Sign in to follow this  
prometheus111

Shoes

Lootable items that give buffs towards quieter, ability to run up hills, faster on grass, faster on asphalt. Separate of course, not all for one set of shoes. Should be simple to implement. What does everyone think of something like that?

I think and would hope skins give you that - if in a gillie suit you should be less visible to Zeds not just players.

hmm, i like the idea of certain items giving you abilities that others dont. Shoes are a good start, and one i havent heard of. Perhaps they could add stuff like a raincoat that keeps you from catching an infection in the rain. I like the idea and i think it exemplifies rocket's goal of "connecting the player to the enviorenment".

In a fantasy game you might have Boots of Sneaking, or Boots of Agility... but in a game that goes for realism, would different pairs of shoes really make that much of a difference?

Yeah I know. I've seen many NBA basketball games played in high heels. Gay league of course but they are just as good in those.

Lol... cleats vs dress shoes? Yeah... Turin... think before you post.

I'd like to see various items that are separate and can be combined in different ways. Ideally these would be visible on the character, but if it's just the functionality I'd be happy.

A raincoat would be cool...but difficult to model onto the character given raincoat physics. But like I said...even if it was just the effect of a raincoat, I'd be happy.

hmm' date=' i like the idea of certain items giving you abilities that others dont. Shoes are a good start, and one i havent heard of. Perhaps they could add stuff like a raincoat that keeps you from catching an infection in the rain. I like the idea and i think it exemplifies rocket's goal of "connecting the player to the enviorenment".

[/quote']

A raincoat that keeps you dry in the rain but that heats gets you hot and moist in the sun perhaps?

Na, dont like it that much. Visibility sounds alright but having speed and shit for advantages is silly. And special abilities?. Maybe skins, backpacks and loot should vary your speed slightly.

I would like to see boots as a pickup as well actually but only two quiet your foot steps to other players. Currently it sounds like my character is wearing clogs when he's walking on concrete. Don't they have rubber in Chernerous?

Perhaps we could get a 'ghost walk' (as slow as crawling but walking upright) mode out of BIS in another patch?

Edited for typos.

NO

Yes, maybe shoes can help you to get up a mountain, but you dont need shoes to do that. Im generally opposed to the idea to get new abilities through equipment. The next step to that is a tatoo that buffs your melee damage because people with tatoos are more badass

need shoes that lowers the sound on pavement. Are we all in high heels clanking down the street?