Tugay5

New player, confused

Im not a huge fan of the arma games, but i got arma 2 and arma oa just to play dayz and after trying for 1/2 hrs to find a server using dayz commander installing different versions of dayz, i love the survival aspect of the game, would be great working as a team looting building's etc taking out groups of zombies etc, but the servers are really annoying i keep logging into one 2 sec later kicked off repeat this for an hr until i find a game thats workable i know this is a free mod and not to expect 2 much but wow the server side of this really annoys me. 

so after a small rant any advice on what server to look for? I just want to play as a team not 2 much pvp more team survival any servers at all like that?

• Like 1

so after a small rant any advice

Improve your grammar.

If you want less PvP, you might just want to play vanilla DayZ. Public hives. The ones named like "US 351", "FR 60", and so on.

• Like 1

Improve your grammar.

If you want less PvP, you might just want to play vanilla DayZ. Public hives. The ones named like "US 351", "FR 60", and so on.

Yeah, generally the servers with more PvP are the custom servers with way more guns and vehicles. Choosing a vanilla server (public or private hive) might help. It doesn't guarantee no PvP but there's way less chance of bumping into heavily armed players with more ammo than they know what to do with.

Edited by Chris529
  • Like 1

What error do you see when you get kicked ? It's most likely a simple fix or something you overlooked, It's not normal and shouldn't happen :)

You might also filter servers for the key word Bambi, It's a term given to new players and some servers will cater for Bambis and help them get started.

There are unofficial 'no PvP' servers where PvP is strictly prohibited but IMO you lose all the fear and miss out on what makes DayZ so great by playing in those.

As above - your best bet would probably be looking for vanilla servers, but there will more than likely still be a fair amount of PvP in those. My advice would be to play with a friend and try to avoid other players.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

Check out US1503 and EU2419.  They're vanilla servers on public hive with active admins and mods willing to help you out with any technical problems.  And since it's a TMW server, there's more people working together, without completely removing the fear of PvP happening.

I've been playing on Standard dayz but specifically on an elysium server. Its quiet but there are AI(NPC) players also. Only the bandit AI will shoot you but the soldier and survivor AI won't. They just shoot zombies.

Its a great place to play the survivor/base building side. I found the FR servers are good but i struggled with desync on them. this one runs sweet for me.

keep in mind that a lot of these errors are due to the fact that mods are not at all interchangeable and the "signatures" for one mod get you kicked from a server that's not running it. its not like some games were you just install everything and launch the game.

EG if you use DayZ commander to connect to lest say.. DayZ Epoch server, then deicde your not really into epoch and try an Origins or dayZero or vanilla you will get kicked for file errors until you close your game and launch with the correct mod (and only the correct mod) loaded. every time you switch mod you need to fully close and re-start your arma II

i load up day z via steam, when i press play it gives me two options play day z mod or day z mod beta, what one links to what servers?

Delete all your DayZ files and then install DayZ commander and update your dayz and arma 2

If you aren't looking for PvP, you should check out Epoch. I've got a whitelisted Epoch PvE server. See my website, linked below.

Try no PvP servers, or a low pop server, with pvp on allowed. But seriously, pvp makes dayz, dayz.

Try no PvP servers, or a low pop server, with pvp on allowed. But seriously, pvp makes dayz, dayz.

I agree but I can certainly see the validity in non PvP mods/servers who those who want that playstyle, or would like a little time to learn their way around major area and how everything works.

• Like 1

Tugay, don't load via steam.  Use DayZ Commander and you shouldn't have the kicking problem.  It will help you to select servers that match your requirements - eg the right mod (I prefer 1.7.7.1 personally) and patch, and you can sort via ping.  So you will find those servers that will work best for you.

• Like 1

thanks getting used to it now, uninstalled via steam and the commander is working great, just finding what mod I like the best very hard game tho on your own

• Like 2

Epoch is the best mod out there imo.  Economy/Trader system, crafting, Modular Base Building, Locking Vehicles, everything you would want/dream of all in one place.

192.31.185.216:3289

Good to hear, Tugay.  Welcome to DayZ, have a great time! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

thanks getting used to it now, uninstalled via steam and the commander is working great, just finding what mod I like the best very hard game tho on your own

Yes these days it is quite difficult to do well in DayZ alone, unless you're quite veteran as a player, so if you can find some friends or maybe join a clan once you get the hang of it I think it would make the experience a lot better. When I am playing alone, my character usually survives about 4-5 days tops. When I'm doing things with others on the server, much longer, usually. Unless they're not very good.