope there will be time when all dayz servers will be "despair-like" :)

so now we had short enough differences list imo.  

but some things we not implemented yet makes our mode interesting still :p

Fluxley

\0/ hello one of my favorite testers :p

• Like 1

Russian military base near Rogovo, there you can find east military loot in camps and east special military loot in barracks. 

M8F42Ea.jpg

Edited by Tugodoomer

choice of spawn - off.

today we will update mod.

changes in 191 patch:

- fix file mission, deleted some bugs, added ladders, deleted blue barrels (unlimited fuel);

- other loot's spawn system;

- fix cutting of animals;

- PP-19 non SD was deleted;

- PB (Makarov SD) added in special east military loot;

- ammo for CZ-550 was added in hunter's loot (deer stands, zed-hunter);

- ammo for M24 was added on west helicrashes. 

Edited by Tugodoomer
  • Like 2

nice patch

finally found a use for my chemlights)

new players r arrivin'. i like it

Just did the cleanest takedown I've ever been a part of! Tugodoomer, Primary, and Svetlov! That was the most satisfying DayZ moment ever! Thanks guys. I wouldn't have attacked, but you snuck up on us.

• Like 2

was really unexpected :p

checking helicrash we counted 4 ppl nearby instead of 3 and was confused ..   

tryed to select direct chat to communicate - but was killed too fast :p

• Like 1

I swear we're normally not bandits! We got caught off guard is all

)) okay, but first blood on your hands. after we tried to find your team, our weapon - 3 winchester 1866, but we was very angry. 

Near Solnechny factory we found one of your team. Zeds?

Edited by Tugodoomer

this was a bad ambush ) we saw toyota in cherno, but when Ejecton was kicked we stoped pursuit. Need more guys from our team, start to fire 3 vs 4  was our fault.