Sign in to follow this  
nyxe2k

Helicopters and map size

This as probably been asked again and again and i'm sorry. However, can anyone explain the current state of helicopters in game?

Are they spawning (only see crashes on some servers, never see fixable ones)?

3 per server?

3 per restart?

Anything relevant whilst we're on topic?

Thanks a lot (:

Also I was wondering how far you can travel off of the map before you either:

1) hit a invisible wall

2) fall off the edge

3) die?

(: would appreciate as much info as you can provide.

my friend found 2 in a row today within minutes of each other, and i found one after restart with gear in. So im guessing the gear + location changes on reset.

As far as the real fixable heli's go there's about 9 spawn locations but I don't think they're spawning. Be nice to have someone confirm this.

Also really interested in what happens when u head off the map... must be a barrier somewhere?

Negative, nyxe; there is currently nothing preventing you from flying outside of the map. Many people hide tents and vehicles out there.

Are helicopters spawning? or do they spawn once per server. Restarting wont respawn them?

well, this answered my question, how far can you go off the map -.- I walked 2 hours across the North border, because I haven't seen trees for 2 hours, I haven't seen anything but the coast for 2 hours -.- I might just respawn LOL.

There is less than 9 spawn location for fixable heli's and they are not spawning at all at this time.

There can be multiple heli crash sites on a server and they may change positions after a server restart.

Fixable helicopters don't exist for what ever reason, we keep getting the reason "they cause desync, needs more testing" but that's all.. I would test if I could.

Thanks for confirming vipeax. Does that mean theyre not in the game or just not spawning?

Ah, I really want one... I don't think they should have weaponry on them however, just for transport purposes with my clan. While we're on the subject of vehicles, when do they respawn?

If there's a bus in cherno, and someone takes it... does it come back next restart?

or if it blows up will it come back next restart? etc

(: